i did the other hand (custom blend)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
right the second hand ....i lightend the free edge mix,,
ill stert the critique ball rolling ...
the smiles arnt smiling,they are uneven,they dont match and they are not crisp! :irked:
*the line of light isnt even there..its more of a wiggle :irked:
the nails are very bumpy,
*the free edge's are not consistant (the thumb and nagger finger are sculpts btw ,the others are all tip and overlay's)
*but i am quite impressed with my cuticle area though,i have never got it this neat using my left hand before :lol: (think its my new brush!!!)
*oh and some of the sidewalls are already lifted :irked: think thats caused by me not applying enough pressure while pressing the product down,and heavy uneven filing!

but on a lighter note,from hold hands out in front of you distance..they do look pretty good :green:

i know im very critical of my own work before i get told of hahaha!
but i cant help it xxx
all advice and critique is very very welcome as always :hug:
Picture306.jpg

by the way,the second hand is the one at the back (dont know why actually i should have put it at the front!

Like the pink blend, looks nice against your skin!

The white (IMO) looks a little on the yellow side, however this could be the angle they are photo'd on (the pinkie on right hand has a nicer tone)
Also the white is still a bit too long by only a couple of three mm's

The smiles (as you mentioned) are nice on the left hand - pinkie best of all.

The only other feedback would be that the sidewalls are not straight on all nails. The middle two of the left hand are better.. and the free edge shape is a bit variable (which is exagerated by the sidewalls)

Bareing in mind these are done on yourself, I think you've done a supurb job!

PS - love the pjamas ;)

:hug:
I think you did a fantastic job once again...
I know there is always room for improvement, but I really do think that you are too hard on yourself !!

I would love for you to give me a set just like that...and I would pay you handsomely !!!

Sincerely;
the nail fairy:Love:

I think they look wonderful Emms!!

It's not so easy doing the opposite hand, I have trouble with my smile lines as well.

Overall Emms, they are very nice, you can do mine anytime!!:green:

PS: Love your jammies Emms!!

As Envy said the whole effect would look much better if they were shortened a bit as they still look a bit out of balance to me, white should at most only be 1/3 of the length of the nail bed, I personally like to see them about 1/4 the length, as I think they look more natural that way. Maybe try just taking off a little bit and see how that looks. Overall, apart from the length and the free edge varying in colour, they are good for having done them on yourself.

I can't add anymore to what Envy has said....damn he's good!!

It is soooo difficult to do smiles with your left hand though!!!...I have tried everything when I am doing that....even tried the cookie cutter method using a tip(too footery!!)....but I just went back to persevering.....and practise, practise, practise.......

nails look great, i love the pyjamas, lol

I can't add anymore to what Envy has said....damn he's good!!

It is soooo difficult to do smiles with your left hand though!!!...I have tried everything when I am doing that....even tried the cookie cutter method using a tip(too footery!!)....but I just went back to persevering.....and practise, practise, practise.......

Izzi, you're fab!! What kind of word is footery??!!

thankyou for all comments on my jammies :hug: :green:
i abserloutly luuuurrrvvee my jammies im always in them as soon as i come home..jammies on!!! cant beat em!

oh and the nails lol !
the hand in front is way to yellow...im going to try to correct that today i have 3 different colour free edges lol ,its well getting on my nerves,
i will take the legth down a little more too! and see how they look then will show you all of course.....
i appreciate all your comments so much ,its helps me tonnes
thankyou everybody

oooh and forgot to mention while i was busy moaning about my self i forgot to praise myself over my nail bed ...this is the first time i have done custom blends with out them looking all marbled...so im defo getting the hang of the ratio and the overlapping now...i never thought i would, i only have a few overlapping marks..1 on my ring finger (front hand)1 little one on my pinkie (hand at the back) and a very faint one on my niddle finger (back hand)
thankyou everyone xxx:hug:

half the length and every smile and colour like that pinkie (at the front/hand on top), you'd get a first place from me, they look amazing, nice to see you are game enough to post pics and initiate the advice given by the pros. If i wasn't a bloke, i'd even let you do a full set on me :)
It's never easy to do your "odd hand" (but you have put your best hand forward). The white is almost soft enough to be "sexy". It's all in the pinkie emmsy !!!! This is of course IMHO.

again lovely ems, well done xx lurrrve the pj's aswell x

They are gorgeous well done babe!!

JMHO on your wrong hand, you placed the smiles lower than on your good hand....tell me about doing your wrong hand though !!!

Just a couple of mm less length ...fab...have you put your prices up yet?

They are looking lovely Emma.. you should be very pleased with them. The whites are a bit on the long side for my liking.. but they are very sleek and elegant none the less.. :)

What on earth are you wearing Flanelette pj's for in the middle of summer/?? They do look comfy tho :)

half the length and every smile and colour like that pinkie (at the front/hand on top), you'd get a first place from me, they look amazing, nice to see you are game enough to post pics and initiate the advice given by the pros. If i wasn't a bloke, i'd even let you do a full set on me :)
It's never easy to do your "odd hand" (but you have put your best hand forward). The white is almost soft enough to be "sexy". It's all in the pinkie emmsy !!!! This is of course IMHO.
i take that as an abserloutly massive compliment thankyou so much :hug: so im following little left hand pinkie and a little shorter and i might just have cracked it...see i knew when i posted the first piccie the other day you geekies would help me tweak them,and get them looking miles better
thankyou so much babes...and if you didnt live so far away id try hard to blag you into letting me do some on you!!!!!!! :green:

They are looking lovely Emma.. you should be very pleased with them. The whites are a bit on the long side for my liking.. but they are very sleek and elegant none the less.. :)

What on earth are you wearing Flanelette pj's for in the middle of summer/?? They do look comfy tho :)
lol i love my jammies..and it was dead cold here yesterday,it was peeing down and the kids had made a den in the front garden so i had to leave the front door open,i was freezing :lol: was sweating my @**e off in the middle of the night though...im in pj shorts and a vest top tonight now and i have goosebumps!

i will work on the nails a little more,gunna try thining out the yellow ones and replacing with the white i used on my pinkie...and ill shorten them a bit more
im enjoying this little experiment

Latest posts

Back