I don't know what to do!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
LONG POST
I've got a client. That I have a feeling is gonna cause me lots of headaches.

She has medical issues that cause her to cancel appointments REALLY last minute.

She usually colours her hair at home. Every two weeks.

She decided to come to me and have highlights to brighten it. But she wanted white blonde but not too light or too blonde. Lifted to a pretty ashen blonde considering how dark it was and how many times she's ended up colouring the ends

4 weeks later she comes again. Her ends are too khaki. But her hair is too yellowy and the colour was too warm for her. (I used a cool tone. Literally her own minimal warmth coming through). So I use a violet/blue ash opposed to a blue ash and whack a load more foils through (because actually last time there wasn't enough). Before she leaves w client of mine comes in with silver/ash blonde. And she tells me THATS what she wants. She FINALLY has an aim hallelujah. I KNOW what she wants now. Easy.

Next day she calls. The violet pigment is too obvious.

Day after she has appointment to sort the Violet. Client decides blonde is too much upkeep. Having to use silver shampoo twice a week. Ends are khaki etc etc. take me back dark.

Explain that the warmth will be needed (just a gold pigment) put back In. That's all fine.

Comes in with her hubby for his appointment a week or two after her appointment.

My hair is ginger. What can I do?! I reiterated about the warm tone on the blonde blah blah blah.

I said I'll use a neutral/ash tone next time. But I KNOW she'll say it's too ash/khaki. Grr. It's basically ALWAYS a colour correction doing hers!

Last edited:
Suggest to her to bring some pictures of her ideal colour. If you think the pictures she brings aren't achievable then come up with some pictures together. If she's still not happy, at least you have given her what she thought she wanted x

Sounds like a total pain in the backside. Hate clients like that! Had one just like this before. Turns out she did the same thing to the manager when she worked at a different salon.
She was politely asked to find another stylist as clearly we weren't the right fit..

Are you charging her properly for every single appointment?
If so, she can change her mind weekly, if she likes.

Honestly, I know we want people to walk out deliriously happy but there will always be clients who have a 'glass half full' attitude to life and will never feel satisfied even if they won the lottery, they'd moan it wasn't enough money.

Charge her for a colour correction every time and smile all the way to the bank. :D
You'll definitely feel more relaxed about her appointments if you're making a good profit from her.

LONG POST
I've got a client. That I have a feeling is gonna cause me lots of headaches.

She has medical issues that cause her to cancel appointments REALLY last minute.

She usually colours her hair at home. Every two weeks.

She decided to come to me and have highlights to brighten it. But she wanted white blonde but not too light or too blonde. Lifted to a pretty ashen blonde considering how dark it was and how many times she's ended up colouring the ends

4 weeks later she comes again. Her ends are too khaki. But her hair is too yellowy and the colour was too warm for her. (I used a cool tone. Literally her own minimal warmth coming through). So I use a violet/blue ash opposed to a blue ash and whack a load more foils through (because actually last time there wasn't enough). Before she leaves w client of mine comes in with silver/ash blonde. And she tells me THATS what she wants. She FINALLY has an aim hallelujah. I KNOW what she wants now. Easy.

Next day she calls. The violet pigment is too obvious.

Day after she has appointment to sort the Violet. Client decides blonde is too much upkeep. Having to use silver shampoo twice a week. Ends are khaki etc etc. take me back dark.

Explain that the warmth will be needed (just a gold pigment) put back In. That's all fine.

Comes in with her hubby for his appointment a week or two after her appointment.

My hair is ginger. What can I do?! I reiterated about the warm tone on the blonde blah blah blah.

I said I'll use a neutral/ash tone next time. But I KNOW she'll say it's too ash/khaki. Grr. It's basically ALWAYS a colour correction doing hers!

Try Farouks CHI INFRA In BB with 20-30vol under lo heat 15 mins. Its formulated to eat through color and or Natural levels 5 and darker. It always gives me a beautiful cool light blond even on freshly colored hair.

Latest posts

Back