I feel awful!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acwhiteh

Reaction score
Sorry to bother you - I really shouldnt put this on a thread but needed to share it with someone!!!!
My boss is away at the moment (I work full time as a personal secretary and do nails mobile at night and weekends!) and when he goes on hols which is about 5/6 times a year I look after all his animals - went bout half hour ago - shut office and drove to his house - fed the goldfish and cats and went to check on the rabbits - and one of them has passed away - didnt no what to do - rang my mum and then my boss and he said dont worry take her to the vets and they'll sort it - felt awful even tho the rabbit was 9 - cleaned all the cage out and the other one looks fine but it was her mum and you no what animals are like so I am expecting the worse when i go up tomorrow

Thanks for reading - sorry its not very nice to hear but had to tell someone - do you think my boss will hate me for it???

Sorry to bother you - I really shouldnt put this on a thread but needed to share it with someone!!!!
My boss is away at the moment (I work full time as a personal secretary and do nails mobile at night and weekends!) and when he goes on hols which is about 5/6 times a year I look after all his animals - went bout half hour ago - shut office and drove to his house - fed the goldfish and cats and went to check on the rabbits - and one of them has passed away - didnt no what to do - rang my mum and then my boss and he said dont worry take her to the vets and they'll sort it - felt awful even tho the rabbit was 9 - cleaned all the cage out and the other one looks fine but it was her mum and you no what animals are like so I am expecting the worse when i go up tomorrow

Thanks for reading - sorry its not very nice to hear but had to tell someone - do you think my boss will hate me for it???

Ah bless ya! It's not your fault that the rabbit has gone, don't blame yourself. 9 is a fab age for a rabbit they don't usually live that long. Don't beat yourself up, I'm sure your boss will understand xx:hug:

Dont worry hunny, I know its horrid but you did the nicest thing by cleaning the cage and everything.

9 is a good age for a rabbit!

Thank you - they're his daughters rabbits and she's 16 so she should be able to understand - I keep thinking if I were them then really they should be grateful someone else has had to deal with it - sounds daft but.............

Awww, that must have been awful to find. But yes I know the concerns for you as the other rabbit could die of being lonely now.

I wouldnt know what to suggest..
personally?? I would go and get another so the other still has a friend and the girl still has 2.

A poor rabbit caged on its own is like prison! I wouldnt like it!
I have 2 house rabbits and wouldnt dream of making them live in a pokey hutch. But I know lots do it and some are really cared for well.

Its sad the rabbit died, but 9 years old is a good age for a rabbit and I suspect she just died of old age.
You have been so good and totally done the best thing by cleaning the cage incase it was a disease etc..
Vets can do a post mortem if you ask but with that age I think they would just put it down to its age.

I dont know what else to say.. I am feeling for you after reading that! :cry:

I think at 16 she will plenty understand the concept of death, don't beat yourself up about it, you just happened to be the one that found it.

If she is the sensitive type she will probably be glad that you found the rabbit and dealt with it instead of it lying there until they came home. :hug:

Thanks you guys - they are back in the early hours of Friday morning so will leave things as they are till then - will be going up everyday to check on the other one - 3 days to go so hopefully she will be alright - about getting another rabbit I dont think it is my place to so it - dont take that the wrong way becauseI complately agree that its not fair leaving it on its own but I have no relationship with the family apart from being an employee and I think it should be there decision about getting a new rabbit

Thanks you guys - they are back in the early hours of Friday morning so will leave things as they are till then - will be going up everyday to check on the other one - 3 days to go so hopefully she will be alright - about getting another rabbit I dont think it is my place to so it - dont take that the wrong way becauseI complately agree that its not fair leaving it on its own but I have no relationship with the family apart from being an employee and I think it should be there decision about getting a new rabbit

Yeah I agree, it should be ok for only 3 days etc..
but I would mention that it would probably last longer with a friend when they get the chance.

Good luck and keep us informed on the other! xxx:hug:

I think your right not to get another one without their permission, perhaps just try and give the other one some attention before they get back

Thank you you guys - will keep you informed - just makes it worse as they're mother and daughter - silly really - think in a way it's worse when the animals not yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again

Clarexxx

I know what you mean, its happened to my grandad looking after our cat, he felt responsible even though it was no-one's fault.

Latest posts

Back