I freakin' love halloween!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr8nailz

Reaction score
As the title infers, I love Halloween and I recently found out that it is celebrated in the UK and that many of my SG family love the holiday as well.

I thought it would be fun to share some recipes and pictures since pretty soon, we'll be hosting or attending Halloween parties and we could use some unique ideas.

I'll start with a dish I found on a website. I brought this dish to parties and it was a favorite with adults. I'll post more later.

gr8nailz-albums-my+world-picture41504-stuffed-roaches-gross-halloween-food.jpg

Ingredients:
1/3 C. cream cheese, softened
1/4 C. walnuts, chopped semi-fine
20-30 dates, pitted

Instructions: 1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and nuts til well mixed.
2. Gently fill each date with cream cheese/nut mixture (you may have to split the dates slightly). 3. Serve in a halloween theme tray decorated with several rubber roaches (if desired). Label as "Stuffed Roaches," or "Fresh-caught Cockroaches," etc.

Oooh! This is a great idea! A friend has her birthday on Haloween so I'm helping her set up for the party and we were struggling to find new ideas for food. So far the only really original thing I have come across is these amazing mice. Just need to get my hands on some Hershey Kisses!

5112432314_3c8193bc85.jpg

Omnomicon makes » halloween/christmas recipe: chocolate cherry mice

Last edited:
omfg i thought that actually was bloomin roaches , :irked: lmao .. its looks brill x

As the title infers, I love Halloween and I recently found out that it is celebrated in the UK and that many of my SG family love the holiday as well.

I thought it would be fun to share some recipes and pictures since pretty soon, we'll be hosting or attending Halloween parties and we could use some unique ideas.

I'll start with a dish I found on a website. I brought this dish to parties and it was a favorite with adults. I'll post more later.

gr8nailz-albums-my+world-picture41504-stuffed-roaches-gross-halloween-food.jpg

Ingredients:
1/3 C. cream cheese, softened
1/4 C. walnuts, chopped semi-fine
20-30 dates, pitted

Instructions: 1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and nuts til well mixed.
2. Gently fill each date with cream cheese/nut mixture (you may have to split the dates slightly). 3. Serve in a halloween theme tray decorated with several rubber roaches (if desired). Label as "Stuffed Roaches," or "Fresh-caught Cockroaches," etc.
Eeeww.

Like ya'll didn't think I'd come with something "dark." Come on now!

We love it too.....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317059170.473889.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317059170.473889.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 197
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317059230.157105.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317059230.157105.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 160
Love it!!!!!!!!!:)

You can normally get Hershey Kisses in Selfridges food hall, or maybe order them online.

gr8nailz-albums-my+world-picture41508-shrimp-brain.jpg

Ingredients:
3 lbs. shrimp, peeled, cooked, deveined
2 small roasted red peppers, julienned
1 green onion, sliced into 2" pieces, then julienned

Gelatin Mixture:
2 1/2 C. chicken broth
1 1/2 tbsp. (1 1/2 envelopes) unflavored gelatin
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/4 C. fresh lemon juice
1/2 C. tomato paste
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp. honey
1-2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
Pinch salt

Instructions 1. Into a purchased jello brain mold,
image-4025711-10437856
layer your shrimp in, tails facing the middle of the brain. It's best if you layer them into the brain mold with the tails facing the middle, according to each "hemisphere" of the brain. This will give you the most realistic look. Tuck the shrimps in close together.
2. Drop bits of roasted pepper and green onion in around the shrimp. These should look like veins and nerves when you're finished.
3. Repeat, alternating between shrimp and vegetables, until you fill your Jello brain mold.
4. Now make the gelatin. In a small saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the unflavored gelatin.
5. Stir in the lemon zest, juice, tomato paste, garlic, honey, cajun seasoning, and a pinch of salt (the amount will depend on how much salt is in your Cajun seasoning-- mine's salty so I don't use much).
6. Pour this mixture over the shrimp in your brain mold, filling to the top. Discard any extra. With a rubber spatula, smooth the top of your shrimp and gelatin to create a smooth surface.
7. Refrigerate until firm, at least several hours.
8. To unmold, set your Jello brain mold in a bowl of hot water for a few seconds. Place a serving tray underneath, then flip your mold over. The brain should pop right out. This is one of the easiest gross Halloween foods to make in advance! 9. Serve with fava beans and a glass of Chianti. (Kidding!)

Oh I just love halloween! I love dressing up!!

Last year I was a psycho nurse! This year I'm going to be a zombie cheerleader - corny I know but I didnt think I could top the nurse so Id have to go the sexy corny route, unless anyone has got any ideas?

Im ordering my cheerleader outfit this week and will shorten it and sex and gore it up, getting a fake 'sliced open neck' thing and white zombie contacts. I rent above a hair dressers and they are doing me a big bouncy cheerleader blow dry and my make up artist will work wonders on my face. I cant wait!

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 232
This is me and my little bro way way past the witching hour, we definatly needed a nurse!

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 178
Great receipes!! xx

Subscribing to this thread :D I usually wing it come halloween and end up in a last minute dash haha

Just for show last year ( and not to be eaten until wayyyy after you are too drunk to taste anything ) I did green jelly and used pickled onions with raisins in the centre of them to set inside the jelly so it looked like eyeballs :D

lychees with a blueberry in the middle also make fab eyeballs! x

Here's my Halloween Costume 2009 - Raining Cats and Dogs
gr8nailz-albums-my+world-picture41529-halloween-2009.jpg

Here's my Halloween Costume 2010 - Don't Give a F**k Housewife
gr8nailz-albums-my+world-picture41528-halloween-2010.jpg

Here's my Halloween Costume 2010 - Don't Give a F**k Housewife
gr8nailz-albums-my+world-picture41528-halloween-2010.jpg

Was trying to work out who this was! Love it!
(Worried it might actually be me on a good day)

As you can see from my avatar I like dressing up.
Will try to track down some Halloween pics.

The housewife costume was easy and sooooo comfortable. No one had any idea who I was!

Latest posts

Back