I generally get really nervous before clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbailey

Reaction score
Hey
I’m just looking for tips on how to control my nerves!!
I was in the beauty industry around 8 years ago and have a had a baby recently, I’m going back into the industry now as it works better with my family life.
I’m doing Russian and classic lashes only been doing them around 2 months and honestly I get so nervous!
even if someone is just coming for a patch test!
I’m doing someone’s wedding lasheses next Friday and I’m panicking!!! How do you control this? Or is it just me?! I’m just so scared of them looking awful or the client not being happy! I’m still practicing and they are currently on offer for that reason.
My partner says I care too much about what people think? But honestly I get anxiety bad just thinking about it!

HELP!!!

you have nothing to worry about. i get like this before all my hair extensions clients. you got this girl, stop worrying xx

It’s perfectly normal to feel anxious about performing a service when you’re still at the recently qualified or just returning stage when you still need to gain a lot more experience.
In your shoes, I wouldn’t have accepted the booking.
If you’re offering lashes at a reduced price to gain more experience, why would you put yourself in that position? Wedding clients are notoriously fussy and sometimes have rather unrealistic expectations because they have a vision in their head that bears no resemblance to reality. Combined with trying to do the wedding as cheaply as possible, simply adds to the pressure.

You need to decide now if you’re definitely going to do it because it would be unfair to cancel on the day.

It’s perfectly normal to feel anxious about performing a service when you’re still at the recently qualified or just returning stage when you still need to gain a lot more experience.
In your shoes, I wouldn’t have accepted the booking.
If you’re offering lashes at a reduced price to gain more experience, why would you put yourself in that position? Wedding clients are notoriously fussy and sometimes have rather unrealistic expectations because they have a vision in their head that bears no resemblance to reality. Combined with trying to do the wedding as cheaply as possible, simply adds to the pressure.

You need to decide now if you’re definitely going to do it because it would be unfair to cancel on the day.
I understand exactly what you are saying. she is one of my really close friends and is willing for me to do them knowing I’m practising etc. If it was another Bride I probably wouldn’t have accepted no. I am still nervous though! Think I’m just a perfectionist.
Thanks
X

I did wedding lashes when I was still fairly new to it. I agreed with the girl to do them just over a week before the wedding so there was time to remove if she went away and they weren't okay, and then she came back just before the wedding to have the few that had fallen out replaced. She was really happy with them, but it put my mind at ease knowing if there was a problem she had a week to have someone else do them. They ended up being the best set I'd done, she was s happy coming back for a mini fill and is now a regular.

I get nervous for every new client, and I find being really prepared helps, so I get everything set up half hour before they're due and go sit down with a book rather than waiting for the door to go. When I do a patch test I take a picture of their lashes and note what size lashes I'll be using so I know what to expect when they return. Half hour before they arrive I already have eyepads and the correct size lashes etc all out and in position ready to go so when they come in I'm all set up and can just follow my routine.

The nerves hit me when they look in the mirror - but at the end of the day as long as you're doing a good job, and you're making people aware that you're still practicing before your booking, they'll be happy.

Thank you the advise!!!
I have been setting everything out and that does take the pressure off. I do sit there and wait for the door to go though!
Ahh I should have thought about that. She gets married two days later, abroad as well! do you reckon I should advise her to book in elsewhere?

Did she book in with you because she wants extensions for her wedding, or did she just book in because you've started doing them?

If it's the first, show her pictures of what you've achieved so far, make sure she would be happy with lashes like your clients are currently receiving. If she's concerned she won't be then I would suggest booking in elsewhere so you both have piece of mind.

If it's the second and this is just a bonus, then let her come to you. If she hasn't been planning her makeup and lashes for months then you will be fine! If she hates them they can always be removed!!

She's your friend so you'll know how uptight of a bride she is - make your decision from there :)

Is she getting married somewhere very hot?

Did she book in with you because she wants extensions for her wedding, or did she just book in because you've started doing them?

If it's the first, show her pictures of what you've achieved so far, make sure she would be happy with lashes like your clients are currently receiving. If she's concerned she won't be then I would suggest booking in elsewhere so you both have piece of mind.

If it's the second and this is just a bonus, then let her come to you. If she hasn't been planning her makeup and lashes for months then you will be fine! If she hates them they can always be removed!!

She's your friend so you'll know how uptight of a bride she is - make your decision from there :)
It was a bit of both. She wanted them doing initially anyway, but advised she wanted to give me the experience and the money.
I just know I’m going to feel awful if they start to come out or she doesn’t like them.
I’ll have a word with her tonight see what she thinks.
Thank you xx

I've been trained since 1996 and I get nervous before the first client of the day, every single day!
I call it performance anxiety; I'm worried that somehow I'll forget everything I've ever learnt.

I've been trained since 1996 and I get nervous before the first client of the day, every single day!
I call it performance anxiety; I'm worried that somehow I'll forget everything I've ever learnt.
Wow really? So it’s totally normal then! I suppose it just shows how much we care then.
Thanks x

Ok guys a bit of advise, a client has just been for a patch test. Usually I would apply a couple of lashes to the outside of the eye. This client was going for Lvl treatment after, so I just put the products behind her ear.
During the consultation she advised me that she has a reaction to hair dye (quite severely). Providing she doesn’t have a reaction to my patch test should it be ok to proceed?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back