i get nervous with eyebrow waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie y

Reaction score
:cry: is it just me but i get so nervous with eyebrow waxing that i hate it any tips would be great, give me any other part of the body and i dont have a problem.

Me too I am so worried that I will take too much off or not enough off.

So I always do a good consultation as to what the client wants their eyebrows to look like...some like them thin others don't.

Since I started using the Clean & Easy system a year or so ago eyebrow waxing is so much easier as the really thin head allows you to draw the shape of brow your client wants...I generally tweeze after to get the shape just right.

Still don't like doing them though.

Brush the hair upwards with an eyebrow brush so you dont catch any of the ones coming from above where you want to wax and just remember that where you put the wax is where the hair will come off if you think your wax is in the wrong place do not put the strip over it.Never go over the same area on the eyebrows it nearly always strips the skin off leaving a graze and double check the wax for temperature.It doesnt matter if you pluck a bit afterwards.

even though i can see were im putting the wax ,i have visons of when taking of the strip their are no eyebrows, it scares me to death evertime. i also tweezer the shape in.:cry: eyebrows are so important they change your face.

i even purchased a book of eyebrow stencils from america its a great site eyebrowz.com but i still hate it, i think iv got it in my head now so that every time i go to do them im like oh my god here we go. although the client doesnt know how i feel i pretend everythings fine. :rolleyes:

I so hated doing eyebrow waxing when I first started out but everyone wanted it done so I got thrown into it. I used to get all red, hot and bothered about it.

Basically it's just practice. I was always aware that I was taking my time and got more nervous because of this but now I just find that it's better to take your time and do a good job than try to be look efficient and maybe do it wrong.

I always tweeze after I've waxed as I would rather do that than take too much off!

Best of luck!

I was the same when i started waxing, I would absolutley dread them, had visions of the whole eyebrow coming off, I would also put vaseline over the bits I didn't want taken of, and if in doubt take less off, you can always tweeze any stray ones, nowadays i feel as if I could do them in my sleep, it's all about pracise and confidence, and always ask them what they would like shapewise and thickness
ali

Hi Guy

I was the same.

I decided to go and do permanent makeup
(this made things alot better for waxing)

I thought what was i worried about..tattooing is the worst as its permanent

Good luck
Jenx

I was the same when i started waxing, I would absolutley dread them, had visions of the whole eyebrow coming off, I would also put vaseline over the bits I didn't want taken of, and if in doubt take less off, you can always tweeze any stray ones, nowadays i feel as if I could do them in my sleep, it's all about pracise and confidence, and always ask them what they would like shapewise and thickness
ali

I found that vasaline done help with the initial nerves.

I now dont use vasaline - as long as you put the wax here is needed you dont have to worry about removing hairs that you shouldnt. by using small cut up strips and only using each one once you will NOT remove the hairs with no wx on - so dont worry and relax when doing them.

I took off half my mothers brow on one of my first waxes:rolleyes: I have since learned that when you press the strip the wax can move upwards and cling to areas you don't want to wax.

hth's

I took off half my mothers brow on one of my first waxes:rolleyes: I have since learned that when you press the strip the wax can move upwards and cling to areas you don't want to wax.

hth's

As long as you dont put too much wax one this shouldnt happen.

I have been nervous about using oil as a skin protector on the eyebrows for this very same reason!

Yip got it in one the more experienced you get the less wax you put on:)

the oil thing is superb in fact any advice Axiom gives always is:)

Me to, i don't like doing eyebrow shapes at all. I agree with cathie the clean + easy system is a doddle for eyebrow waxing.

I always use a really thin spatula like the ones you get in starbucks to stir your coffee, I did actually end up buying a box though as was spending way to much money on coffee :lol: I find that this helps as the wax can be applied more precisely (not sure if thats the right word!) and since then its got much easier.

any of you geeks wax the hair above the eyebrow or is that a no no?

I personally don't remove from the top (never needed to)

I believe opinions are divided on wether you should or not. Most people still tend not to tho

Its a no for me above the eyebrow.

I am amazed though how many client come in saying that they have been waxed above many times.

I adore doing eyebrows and I have a large client base just for brows alone.

Put a tiny drop of oil into the palms of your hands and rub your hands together so you're just left with a fine film. Wipe or press over the brows. Apply your wax wafer thin. Then, get you wax strip and place the top of the strip only on the waxed area, not above so that it's covering the brows that you don't want to wax off. That way you can see exactly what you're doing and it isn't so scary. Press firmly and rip. Don't feel that you have to apply the wax in one. Move along the brow in small areas if that's better for you. xxx

I adore doing eyebrows and I have a large client base just for brows alone.

Put a tiny drop of oil into the palms of your hands and rub your hands together so you're just left with a fine film. Wipe or press over the brows. Apply your wax wafer thin. Then, get you wax strip and place the top of the strip only on the waxed area, not above so that it's covering the brows that you don't want to wax off. That way you can see exactly what you're doing and it isn't so scary. Press firmly and rip. Don't feel that you have to apply the wax in one. Move along the brow in small areas if that's better for you. xxx

Very well explained Kimmi, that's exactly what I do now.

any of you geeks wax the hair above the eyebrow or is that a no no?
Hi, i find that asking the client and using your own common sense helps with this question. I've waxed clients eyebrows that virtually join their hairline, so no matter what you do underneath the eyebrow it's never going to look neat with a great thick bush above. I don't take the obvious thick, terminal hair that actually makes up the eyebrow it is only the velous hairs that i will take. Although i was trained to never take hairs above, i think you need to ask your client what they want.:)
HTH
Also as regards actually waxing the eyebrow, when i apply the wax i don't apply it too thick for when you put the strip over it it spreads like mayonnaise (was what i was taught at college), thus if you apply too much it will take off extra hair. Once the wax is on i also use an orange woodstick and pull the hairs down onto the wax, this will give you a more defined shape and reduce the amount of tweezing you need to do.:biggrin:
Sorry i've waffled on, i do tend to do that, keep up the good work
julie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The easiest solution to all of this is threading !! :lol:

No more nightmares about waxing someones whole eyebrow off :eek:

Marlise

Latest posts

Back