I got let go

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So just a update.. I have a trial day tomorrow at a express bar in sainsburys.. I passed the trade test which was a gel manicure (I got timed 27 mins) and she stated she was impressed with the timing and overall finish. (She said I was the quickest to complete it out of the people she interviewed). So tomorrow I’ve got to do a 9-12 shift... I’m soo soo nervous it’s unreal.. the nerves are kicking in big time. I’m sure il be fine but have you got any tips to help me feel less nervous? The treatments il be doing will be mainly facial waxing and gel manicures. It’s a walk in service so I think this is either going to make or break me.. will update tomorrow evening to see how I got on. Wish me luck [emoji51]

Good luck!! Act like you have been doing it your whole life and pretend you are totally confident and it will just be that way. You will be luck a duck to water once you get going!

Memorise the order you’d do it (your hands will probably remember before your brain anyway!), so you can just fly to it when someone walks in.

Can’t wait to hear about it fingers crossed for you.

So that went really well! I did a eyelash and eyebrow tint, a eyebrow and upper lip wax and 3 gel manicures.. I did the most I’ve done in 3 hours than I did at the old salon. I loved it. Because it’s a walk in I had no time to get nervous and just got on with it- boosted my confidence. I got £1 tip. And my new “manager” if I can call her that yet said I did a really good job and il hear from her Wednesday if I got the job or not.. she has 2 other people to see. So fingers crossed

Well done! Got my fingers crossed for you

So I got the job!! I start Sunday 6th October 10-4pm thank you all for you words of encouragement!!! X

Weldone!! Stay confident and realise that you belong there. You will still be learning as you go along and that’s ok. Congratulations x

Well done. I hope it works out well for you. :)

Well done, hope it goes really well

So I thought I would write a update! I’m onto my 3rd month now, I’ve had extra training to ensure I’m up to the salons standard and had lots of practice! My manger has offered me a permanent position! In my old salon I rarely had people in as it was bookings so was really quiet. I’m now doing up to 13 people a shift (I work 9-2, 9-3 and 10-4) my first week I had a few blips, my manager sat me down and explained where I went wrong, helped me improve and now I’m not getting no complaints at all! I’m regularly getting clients come back and getting very good tips! I’ve just come back from my last shift of the week and have done £22 worth of tips in 3 days! I’m in a much happier place and frame of mind. But want to say thank you to you all for your advice and feedback it has really helped me not give up and improve in my weaker areas! Xx

What a brilliant update.
I’m so pleased that you didn’t let your initial bad experience ruin your confidence completely and that you have triumphed so magnificently.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas!

So pleased to hear it’s worked out for you and you have a great new manager who has taken you under their wing!

Hi. Just reading all of this and a very well done to you. I have just started a month ago being self employed in manicure and pedicure, my friend owns her own salon so i pop in there every now and then to watch her or ask questions.
I am really happy for you and i bet if your old manager had took the time to explain then you could still have been there but now you have moved up and onto better things.
Well done you

Thank you for all your kind words. I have seen for myself my old salon is going down hill. So I don’t think it was me personally just poor management. I’m in a better place so let’s see what 2020 brings x

Latest posts

Back