I hate my CND lamp, am I the only one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratten13

Reaction score
Reason 1: the outlet is on the bottom causing it to wear out extremely fast.

Reason 2: one of my lamps bulbs burnt out way faster than the other when they were bought at the same time

Reason 3: it’s hard to cure toes without my clients nicking them and causing a dent I later have to buff out.

I know you are supposed to keep the system of gel you are using with the Same lamp. I am considering switching my whole system. What system would you recommend? preferably one that has a light with a removable bottom. Thanks!

If you're looking for another hypoallergenic HEMA free brand have a look at Ikon.iq. If you spend over £180 on specific products you get their lamp free! :p

If you're looking for another hypoallergenic HEMA free brand have a look at Ikon.iq. If you spend over £180 on specific products you get their lamp free! :p
And, the bottom of the lamp is removable :D

Have you not seen the new CND lamp? The base is removable for feet and it has a sturdier outlet than the last one

CND Came out with a new lamp. It addresses most of the issues of the old one.

Have you not seen the new CND lamp? The base is removable for feet and it has a sturdier outlet than the last one

Thank you I actually just saw it in a magazine yesterday I’ll check it out [emoji4]

Try Russian or Ukrainian gels (Gloss, Diva, f.o.x., oxxi, Komilfo, Reforma, Adore (Adore is well known) etc). They are universal and dont require specific lamp. And they are much cheaper. I use this web site https://amoreshop.com.ua/nogti/gel-laki.html

Try Russian or Ukrainian gels (Gloss, Diva, f.o.x., oxxi, Komilfo, Reforma, Adore (Adore is well known) etc). They are universal and dont require specific lamp. And they are much cheaper. I use this web site Гель-лаки для ногтей купить в Киеве с доставкой по Украине ➤ AmoreShop

There are no Russian or Ukrainian gel factories. Nearly all products are bought from China. One older Ukrainian brand (pretends to be USA), buys from a European factory. We know this market very well :)

I use the LEDdot lamp by light elegance can order through cnd it’s best lamp I’ve ever used can order through sweet squared and see you tube for more info! I still use CND shellac with light elegance lamp none have my clients have ever mentioned it being a different brand but if they did it’s from sweet squared anyway!

There are no Russian or Ukrainian gel factories. Nearly all products are bought from China. One older Ukrainian brand (pretends to be USA), buys from a European factory. We know this market very well :)

That would explain the pricing besides straight conversions. Still, how do you explain Russian\Ukrainian gel brands that has labels and openly states, made in Germany? InShot_20200821_091139117.jpg

Last edited:
That would explain the pricing besides straight conversions. Still, how do you explain Russian\Ukrainian gel brands that has labels and openly states, made in Germany?

He already explained. ‘buys from a European factory’.

Germany is in Europe. :)

He already explained. ‘buys from a European factory’.

Germany is in Europe. :)
Let me try this again. Ahrem.

He is trying to discredit Russian\Ukrainian gel brands because most of them buy their formulations from China.. Guess what? So does a lot of American Gel companies. Our trusty CND states "Made in Mexico & foreign ingredients." Foreign being from where? Hmmm...I wonder.
*note. I am not implying CND bought their formulations from China but has "foreign" chemicals. How much of those foreign ingredients are raw\pure vs. Pre-mixed solutions we don't know.

He mentions a Ukrainian brand posing as an American brand, but made from a "European factory." What's wrong with European factories? IS Ikon.IQ, the gel brand he represents, not based in Sweden\Germany as well?

Let me cut to the chase. Bob has been pretty consistent with nail tech knowledge especially when it comes to hypoallergenic gels and concerning allergies.

Discrediting other companies by spreading false information to promote his company is bad business and gives rise to their company's morale. At least in my eyes.

My impression was that the EU had more strict cosmetics regulations compared to most countries.
Lastly, not all things from made from China are bad and reckless. Most of it, yes, lol, but not all.

Bottom line. Do your own research. And I am really interested in a direct response from Bob himself. Thanks.

Last edited:
I don't recommend other brands. Also you should try the new CND lamp.

I’m closing this thread here as the OP posted asking about CND lamps and the query was answered about a year ago so if anyone wishes to discuss other gel brands, please create a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back