I hate spots with a passion!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemmiLou

Newbie Nail Tech
Reaction score
I know this isnt a big deal byt just after some advice on my skin. I am 28 and get big cyst type spots under the skin on my chin and it is getting me down because I cant really cover them and have tried everything i can to get rid. I use a clarasonic which keeps my face ultra clean and no before you ask ( I got spots before I started using it, they are no better or worse since) I have tried freederm cleanser, Liz Earle cleanser, dermalogica products, tee tree oil, Dr Haushka, sudocream, toothpaste, perfume... you name it ive tried it.
These awful things keep popping up on my face whether I use products or not. I am at a loss. I really want to get my skin sorted before I get married as these would most definately show in the photos as are too big to hide! Has anyone got any ideas? I am always looking at other peoples skin and no one else my age seems to suffer.

I am on the implant which is due to come out soon. I think it could be hormone related? If so, what can I do to prevent these disgusting spots?
I dont want to go on any other birth control as the implant works for me except from this acne.

Does anyone else suffer? Do any of you clever people have any tips on how to cover spots/large bumps under the skin with make up pleeeeaaasseee? :cry::confused:

You'll find most skin pros on here would want to see your skin first, but there are a few questions.

What skincare do you use, and what is your routine?
What make up do you use?

The best thing you can do is get yourself into a skin salon and have a full consultation.

I'm an environ salon and we back up our skin care with excellent make up and supplements. There is a supplement called Accumax which is excellent for severe break outs, so there are solutions out there.

I'd get yourself to a salon and ask what they do if the products don't improve your skin. We offer a full refund.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know this isnt a big deal byt just after some advice on my skin. I am 28 and get big cyst type spots under the skin on my chin and it is getting me down because I cant really cover them and have tried everything i can to get rid. I use a clarasonic which keeps my face ultra clean and no before you ask ( I got spots before I started using it, they are no better or worse since) I have tried freederm cleanser, Liz Earle cleanser, dermalogica products, tee tree oil, Dr Haushka, sudocream, toothpaste, perfume... you name it ive tried it.
These awful things keep popping up on my face whether I use products or not. I am at a loss. I really want to get my skin sorted before I get married as these would most definately show in the photos as are too big to hide! Has anyone got any ideas? I am always looking at other peoples skin and no one else my age seems to suffer.

I am on the implant which is due to come out soon. I think it could be hormone related? If so, what can I do to prevent these disgusting spots?
I dont want to go on any other birth control as the implant works for me except from this acne.

Does anyone else suffer? Do any of you clever people have any tips on how to cover spots/large bumps under the skin with make up pleeeeaaasseee? :cry::confused:

I was the same as you have them for 3 years and nothing would stop them until I changed my contraceptive pill. Now I'm fine x

Know exactly how you feel it really is horrible. Not just the pain but how awful they look and stand out. I never ever suffered with my skin all through my teenage years and I would really never get spots at all. Since doing training for facials at college for quite a long time having probably too many facials my skin hasn't recovered since then and it's been almost a year.

I am now left with acne scarring from it and feel really upset about it since I managed to get this long with good skin and now I feel soo self concious about it! I have tried everything just like you have and haven't found anything thing at all that really works so im sorry I can't be of any help.

Would love to go to a salon like yours Vicks but unfortunately the funds won't allow it atall X

I totally understand but we have found that clients with poorly skin will spend on their skincare IF IT WORKS.

The peace of mind of a money back guarantee works wonders - and valentines and mothers day are just around the corner!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had big spots on my chin. I went to the doctors who confirmed it was acne and not just "spots" she gave me some duac. Dried my skin out but worked so well

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I totally understand but we have found that clients with poorly skin will spend on their skincare IF IT WORKS.

The peace of mind of a money back guarantee works wonders - and valentines and mothers day are just around the corner!

Vic x

I think it's just from buying soo much stuff to help but nothing helping! The money back thing is great though! Unfortunately Im in another country! X

I think it's just from buying soo much stuff to help but nothing helping! The money back thing is great though! Unfortunately Im in another country! X

Sarah here's a link to caroline hirons

Caroline Hirons: FAQs

I think her advice is just fabulous and the cheat sheets are brilliant

I love the way she gives you a real insight into what's going on with the skin and things you can take/do that will help.

I have a customer with severe acne she was so self conscious and through using eve taylor, experience of working with skin and extra knowledge gathered from caroline hirons we have made a great change to her skin

She was just in with me yesterday and its calmed sooo much for the first time ever.

Her point about pro biotics is really interesting

So what are you currently using for skincare and what is your routine, and what make up?

Thank you Lovelyeelafy that will be my Sunday reading!

The spots on my skin have seemed to finally calm down after all the facials but the problem im left with now is the acne scarring and how to get rid of that! :(

It definitely sounds hormonal as they around the chin & cystic. Glad they've cleared up for now but keep ontop of it still. Massage the area with Vitamin E oil to break down the scar tissue :)

Thank you Lovelyeelafy that will be my Sunday reading!

The spots on my skin have seemed to finally calm down after all the facials but the problem im left with now is the acne scarring and how to get rid of that! :(

have you considered laser or contacted hylagen in newry to see what they offer?

have you considered laser or contacted hylagen in newry to see what they offer?

I have been told the only way to get rid of the scarring is by laser but I can't afford it unfortunately!

Will look at getting vitamin e oil 😊

I would ditch the Clarisonic, they're just not necessary.

Also, avoid Liz Earle, the Cleanse & Polish used to aggravate my acne terribly!

Use an oil, cream or balm cleanser. Don't use anything foaming that will strip the skin. Make sure you are well moisturised - using a facial oil on the spots can really help them to heal quicker and prevent scarring.

Also, how is your diet? Changing my diet helped my skin A LOT.

My daughter had the same problem and it really knocked her confidence. She has now been taking Accumax for 3 months and her skin is now fantastic. She also changed her make up to jane iredale which is 100% mineral.
Diane x

Latest posts

Back