I have birds nesting in my wall...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g5m_sh

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you's are Bird Geeks!

When i moved into my house 2year ago, i got a load of work done, mainly in my bathroom. I moved my sink so it was central in the bathroom rather than in the corner. Anyway, when i moved the sink, i covered up the whole in the wall inside but not outside! I totally forgot about it till last year when we got our Sniff (my dog) and he kept crying and barking at the hole out side... anyway turns out we have birds nesting in wall, i have been waiting for them to go so i can block it up but they have been there ever since, they wont go! You can not hear them when you are on the loo.

I actually dont mind them been there (our sniff does) but i dont know if they are doing any damage or not!

Will they just be there forever now or will they move on? i dont want to block it up with some of them still in side!!!

Try the RSPB website they may be able to tell you.

So long as they are not pooping on your head as you walk past below I dont think I would worry. Though I have never heard of a bird nesting for a whole year before!

Me neither... thats why i have been waiting for them to go so i can block it up, i have had our sniff for over a year now and they have been there the whole time. The hole is quite low down (i live in a bungalow) so i wont have them poopin on my head!!

I will give them a call!

Thanks x

could be housemartins.

I used to be a chalet maid at Center parc in Holland years ago and there were Blue tits nesting in a little hole in the wall. They should be gone by the end of may.

I love having little visitors in my garden. Two blue tits turned up yesterday and started poking around the bird box:green: Hopefully they will nest.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back