I have found the fountain of youth!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
~I have no romantic feelings about age. Either you are interesting at any age or you are not. There is nothing particularly interesting about being old - or young, for that matter. ~ Katharine Hepburn.

There is a pro-age Dove campaign getting about at the moment.. and it got me thinking about Myself and the age i am now.. and i realised that regardless of age now.. i am still the same person i have always been.. that inside I have felt like a 12 year old girl since i was 8.. always on the verge of something wonderful but never quite realised it..

when i hit my teens i missed playing barbies..
when i hit my 20's i kept acting like a teenager..
my 30's i am just so glad i am not 20 any more that i havnt really embraced them.. i am more comfortable in my skin.. but im also aware of my faults..

but regardless of age i am still me.. inside i am still 12.. i may know more.. and have experianced shed loads.. but the little girl who loves playing dress up's.. air guitaring and dreamt of marrying a spunky musician (then ~ Jimi page now~ dave) is still alive and well.. and thankgod for that eh?

regardless of tools advertising companies use to peddle there wares.. and what the media throws at us .. keeping the inner age (the part of us that we ignore most of the time) keeping that alive well and nutured is what in the end will determine how we age..

so whats your inner age.. tell me about her/him.. and if you dont know.. find out.. because 12 year old Chels is alive and well.. and keeps 30 year old Chels from completely loosing the plot.. and now i have found her again.. Im setting her loose!
:green:

Wow, you are quite grown up !!

Hi, my name is Adele and I am 6, still got the 'interested in everything' feeling, I still say 'not fair' and am partial to the odd tantrum :green: I really don't ever seem to grow up in my head.

Sadly the outer casing shows quite a bit of wear and tear:lol::lol::lol:

I think I've stayed at about 14 ........... not a good age .... I've just replaced my daddy with my husband but still throw a paddy when he says no ....... the funny thing is when hubby says no I go and ask my dad !! ......... brat

I really have no idea what 'age' I am inside. :eek: Wow, this question has stopped me to think...

Looking back...not to get all depressing and blah.. but there was no such thing as childhood for me. Rather literally.
I was always old.. life dealt hard knocks early on...
I moved out on my own at 16.. my friends were always older than myself by at least 4yrs.
I never got on well with kids/teens my own age. We just didn't see life the same way or share the same interests. I was most often an ecclectic observer.
I never liked Barbie.
I preferred to read or walk in the woods with my dog to get away.
I used sports and dancing as an outlet.
I used writing to sort things out in my mind and as another outlet.
As a young teen, I was published in a local paper.

Watching my children, I seem to experience many things for the first time through them. Sometimes it makes me feel 'their' age. it's like WOW OMG!
Sometimes it's like coming alive for the first time, being born almost- when I see as they see.
And I'm as much in awe as they are. Or as equally amused.
Other times, it leaves me baffled, trying to make sense of their "fun" or their awe, and not really "getting it".:confused: Then I get frustrated because I don't understand.

Then, I look at my circle of friends. I have friends of all ages. And I'm like a chameleon, depending on my mood and whom I'm with; that decides who I am. If I feel old, then I'm old. If I feel young, then I'm young.
Kind of like my wardrobe depends on my mood.
Classic and simple one day, torn jeans and western boots another day, then who knows the next day?

But honestly, most days I feel old.
I dont know what age... but... definately old. I think I've felt that way for a very long time.

... looking back and reading what I wrote.. omg, I'm so weird LOL

:lol:

In my head I am 18 I refuse to conform to getting older and will wear the fashions, listen to the music and keep up to date with my kids trends etc

I had a fun childhood and was always the joker the prankster and a bit of a tomboy.
In my teens I was wild and a rebel without a cause lol
My 20's were a nightmare with my illness and I spent near on 10 years hardly leaving the house.
30's I enjoyed more and started to learn to live with illness and enjou life again.
40's well I love it I dont conform to what people expect of me lol yet again I tend to do what I like and I am back in my teens :)

I hated becoming a teenager - my body changed and my feelings changed - I wanted to stay a kid and would say Im immature for my age.

When I got to 30 I was relieved cos I felt 30 from the age of 27 when I got pregnant.

Im enjoying being 34 (only a few days left of it till Im 35) but I still feel like I havent done everything I want - I dont know why!!

Well, I'm 37 in real years, and around 17-19 in my head! I had kids at a young age (I was 19 when my eldest was born, he's 18 next week:eek:). I have to tell you, I'm much younger now than I was when my kids were toddlers, if that makes sense! I was early 20's, and doing the responsible parent thing. Now, I go to gigs, go to rock and roll weekenders where we drink and dance 'till 7am the next morning, and I now have a Mini, a 1970 VW Beetle (that's in bits in the garage while I restore him, yes, I do the grinding/welding:green:), and I have a 1973 VW camper, that me and my boyfriend go to VW events in!

Oh, at a rock and roll weekender in April this year, I got a little tiddly (underexageration there!) and came away with a tattoo on my foot! Apparently I'm banned from Gin and Tonic when we go again in a couple of weeks time:rolleyes:

OH, and it's 80's night every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month, where I relive my early teens, and get rather tiddly again:lol: (sound like a real drunkard, I'm not, I'm just doing it now rather than in my teens and 20's like I should have done)

(by the way, I only do any of this when my ex has the kids)

i reckon im 19 in my head cos that was the most fun time of my life. im now gonna be 29 in a few days time and for the past ten yrs i have yearned for the life i lead at 19. Independant, my own boss, fun loving. FINALLY i am about to embark on this life. Husband is history, and then my health problems that had left me feeling 99 instead of 29 have been sorted and i personally cannot wait to start yr 29 on this planet. Year 28 was crap, and im happy to see the back of it quite frankly. So yeah, happy 19th birthday to me next week i say!!!!

Yup in my head am 17 (thought I was fat then, now I really am). :(

i reckon im 19 in my head cos that was the most fun time of my life. im now gonna be 29 in a few days time and for the past ten yrs i have yearned for the life i lead at 19. Independant, my own boss, fun loving. FINALLY i am about to embark on this life. Husband is history, and then my health problems that had left me feeling 99 instead of 29 have been sorted and i personally cannot wait to start yr 29 on this planet. Year 28 was crap, and im happy to see the back of it quite frankly. So yeah, happy 19th birthday to me next week i say!!!!

Happy 19th birthday to you for next week, glad you got your health sorted, and have a wild time with no-one or nothing to drag you down. YEAH, GO GIRL:green::green::green:

awww thank you!!!! hehe 19 yr old me, here i come!!!

Latest posts

Back