I have noticed someone is missing ...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gailz Nailz

Reaction score
GEEG!!! Where is she??? i havent seen her post on here in awhile now. Has anyone talked to her lately?..I was wanting some info on those Fabric products she had tried out..or knew about. The one in the can. :? I hope everything is ok with her.

Shes on Holiday for 3 weeks. Shell be back soon.

Tooodles

Gail ... how nice of you to notice that I was missing :p

As the Geek said, I have been away for a few weeks. Lucky me. :sunny:

First I went to the Beauty, Nail and Hair show in Barcelona (Cosmobelleza)where I was asked to be part of the six-judge panel for the Nail competition. That was really interesting and Jo Carlisle was unanimously found the winner - thank goodness, as she is a close friend of mine ... :rolleyes: Her nails were beautiful. She was quite daring I think, in that she chose to go short (model length) on a model with beautiful L.O.N.G. nail beds - she sculpted using Creative Perfect Colours and Performance forms. This was only the 2nd competition to be held here in Spain, but the organization was good and the future looks exciting and we are looking forward to an even larger competition next year. :salute: :salute: We salute you Jo!!

Simon (husband) and I then drove from Barcelona along the Cote d'Azure to Tuscany where we met some of our family at Pisa (as in the 'leaning tower of') for a week of sun, wine and excellent food :pig: in various glorious settings such as Florence, Sienna and other towns along the Chianti trail!! :trashed:

Back to reality now. I have a lot to catch up on - reading wise - you all have been very BUSY.

Simon (husband) and I then drove from Barcelona along the Cote d'Azure to Tuscany where we met some of our family at Pisa (as in the 'leaning tower of') for a week of sun, wine and excellent food :pig: in various glorious settings such as Florence, Sienna and other towns along the Chianti trail!! :trashed:

Back to reality now. I have a lot to catch up on - reading wise - you all have been very BUSY.

You lucky, lucky thing *sigh* - oh well back to work & the English weather, although its not so bad today.

Do the nail competitions in other countries differ wildly rule-wise from ours here? I read the other day that in the Nailpro competitions you are allowed to pre-prep your model & when the hooter goes you go straight into product application.

Karen

Do the nail competitions in other countries differ wildly rule-wise from ours here?

There are differences but not wild ones!! Some competitions allow the use of oil while others do not. Some require enamel on a particular hand and others let the technician choose which hand she wants to polish. Sometimes there is floor judging and sometimes not. Things like these vary.

What does not change are the criteria for the nails. I liked the way it was scored in Barcelona. A maximum of 10 points per catagory which in my opinion made the scoring very simple. Each nail either scored a 1 (if the technician met the criterea) or 0 (Zilch) if he/she did not.

It didn't matter what style was chosen or what length as long as the consistency was there on each nail. The Overall look was judged last. Very fair I thought.

I have been on the jury of many many competitions and I enjoyed this one very much. There were a few hiccups as always, but it was a good experience. The other members of the jury were all respected and experienced people in the nail industry and NOT beauty editors and magazine editors and people like that who generally do not know what they are looking for and in my opinion should not be included on such a panel. I don't think it is fair to the competitors who work so hard to be judged by people who are not from the industry. :p

Hi Gailz
I noticed you wanted some info on Fabric. May be I can help you, I have worked with Fabric for a while now it's a great new wrap system. There are many differences between the traditional systems to Fabric. So ask away.

Di [/u][/quote]

Welcome Home Geeg!!...sounds like you have had alot of fun. I have alot of ?'s about that fabric you showed us all awhile back. But im just getting in from state board and im so stressed out right now to the point i can barely think. I passed! :D But i think i got a little too over excited. I was soooo nervous that i could barely hold anything. My judge? i think thats what you call them, walked by me during the testing and patted me on the shoulder and said real quietly, "my gosh girl RELAX!" LOL :shock: i was worried of failing because all of those people were doing things different than i was and plus they were all just getting out of school were i got out 6 yrs ago. So i kind of watched them as i did my exam and if they were doing something new that i didnt know about i just did it also LOL I was finishing up way to early before everyone else..so i slowed myself down a bit worrying if i was missing any steps! These judges were VERY STRICT today. Nothing like it was 5 yrs ago when i was tested. 6 people failed. Everyone was scared of their name being called because of how tough the judges were. They didnt call any names out all they said was if your social security # is called outloud you failed. WOW seem like it took forever for them to call them #'s out. Then she said if your # was not called you may stay seated and recieve your license before you leave and please wait to celebrate when you leave the room. I had tears right away!! :goal: I feel bad for the ones who didnt pass. Well im gonna stop rambling now..time for me to calm down LOL..good to see ya back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back