I have wax stuck on my face

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nawz

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm virgin to waxing and after seeing some YouTube videos, I tried to wax my face for beard reshape. I ordered hard wax beans and microwave them for a minute and did patch test on hand and it went smooth. I then tried on my checks besides nose and underneath my eyes. I was unable to peel that off this time since it was supposed to be pulled in one go against hair growth, staying close to skin. When tried slowly, few hair did came out with pain, leaving blood spots on cheeks, So I waited for my brother for help but by that time it became hard like plastic. Now its been almost a day and I'm stuck with this thing on my face and I have no clue how I can get rid of it.

Is there a way to fix this ?
Can I use hair dryer now to warm it up a bit and try peeling off as usual, or should I simply drop this idea completely and focus on getting this thing off in any other way ?

Thanks.

You should pull a corner up to get a grip and then pull it off fast, using your other hand to hold the skin tight.

It hurts more and doesn't work if you pull slowly.

You will need to apply aloe vera gel or similar to soothe the skin afterwards.

I would recommend having a professional do it in future. It can be very difficult to do it yourself and more painful.

Best of luck x

You should pull a corner up to get a grip and then pull it off fast, using your other hand to hold the skin tight.

It hurts more and doesn't work if you pull slowly.

You will need to apply aloe vera gel or similar to soothe the skin afterwards.

I would recommend having a professional do it in future. It can be very difficult to do it yourself and more painful.

Best of luck x
Thanks for quick reply .

So no need to warm it up first using hair dryer etc ?

You don’t need to heat it up with s hair dryer, with the beans you’ve ordered,when the wax is ready it will go hard.
I would also recommend have a professional do it in the future just for the safety of you

X

You don’t need to heat it up with s hair dryer, with the beans you’ve ordered,when the wax is ready it will go hard.
I would also recommend have a professional do it in the future just for the safety of you

X
I tried to peel it off from down to up - against the growth of hair follicles ( proper method ), but wax got stuck in some thick coarse hairs, however I made a little opening from top ( underneath my eyes ). Is it ok if I tear it off from top to bottom ( with the growth ) ?

Sorry if I'm asking too much :)

Latest posts

Back