I know what tips i'm going to be getting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you are right, use Velocity when there is no free edge. I would buy performance tips in white, that is just my preference.
Also, I don't see how it matters if you file a well wonky, as once you've applied the tip and blended, you shouldn't be able to see any of the contact area? (So in terms of aesthetics, doesn't really matter if you use full or half well, but it does make a huge difference to the strength. I have never used a full well on anybody, I always tailor the well to suit my client's nail bed.
Posted via Mobile Device

So Velocity = Nail biter (blending required)?

Performance = A non nail biter with a little free edge (No blending required)?

So Velocity = Nail biter (blending required)?

Performance = A non nail biter with a little free edge (No blending required)?

Yes, although you can use velocity on a non biter as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, although you can use velocity on a non biter as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm sorry to be a pain, but in what situation would you use a Velocity rather than a Performance on a non-nail biter?

x

I'm sorry to be a pain, but in what situation would you use a Velocity rather than a Performance on a non-nail biter?

x

You would use Velocity on the healthy nails with deep C curve and NO extention edge (no natural free edge) Velocity also features dramatic lower arch.

you would use Perfomance on nails with deep C curve and a slight extention edge. Perfomance features natural lower arch.

Velocity requires little blending, Perfomance requires none.

Perfomance does not come in clear. Velocity does.

I would not use Velocity on severe nail biters, as it does not provide enough coverage. Formation tips are designed for damaged nails that require enhanced coverage.

Hope this helps):D

You would use Velocity on the healthy nails with deep C curve and NO extention edge (no natural free edge) Velocity also features dramatic lower arch.

you would use Perfomance on nails with deep C curve and a slight extention edge. Perfomance features natural lower arch.

Velocity requires little blending, Perfomance requires none.

Perfomance does not come in clear. Velocity does.

I would not use Velocity on severe nail biters, as it does not provide enough coverage. Formation tips are designed for damaged nails that require enhanced coverage.

Hope this helps):D

Hi there,

Now this is why I keep getting confused because I keep being told conflicting information. In an earlier thread I was told that you can use a well less tip on nail biter because the strength is not in the tip, it's in the silk etc :confused:

Hi there,

Now this is why I keep getting confused because I keep being told conflicting information. In an earlier thread I was told that you can use a well less tip on nail biter because the strength is not in the tip, it's in the silk etc :confused:

Yes the strength of the finished enhancement is in the properly placed apex, adequate application and proper prep. But if the tip has been applied incorrectly the enhancement would not last. Well less tips are sitting on top the natural nail free edge, hence well less tip require slight extention edge so it's properly adhered. If the bitten nail is a bit curved there would be a space between the nail and the tip where water and bacteria would do their nasty business. That's why a nail with no extention edge would benefit from a tip with a well. The edge of the nail will be intact with the tip underneath. So if you look under the tip once the naturAl nail has grown out a lttle, you will see the tip and natural nail are on the same level. Well bonded together.

I am not very good in explaining at times. But I hope this makes sense. ;)

Hi there,

Doll, I would also like to add - once u have attended the CND training all your confusion will dismiss at once) as it will be properly explained to you from the proper source what tips to use with which type of nails and the rest that you should know along with it. It will come with practice, lots of practice, different types of nails, etc. None of us got it right immediately. Trial and error at the start is beneficial.

Hugs x

Doll, I would also like to add - once u have attended the CND training all your confusion will dismiss at once) as it will be properly explained to you from the proper source what tips to use with which type of nails and the rest that you should know along with it. It will come with practice, lots of practice, different types of nails, etc. None of us got it right immediately. Trial and error at the start is beneficial.

Hugs x

I agree, it will all fall into place. I used to use CND Velocity practically all the time really and then switched to almost 100% Performance (In natural and white)..........but then I'd been CND trained about all of the tips and their uses.

At first I was bewildered, but it soon made sense.

By the way, the cheap tips????? forget it, use them to practise application or nail art on..........they are not worth the bother - HTH

hiya hunni , i have some volocity clear tips , but i prefer nsi elation nice and easy to blend also i got some from essential nails for trainning 360 for under £6.00 and they are really easy to blend !!!

:) hows your finger is it still sore ???

Awww bless you girls,

Thank you for being patient with me. I think this is the problem atm, not being CND trained. As soon as my college course (silk) finishes at the end of June, I am definitely booking onto a L&P CND course. Having two looooonnnnngggg weeks off college (due to Easter) hasn't helped either. I think I am the only pupil who hates have coffee breaks or holidays, lol. When i'm doing something, I like to just get on with it until it's finished, hehehe.

My fingers aren't sore anymore, but very very thin :o and a creamy/white colour. I just keep soaking them in Solar Oil and filing them down very short.

Have any of you got any pictures of any nails created using Performance and Velocity I could have a look at please?

xx

hi i have a nail i did on the nail trainer i can send it to you !!

Latest posts

Back