"I like what I use"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nonacrylicgel said:
Well I think its about time nonacrylic got put away in his box.

I wanted to see if the site was populated by the same people making all the posts and I got my answer. The same people who like to intimidate with the closed shop feel.

Thank-you to those that discussed and argued sensibly, to the others you are what I expected. To those that feel intimidated by the other people's posts on this site you may email [email protected] where you will get open, honest advice but I will openly declare that it will be biased to what I know is best!

As to the "non-prodcut" related site.....yeah! But I can see some who are genuinely helped by this site and others who are being blinkered. Don't know why you don't just be honest and name CND as the effective sponsor...

Please ban and ignore me to death....nonacrylic only had a short lifecycle.

So I leap into my box where there will be some nice fresh non- L & P polluted - air.
hope someone puts an airmail sticker on that box and posts you as far away as possible:rolleyes: :biggrin:

undefined

Somebody get a hammer and Nails quick :)

I dont have a hammer or nails but i can spare the bolt in my neck. I hope we can now put this tread to bed as its giving me a spliting headache

yell now have a separate index but that's not really important is it - most clients would know where to go

nonacrylicgel said:
Don't know why you don't just be honest and name CND as the effective sponsor...
because honestly CND have NEVER given Samuel Sweet a penny towards this site... maybe it is the first time you have come across someone in the industry who does something for the love of it and NOT for ulterior motives... I know you have gone back to your box but I assume you will be still be checking the site!!:)

As everyone else has said - let's finish this once and for all!!!:green:

Aargh....you just couldn't leave it could you!

Perhaps you could explain to these good but unknowing people how many creative shares you own....oops! and the other main geeks, oh and where and how do they earn their living....any correlation to sales of creative products.....nah it must just be me. I'm the naive one!

Please don't play games...come out! Its refreshing you know!

Mrs Geek said:
because honestly CND have NEVER given Samuel Sweet a penny towards this site... maybe it is the first time you have come across someone in the industry who does something for the love of it and NOT for ulterior motives... I know you have gone back to your box but I assume you will be still be checking the site!!:)

As everyone else has said - let's finish this once and for all!!!:green:

nonacrylicgel said:

Perhaps you could explain to these good but unknowing people how many creative shares you own....oops! and the other main geeks, oh and where and how do they earn their living....any correlation to sales of creative products.....nah it must just be me. I'm the naive one!

Look i cant understand why you want to bad mouth this company so much :rolleyes:
This site is for all nail companies not just Creative, I have had a great deal of help on here from ez-flow , K-SA -RA and all the nail mags, Are you saying all these people have shares in Creative :| Get real.

Can I just say that I have read most the posts on this thread and find it very disturbing and upsetting that another tech can come on here and question the way people work especially all us mobile and home based techs!!

May I add that I am a mobile nail tech (also work from home)and have been for a year it goes really well and have had great feedback from my clients - it certainly pays my mortgage!!!!

As for "product related site" I personally have had fantastic advice from people on this site who don't necessarily use CND products. I may be Creative trained but it was only there friendliness and professionalism that got me to sign up for the course - and dont get me wrong i telephoned a number for people first!

I do find it very upsetting that a member of this site could come on here and really wind people up - everyone is entitled to "freedom of speech" but there is certainly a way on how you put it across - a sarcastic and nasty way is not the way to go.

Sorry but really had to say something

Di

p.s i think this is a great site and there are 1823 (give 1 or 2) who I think,think this site is great not only for information but to build friendships with other techs who share their love for what they do

nonacrylicgel said:
Perhaps you could explain to these good but unknowing people how many creative shares you own....oops! and the other main geeks, oh and where and how do they earn their living....any correlation to sales of creative products.....nah it must just be me. I'm the naive one! Please don't play games...come out! Its refreshing you know!
I can't let something go that I know to be untrue and fabricated!!! I own absolutely no shares at all in CND - niether do any of the other 'main geeks'??? Where do you get your info from???? It would be awsome to own CND period but I don't think Carlos would see it that way...oops - sorry you know best... apparently:rolleyes:

Whose bad mouthing.....I only respond to things that people have said....

I just get irked with the holier than thou stuff when its directed at me. You may like it, even need or aspire to it, me I get enough of it. Subliminal marketing is a classic ploy, enjoy.

Maybe I just see things for what they are.....closes the lid.... don't reply and the lid will stay shut forever!

lesley1965 said:
Look i cant understand why you want to bad mouth this company so much :rolleyes:
This site is for all nail companies not just Creative, I have had a great deal of help on here from ez-flow , K-SA -RA and all the nail mags, Are you saying all these people have shares in Creative :| Get real.

nonacrylicgel said:

you r off your head - you sad pathetic loser :

Oh a play on words...I am sorry I forgot you trade as Designer nails Ltd the distributors of creative nails in the UK, silly me...

care to deny....

That raises a question why not trade as your brand name.....

Mrs Geek said:
I can't let something go that I know to be untrue and fabricated!!! I own absolutely no shares at all in CND - niether do any of the other 'main geeks'??? Where do you get your info from???? It would be awsome to own CND period but I don't think Carlos would see it that way...oops - sorry you know best... apparently:rolleyes:

Beachneck and I are here wetting our pants over this 'informative and constructive' thread.

As you seem to dislike private messages, I assumed you would want me to post this here:

I only private messaged you so that you could save face, I wasn’t aware you wanted it posted publicly. I should have known you enjoyed public humiliation just by your posts.

I have only been on long enough to check what’s happening and I am about to jet off again (I am working). All I have to say is that you need to take a step back and get a new perspective as the one you have now is equivalent to writing 'kick me' on your head in lipstick.

I have no problem saying that my wife owns some shares in Designer Nails. Woohoo. I don’t.
So you may say I benefit by spending countless hours creating a Mecca for nail techs in an attempt to brainwash them into buying product that would benefit my wife.
The fact of the matter is that if that were my motive, then I would be failing miserably.
Why? All the time and money spent building and posting on this site would be better spent using other methods.

My motivation has always been to provide an online community for nail technicians to learn, share, and grow. If you feel that my motives are not so pure... whelp, nada I can do about that so I don’t think I will lose a great deal of sleep over it.

It is odd that you think that this is such a product driven site with sinister motives as virtually every single person has the same capabilities on this site as you or I do. Sure I am the Grand Master Geek and therefore I can practice some admin functions... but as you are reading this you can see how often I use those ;)
If suddenly BrandX were to come on and start helping users you would suddenly claim that it was a brand X site?

I am now late so I must jet off. Ill pop in when I have some time.

All members, don’t worry about NAG, there is little more anyone can do to him that he hasn’t done himself. Personally I think he’s just trying to get banned so that he can say that I banned him.

To NAG, all I can say is stop being so freaking angry and go get a life.

Toodles all.

All I have to say is that you need to take a step back and get a new perspective as the one you have now is equivalent to writing 'kick me' on your head in lipstick. To NAG, all I can say is stop being so freaking angry and go get a life. Toodles all.
:right: couldn't have said it better myself !! NAG and you have the cheek to down tread home bases technicians!! I am a proffessional regardless of my work surroundings.
Would you call your attitude proffesional? what are you trying to prove? I have a feeling that things will go down hill from here for you!! :|

Hi there,
I have just had a little read through these posts and as I am a weird type of chick any way I thought I would put my bit on to say that I think I can sort of understand what this chap is saying about home business however he has not placed it in the correct way on here really, well in my opinion anyway.

Ok yes I can understand what you are saying, about for example big brands like channel etc not selling from home, and that home is generally a starting point for one to grow on and then expand into bigger and better things, however with out liking to offend or course any upset may I point out that you have also tried to get the point across that people on here are very biased and into just one way of thinking being (creative) or at least this is the impression I am getting that you are trying to get across, although you yourself are actually guilty of this too, as you are only seeing one side of working from home.

Working from home is a starting point in your eyes, you are in the opinion that this is the same, period, as you say solicitors, estate agents etc do not work from home, but have you stopped to think that there are many many businesses that actually work from home because there is a massive demand for it? Child minders, they work from home because this suits many people, far more so than sending there children to the as you would have said more pro places like play schools and alike. May I also open your ideas up to the fact that not all people are confident enough to attend a salon or high street pro place as you would call them.

I complied a questionnaire prior to setting up my home based business and asked many people which they would prefer to go to a high street salon or to go to a private location i.e. a home based salon, surprisingly enough the amount of people that ticked high street salon was so very low that it instantly made my mind up. I myself do not like to go to high street salons, I like comfort, privacy and one to one care, and I know not all are the same but I think you would be surprised at just how many people are more prone to wanting to go the home based route.

As for who has shares in what does it really matter? not really hey, at the end of the day most peeps come here because its friendly and some where for us all to go where we have something in common, the love of nails, not really about brands, and by the way I am not creative trained. I think that we can obtain the advice we want and have no fear that others will laugh at us or be unkind, this is so comforting.

I do not like the idea of being unkind to anyone and even though I can understand why so many on here have got frustrated with your comments I feel that your opinion should be respected no matter whether it is mad or great, however perhaps you could find a different way of expressing it so that others can understand your points and views better with out feeling offended. An open mind, kindness, empathy and the willingness to understand things form others point of views also, gets us so much further in life, we can become nicer people and learn so much from others if we allow a little give and take, well this is what I think, may be you will not agree.

I hope that you will understand the points I am trying to make and not be offended, nor feel that I am attacking.
Best wishes
Grace

Dear Grace,

Thank-you for taking the time to read and comprehend what I am getting at. I accept that my manner is sometimes unintentionally percieved as confrontational. Lack of a good English teacher at school I say, others say lack of a good Doctor.....

I certainly take your points on board and will mull awhile...

:|

hiya i have only just seen all this ,its all a bit weird what your point is ,i used to be a hairdresser and used certain products for years because i found the one i and my clients liked ,not to say i would never try anything else,now i do nails and beauty and it is the same yeah i trained with creative because they came highly recommended,,and i can say the training is brill they really look after the people they train,(but i would think any company does ) now what is so wrong with that,i am perfectly happy with the help,advice &products and i know that if i have a problem they will help me sort it out,that to me is worth a hell of a lot ,so what is the problem? i dont think it is up to you or anyone else to tell people what they should be thinking, (live and let live) ,for gods sake life is too short to get this worked up ,(also whats the problem with people having shares ,good luck to em i say) i would really try chill coz you are gonna make yourself ill!, (sorry if i have spoke out of turn)

This site is meant to be a constructive forum for the development of skill and knowledge base among nail teks. The increasing number of posts nit picking and splitting hairs, quite clearly aimed at unndermining a particular product range and marketing another is becoming tiresome and in my opinion distracting me from what I come on this site for... constructive and supportive discussion.

The reason people appear to you to be emotionally attached to a "particular product" is because you are blatantly criticising and undermining both that product and many nail teks alike ("I see home use as merely the "incubation" stage for tech's to move into commerciality and into the high street.......
To eventually be completely replaced by a good commerical course at a local college"). PLEASE !

I've just trawled through the majority of the posts on this thread.

I am not actually a nail tech at all - so i don't truly "fit" on this site. I have found it to be interesting and informative, with a number of people prepared to give advice and help. Now, first, let me say - i have absolutely nothing invested in creative - i don't use their products and haven't in the past. I don't know if they are good or not. Obviously, they come highly recommended on this site. So highly recommended in fact, that i have wondered if this site is a tad biased towards it. I intend to have a good look at them at the trade fair and see if they live up to the high praise they regularly receive here. This is not intended as a criticism, i honestly do not know.

I must say, it's a bit of a mystery what nonacrylicgel is trying to achieve here, on the one hand he seems to be saying that he doesn't have a high opinion of creative, whilst apparently being some sort of representative of another company. This doesn't sound particularly "unbiased" to me. He then shoots himself in the foot by being (at the bare minimum) utterly tactless. How on earth can he expect anyone to respect him, his opinion and his company if he has such poor communication skills?
I have felt as though the weight of opinion is always towards creative (which may well be because they are very good). Some of the points that nag makes seem worth looking at, to me, but he seems to make them in the most offensive way possible, thus halting any attempt at a sensible discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back