I love Salon Geek BUT...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hollie, perhaps you could fill out your profile a little more fully so as to give us an idea about the systems you use and the year you started in the industry?
Also, and no doubt this will sound "bitchy", but if one uses txt spk in one's posts one does oneself no favours at all.

Hollie, perhaps you could fill out your profile a little more fully so as to give us an idea about the systems you use and the year you started in the industry?
Also, and no doubt this will sound "bitchy", but if one uses txt spk in one's posts one does oneself no favours at all.

I haven't used text speak as far as I can see? I'm unable to fill out my profile at the moment as I use the application on a phone and can't seem to find out how to change it. X

Sometimes when things are written they can seem very harsh. If you were face to face with the same person they might seem very nice when they said exactly the same thing. I can only speak for myself but I have learned so much from this site, and can only say thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to answer my questions x

If you use Safari you will have access to the whole site and can fill out your profile.

When you joined Salon Geek you would have been asked to do this.

This may sound bitchy and believe me, I am not a bitch, but I don't not like this thread one little bit. I think it's very negative and only leaves bad feeling.

Can I also point out to the OP that you should have a look at rule number 5 when you get the chance. ;)

This site is a Godsend and it saddens me that so many just don't seem to appreciate it... you are getting free advice from some of the best professionals in the business.. where else would you get that?

If you want people to agree with you all of the time and tell you how great you are, then Salon Geek is certainly not the forum for you...

Please stick around for a while and believe me, you'll get used to geeks and get to know their personalities... we are all different and have different ways of responding to posts, but in time, you will soon see, that these geeks have your best interest at heart and are giving up their free time because they are all very caring people and care very much about their industry.

Just imagine this..........(i am not a salon owner)

You are sitting at the reception desk of your busy salon having a coffee break, you've had a busy morning so far - three very happy clients have left looking wonderful, the rest of your staff are busy, the place is humming with activity.
the door opens and in walks a hairdresser and says excuse me but could you tell me what colour I should use on this client (shows photo) because obviously I want to do it well to help my income and increase my clientele.........obviously you are likely to say, what? i'm trying to run a successful business myself why would I help you?.......

don't you get it people? take advice and store it, it can only help you, leave your attitude at the door when you come on here asking for help.

again I would like to say a BIG thankyou to all the experts (persianista, jojo1980, kimi, bluerinse,magentahair etc. etc. to name only a few) who give their time and advise freely, please don't stop:Love:

Last edited:
Its very sad that there are a few geeks ( the minority thank goodness) that consider being direct and honest as being bitchy. I have been accused of this myself, and its hurtful. I give up my spare time to try and help a few fellow geeks, and also get some advice myself, and because I am incapable of "bull", my answers are often taken out of context.
There are some brilliant minds on here who are afraid of posting now, because the advice given is thrown back in their face.
If we cant say what we think, whats the point?
Thankfully, there are also some amazing geeks, who I can see are destined to be amazing professionals because they LISTEN to the advice given. Therefore, I will keep posting!
If answers seem bitchy, look at what the poster saying! If its not what you want to hear, Im sorry but I dont believe that real education comes from simply appeasing people.
I myself am exremely grateful for the advice I have recieved on here. Be it Blunt or fluffy!
xxxxx

I love this site and all the amazing FREE advice i get. I am mobile and even though i have over 25 yrs experience (lol feel old saying that) i learn something everyday from these wonderful geeks who give their time to us.
I think we have to look past reading into stuff and read the advice and ask ourselves does this help the question been asked and leave it to that!

This may sound bitchy and believe me, I am not a bitch, but I don't not like this thread one little bit. I think it's very negative and only leaves bad feeling.

Completely agree, it's not a productive thread at all.

You can take or leave the replies given to your posts, if you don't like what you read ignore it, if you do like it then take the advice and use it wisely and also be thankful that someone has taken time out of their busy life to advise you.

If that sounds 'bitchy' I apologise but I am very grateful to anyone who takes time to share their knowledge on here no matter how brief or blunt the reply. x

Well for goodness' sake.

I've just read through the whole thread over a cup of tea and find myself thinking, what was all that about?

I've been on Salon Geek for years and quite honestly don't know what people are whinging about - bitchy comments? Rude? Condescending? Where please?

The trouble is, people come on here for free help from experienced geeks (who if we all lived closer to each other would be considered STRONG COMPETITION) and in all their newly qualified wisdom, cannot take a bit of helpful criticism and are so full of their own self-importance that they take each and every comment that even slightly disagrees with what THEY have said as bitchiness.

If you only want to hear that you're in the right, don't bother posting.

Anyone for a cup yet lol x

Anyone for a cup yet lol x

Lol milk and 1 sugar please :)

Guys as its been said many times SG is a community and we get back what we put in.
Negative threads like these breed negativity and discontent, they are not helpful.
I for one am extremely grateful for the advice, both professional and personal, that I have received in this site and can't explain what a Godsend it's been at times.
To all the newbies, give it a chance to get to know personalities and remember that a lot of posts that you may perceive as bitchy are down to your own interpretation.

At the end of the day not everyone is going to agree all of the time, but you will not find another forum like this. x

I joined Salon Geek last year when i started college, ive only recently began commenting on threads as i spent 6 months addicted to the search facility!

This site has taught me so much. When searching for info to help with my studies i often came across threads that had been answered very bluntly but im not surprised, there were literally hundreds of threads asking ' why have i got lifting issues? ' - i didnt need to ask the question myself, i read through what was already there. For geeks who have been here for years it must be frustrating to see people asking the same question they answered yesterday.

Ive read hundreds of nail threads and ive never seen any bitching on a personal level, i have seen lots of heated discussions and many different opinions but surely thats a good thing?

I appreciate everything salon geek members have done for me over the past year :) hopefully one day ill be able and experienced enough to give something back.

Sent from my GT-S5360

I think it's probably time to close this thread now.

I think it's probably time to close this thread now.

I agree - The end. Its a shame the OP didn't come back on and agree with all the sense we've been writing, seem to get that a lot lately as well, someone starts a contentious thread then seems to sit back and watch it all break loose! :rolleyes:

Like I said, we're a sisterhood. It became very apparent in this thread.

My personal opinion regarding this thread is; it became VERY positive! I love Salongeek! :Love:

My personal opinion regarding this thread is; it became VERY positive! I love Salongeek! :Love:

And this, my dears, is the TRUE nature of Salon Geek.

Professionals supporting professionals.

And the congregation says...Amen.

I think that is a good note to end it on.

I am a bit disappointed that the OP didnt feel the need to revisit her thread and make any comment.

With Salon Geek, you get out what you put in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back