I Love Vinylux!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiegees

Reaction score
I had to write this. I love using Vinylux so much. I am concentrating on using Vinylux as a service right now and have found something I feel confident in doing, its quick and its lasting forever on nails! I have people 9 days on with still perfect nails!

Its been a mixture of clients and practice friends, but now I am going to really push it to customers.

The feedback I have had from people is that they love the colours, the shine, how long it lasts and also being able to take it off themselves with normal polish remover.

I really like the fact that it is a quick service to do, and also the brush is shaped so well that it creates the 'curve' so easily - it makes polishing nails so much easier! Also when doing the first coat, if you do make a big error you can wipe off and start again with that nail.

How is everyone else getting on with it?

x

I had to write this. I love using Vinylux so much. I am concentrating on using Vinylux as a service right now and have found something I feel confident in doing, its quick and its lasting forever on nails! I have people 9 days on with still perfect nails!

Its been a mixture of clients and practice friends, but now I am going to really push it to customers.

The feedback I have had from people is that they love the colours, the shine, how long it lasts and also being able to take it off themselves with normal polish remover.

I really like the fact that it is a quick service to do, and also the brush is shaped so well that it creates the 'curve' so easily - it makes polishing nails so much easier! Also when doing the first coat, if you do make a big error you can wipe off and start again with that nail.

How is everyone else getting on with it?

x
Absolutely adore VINYLUX ! So many different ways to use it and love being able to be truly prescriptive with clients .... I feel I have the right options for everyone. I'm a BL Smoothing gel and VINYLUX. Girl now.

And although no one has mentioned it, 'Married to the Mauve' is my favourite colour; a classy arty shade that you must try to appreciate.

I wanted to start a thread like this.

Love, love, love it!

Ive got married to mauve with grapefruit sparkle over top on my toes and it looks fab :)

I,m loving it too, normally my sister cannot keep polish on unchipped for more than 12 hours. I painted her nails on Wednesday and just seen them today (4 days later) and she only has one tiny chip.
Out of 6 clients feedback so far only one didn't like it, the rest lasted longer than any manicure they had had before.
I love the colours too, but would really like a peachy colour, any one got any ideas how I could layer to achieve one?
Diane x

My SIL is staying with us from Australia. She has lovely natural nails but is a lass who works in her garden and who is a great cook so uses her hands hard and has never worn polish for 30 years!!

I applied VINYLUX to her nails 5 days ago before we set off for France and they are still perfect. We have been cooking 'for the boys' every day and chopping and preparing veg etc plus having to wash up our pots pans and dishes and our VINYLUX. Nails are still going strong. Well impressed.

The shine is so awesome that one of my friends thought it was gel polish. She was astonished when I told her it wasn't.

The dry time is brilliant; I put it on before bed one night and was able to sleep minutes later.

It actually lasts on MY nails. Traditional polish doesn't even last a day on me, no matter how well I prep. I've had my asphalt vinylux on since Monday :D

I have a quick question as Iove vinylux too but want to know whether you can do a file and polish or whether you have to do a full mani with cuticle removal to get the most out of the wear it offers? Some of my clients won't want to pay for a full manicure every week so was hoping to offer a mani every other week and a file and polish in between....thanks xx

I love it too!

But whilst at the show today I had a demo of a Kooky nail wrap. I was telling the guy who was doing the demo about Vinylux, his reply was *he laughed* and said it was a ripp off!
Well i said "I loved it, and that is what matters and I thought Vinylux is great"

Whilst he was telling me this he started to prepare my nail plate by filing it with a rough file which felt like a cheese grater!! :Scared:
I didn't have time to pull my finger away i was so shocked. Then on went the Kooky nail wrap but the wrap started receding away from the free edge and started lifting up after about an hour.

Just glad i didn't buy any after all.

Gigi-do you know if we'll get vinylux in Canada?

I applied hot pop pink VINYLUX to a client especially for a night out and she said everyone who was out with her asked if she was wearing shellac!! She was really impressed with the shine!

I absolutely love it, no idea how he could possibly say it is a rip off, it's better value than the two brands of polish I stock.

Amazing shine and I painted my toes, ten mins later out with wellies on, not a mark on it :D

I love it too. I've always been nervous of nail varnish (shellac has spoilt me!) but not any more. It looks beautiful and is lovely to use. I've used vinylux more in the last 3 weeks than I've used my old nail polish in the last 2 years.

I'm another fan. I was going out last but was working late so didn't have time to re shellac my nails. Literally, as we were leaving the house I used vinylux wildfire. Walked to the restaurant and they were dry. So many comments on my nails - I LOVE it!!

Gigi-do you know if we'll get vinylux in Canada?

I'm obviously not Gigi but we have it. :) I get mine from Intercosmetics as I am in Ontario, but you could make an account and have it shipped (I'm sure you'd have to fax or email them a copy of your diploma or license, but I don't imagine it would take too long to be approved). I googled for other CND distributors in Canada and Europe Cosmetics in Burnaby also appears to have Vinylux, might be more convenient for you!

I hope that is somewhat helpful! Forgot to add that it seems to be trickling in slowly - I have only been able to get certain colors (only Shellac matched shades so far!) but the rest are coming!

Last edited:
I'm obviously not Gigi but we have it. :) I get mine from Intercosmetics as I am in Ontario, but you could make an account and have it shipped (I'm sure you'd have to fax or email them a copy of your diploma or license, but I don't imagine it would take too long to be approved). I googled for other CND distributors in Canada and Europe Cosmetics in Burnaby also appears to have Vinylux, might be more convenient for you!

I hope that is somewhat helpful! Forgot to add that it seems to be trickling in slowly - I have only been able to get certain colors (only Shellac matched shades so far!) but the rest are coming!

Thanks a lot!

I'd like to know if the no base coat claim really works.... I see some really strong colours there and I am not sure.....:confused:

I am LOVING Vinylux. I went to the launch a few weeks ago at the Australian Nail Academy in Perth - bought a few and i'm hooked. I've just learnt Konad art, and i've been using Vinylux for the stamping. Was a bit tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, it's brilliant. I definitely need to buy more shades!:D

Love Vinylux it is amazing! Had a lady come back after 16 days with it still on her fingers it needed removing had a bit of wear but she was seriously impressed and so was I, I have to say it took a while to remove as it had been on for a while I am wondering if this will be the same for toes but there was no staining of the nail plate at all to me it didn't seem to dissolve like normal polish at all, I love it and all my clients so far love it too!

I'd like to know if the no base coat claim really works.... I see some really strong colours there and I am not sure.....:confused:

Yes it works. CND wouldn't make claims that didn't work. It's all in the chemistry. You need no base coat because the adhesion promoters in the polish lay a barrier between the colour and the nail plate, effectively making a base coat all by itself without having to do it yourself. If you use a base coat the VINYLUX will actually ave a shorter life.

Base coat is used to promote good adhesion. The adhesion promoters in VINYLUX work much better than traditional base coat. Quicker application time and longer lasting and faster drying polish. :)

Latest posts

Back