I Love Vinylux!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried a couple of Vinylux colours so far and the drying time is incredible. My only negative is when I have used Romantique, its is really streaky, no matter how I try to apply it. I have used it on different clients and its always the same. Anybody else had the same problem, or am I doing something wrong? Using all the right products.

I get streaks with romantique too, both in shellac and vinylux. it must be a case of practice practice practice....

I am really impressed with it, im hard on my hands, but at the moment im sporting limeade in vinylux day 6 and i was at a friends the weekend helping decorate i painted 3 rooms not a chip or free edge damage its fab stuff i love !:D

I have tried a couple of Vinylux colours so far and the drying time is incredible. My only negative is when I have used Romantique, its is really streaky, no matter how I try to apply it. I have used it on different clients and its always the same. Anybody else had the same problem, or am I doing something wrong? Using all the right products.

Yes I think its do with practice and getting the correct amount of polish on the brush. When this happens to me I just do 3 coats and it solves it no problem.

x

I've got Shellac - and love it but a lot of my clients still want the luxury of a full manicure and 'traditional varnish' they can take off at home. So Vinylux seems to answer that.

So CAN I do my trad manicure (file, soak, cuticle, massage THEN varnish etc) with Vinylux? Is that the application method (before I go and buy it in!)

Thanks.

I've got Shellac - and love it but a lot of my clients still want the luxury of a full manicure and 'traditional varnish' they can take off at home. So Vinylux seems to answer that.

So CAN I do my trad manicure (file, soak, cuticle, massage THEN varnish etc) with Vinylux? Is that the application method (before I go and buy it in!)

Thanks.

Yes. Carry out your manicure as you would normally, it is still a nail polish.

I get streaks with romantique too, both in shellac and vinylux. it must be a case of practice practice practice....
Streaks have everything to do with 'touch' and floating the polish on plus the right amount.

A quick question - how long are you leaving in between coats?

you don't need to leave anytime, but the time you've the tenth nail painted the first one will be dry and ready for the second coat :)

you don't need to leave anytime, but the time you've the tenth nail painted the first one will be dry and ready for the second coat :)

I thought this. I found with tropix that the colour dragged a little near the cuticles on the second coat but its obviously my technique!! PRACTICE PRACTICE! :D

Absolutely adore VINYLUX ! So many different ways to use it and love being able to be truly prescriptive with clients .... I feel I have the right options for everyone. I'm a BL Smoothing gel and VINYLUX. Girl now.

And although no one has mentioned it, 'Married to the Mauve' is my favourite colour; a classy arty shade that you must try to appreciate.
my favourite too :)

Mm

I thought this. I found with tropix that the colour dragged a little near the cuticles on the second coat but its obviously my technique!! PRACTICE PRACTICE! :D

Use more on your brush and work quickly. Speed and accuracy is important with All polish. My instructions re polishing with VINYLUX are in another thread ... If anyone would like to point yo in the right direction. Im on holiday ATM and not on the Internet for lengthy periods of time so I can't re-write it.

I love it too!

But whilst at the show today I had a demo of a Kooky nail wrap. I was telling the guy who was doing the demo about Vinylux, his reply was *he laughed* and said it was a ripp off!
Well i said "I loved it, and that is what matters and I thought Vinylux is great"

Whilst he was telling me this he started to prepare my nail plate by filing it with a rough file which felt like a cheese grater!! :Scared:
I didn't have time to pull my finger away i was so shocked. Then on went the Kooky nail wrap but the wrap started receding away from the free edge and started lifting up after about an hour.

Just glad i didn't buy any after all.
bless Michael. That's simply called 'competitive envy'... if any of our team spoke like that about a competitive brand I would be embarrassed and unhappy. Surprised the company he works for condones it... Oh wait a second... No I'm not :D

These are Geeg's instructions regarding polishing from the other thread;

The skills associated with polishing to achieve a professional finish are four fold.

1. Amount ... The amount of polish on your brush should be enough to cover the surface of the nail in one thin coat coat so that you do not have to re-dip into the polish. Adding polish to a partially covered nail will make the surface uneven and drag the colour.

2. Touch ... Should be light as a feather with a parallel brush ( the brush should never bend where the hair meets the shaft of the brush, when polishing. If your brush bends, it is a show that your pressure is way to heavy and that you need to lighten your touch.

3. Accuracy ... Your colour coat needs to be applied leaving just the merest hairs breadth of a free margin surrounding the nail plate; almost up to but never touching the skin. Leaving a tiny free margin makes the illusion of sleek perfect nails.

4. Speed ... ( particularly with a super fast drying polish like VINYLUX) the Second coat and top coat should be applied quickly and with as few strokes as possible, just inside the perfect perimeter lines you have created with your first colour coat. It is essential to apply these coats as quickly as you can so that the polish doesn't 'melt' or soften the polish underneath and drag it.

It is easy to be super quick with the second colour coat and top coat because you don't have to create the perfect edges; that is the job of the first colour coat. All you need to do is apply quickly down the nail and just avoiding the edges.

Have fun with VINYLUX !! It is a joy

I'm new to shellac and starting to use vinylux, I've tried it on a couple of clients and love it goes on lovely , drys quickly and the colours are really rich. I've now booked myself on to shellac brings them back next week can't wait :)

Have any of you had a Launch Day for Vinylux?
Here are a couple of photos of a Vinylux launch held a few days ago at Positive Touch Salon.

They had a brilliant day, sold stacks of Vinylux polish and booked in upwards of 25 appointments over the next couple of weeks. And all for the cost of a few AWESOME T-shirts, loads of enthusiasm from the team and an amazing product.
This is the way to do things even if you are a 'one man band'. :)

picture.php

picture.php

Ohhh brilliant idea with the t-shirt printing, I work from my home salon so its obviously difficult to promote it in this way not having a shop front, but i'm hiring a stall at an upcoming charity event of which I do 2 or 3 a year, I was going to take all my Vinylux stock and offer a free prep & paint to anyone that purchases two or more colours + top coat, I might have to look into getting some t-shirts printed.

Thanks for sharing x

They had a brilliant day, sold stacks of Vinylux polish and booked in upwards of 25 appointments over the next couple of weeks.

This is the way to do things even if you are a 'one man band'. :)

/QUOTE]

"Book a free file & polish today when you buy Vinylux weekly polish"

No wonder they have 25+ appts - no one is paying!

Buying a £10 polish would not make me do anything for free.

I'm happy to give advice on retail purchases - but I have to wonder whether someone has done the maths of wasting an employee & seat in the salon treating all these people at no cost.

It sounds like extremely poor business sense to me & devalues what is already a bargain purchase.

"Book a free file & polish today when you buy Vinylux weekly polish"

No wonder they have 25+ appts - no one is paying!

Buying a £10 polish would not make me do anything for free.

I'm happy to give advice on retail purchases - but I have to wonder whether someone has done the maths of wasting an employee & seat in the salon treating all these people at no cost.

It sounds like extremely poor business sense to me & devalues what is already a bargain purchase.

It was a launch! Very well conceived and with a lot of thought put into it. It worked brilliantly as throughout the day they sold loads of polish and booked more than 25 further appointments at full price. Other new clients walked in and watched and bought or booked appointments. The S2 Spa Emissary (the beautiful Kay Pennington) was there as well and talked and chatted and explained VINYLUX throughout the day to clients .. they felt really special. No one has lost out here.

Got to speculate to accumulate and this is a very successful salon with a fantastic business so I know they did the maths and knew just what they were doing. The salon was not closed just for this launch ... others were busy as usual doing other fab treatments while a few of the girls had fun showing off Vinylux. Their clients trust them and were happy to pick a polish .. be shown how to use it and go home with it.

Far from devaluing the service, it showed every person there that they had 100% trust in this product ... enough to gift their clients with a quick manicure to show it off and believe me they appreciated it; no one there was anything but happy, up beat and excited to try something new and quite different. The technicians love using Vinylux and are experts with it.

Going back, I do not think I have ever done a free nail or polish for anyone without them coming back to me for for more. A really good model for any salon to follow which is why I posted about it.

Each to their own opinion but 'the proof is in the pudding' and this successful day was a sweet pudding.

Latest posts

Back