I Love Vinylux!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They had a brilliant day, sold stacks of Vinylux polish and booked in upwards of 25 appointments over the next couple of weeks.

This is the way to do things even if you are a 'one man band'. :)

/QUOTE]

"Book a free file & polish today when you buy Vinylux weekly polish"

No wonder they have 25+ appts - no one is paying!

Buying a £10 polish would not make me do anything for free.

I'm happy to give advice on retail purchases - but I have to wonder whether someone has done the maths of wasting an employee & seat in the salon treating all these people at no cost.

It sounds like extremely poor business sense to me & devalues what is already a bargain purchase.

Willow rose I have read some of your posts and you seem a smart cookie... However the above.... Is you not thinking this through... that or lack of understanding... They had an amazing day! They made money and booked many more customers. Am wondering if you missed the point? :idea:

Have any of you had a Launch Day for Vinylux?
Here are a couple of photos of a Vinylux launch held a few days ago at Positive Touch Salon.

They had a brilliant day, sold stacks of Vinylux polish and booked in upwards of 25 appointments over the next couple of weeks. And all for the cost of a few AWESOME T-shirts, loads of enthusiasm from the team and an amazing product.
This is the way to do things even if you are a 'one man band'. :)

picture.php

picture.php

fab idea, i hope to do something similar if i get the go ahead on my salon

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

I'm startingwith shellac soon but like the. sound of VInylux too. What exactly do you think is the best

I'm startingwith shellac soon but like the. sound of VInylux too. What exactly do you think is the best

They are completely different products and they do different things for different clients. CND Shellac is the original 14 day Power Polish offering 14 day chip free wear with exceptional and flawless shine. CND Vinylux is a polish that has the possibility of 7+ day wear... It is designed for great natural nails and for people who DON'T want 14 day wear... They want to be able to change up their polish either with you or at home... It's a polish so can be sold retail...

CND shellac is professional only and can not be sold retail... To be truly successful in a salon environment... I would buy both which would allow you to cross sell and offer various treatment for the variety of customers who may walk through your door!!

I have just bought vinylux in and I love how fast it dries the only issue I have is I totally forgot it was a polish due to the amazing shine (just like shellac) so when I was quickly removing my mums toe polish I ended up removing my vinylux from the top of my own nails! I wasn't using plastic backed pads as I run out. I am so used to shellac when I do this I just forgot what would happen! Oh Well just means I get to try a different colour.

Both are best! By offering both, you are offering something exceptional for everyone. Shellac is amazing, but some people don't want Shellac so Vinylux is perfect! ...and the retail option is great for you :)

Willow rose I have read some of your posts and you seem a smart cookie... However the above.... Is you not thinking this through... that or lack of understanding... They had an amazing day! They made money and booked many more customers. Am wondering if you missed the point? :idea:

Sorry renewing my vows in sunny sicily so no SG for a while hence delay :)

The vast majority of experiential loss leading marketing events are invitation only so that you only target those you deem a suitable client base. The problem with in store campaigns using this model is that you can't target a particular sub section of the public as your doors are open.

On a high street you end up with an influx of inquisitive & aimless people. The psyche of those who attend is not conducive to the goal. I wouldn't attend the launch of a polish whatever the free gift - my customers wouldn't either - we're busy people hence the disposable income. Those that would are likely to be on a limited income or equally those who wouldn't dream of a regular salon beauty regime but would see the freebie purchasing perk as a luxury one off treat.

This isn't just my opinion. There have been quite a few large CBA studies on in store marketing initiatives of this kind & the general consensus is: great for brand awareness/instant sales rubbish for long term appreciation & patronage. Services marketing is far more complex than product marketing.

Whilst courting these prospective "clients" my launch would be disruptive, invasive & loud. Add to this the fact that many find hard selling distasteful - I certainly do - and I am likely to alienate my existing customer base.

Even if the launch sold 100+ V. Well, the profit percentage is fine, but the £ figure is inconsequential when compared to using the diverted staff on paying clients or promoting pretty much any other retail product I stock. This coupled with the stock issues mean it just isn't cost effective to promote V to that extent. I'm very happy with V. But in my opinion it is not worth a dedicated marketing budget & day long event.

Geeg states everyone offered a free service has returned to her forever more. She is considered the top of her field. They return for her expertise & it isn't really comparable with an unknown beautician offering a forgettable but free & hastily applied file + polish in a wirral salon.

It's good to have fun. But I'm in business to make money. 3 months from now were they to assess the medium term impact this strategy had I would suspect the answer would be pretty much nil. I am doubtful that the low value spur of the moment appts booked in a pressurised atmosphere will actually translate into new permanent clients. Certainly marketing history suggests it doesn't work.

As a side-note there is a real trend for suggesting someone lacks knowledge when there is a difference of positions. Not good :sad:

I had my first vinylux mani and and pedi done on Thursday for a family wedding and I'm so impressed with the results!

Not only is the mani still chip free, but the pedi is still chip free even though I wore sandals to the wedding and yesterday I went to chatsworth country estate for the day and walked around the grounds on dusty dirt path in flip flops!

I too love vinylux so far. Only tried a couple of colours on myself so far. Had one colour on my toes for well over two weeks & no chips (my toes always last well anyway) and got rock royalty on my fingers at mo. Applied it weds & still no chipping considering I did all housework yesterday including scrubbing 3 bathrooms!!

I love Vinylux as I soaked off my gelish nails and didn't have time to re apply, I used Vinylux Tropix, and was very nervous about not having the extra strength of Gelish, however, my nails feel strong, and feel like they're getting stronger each day. They have survived the beach without chipping and they still look fabulous 3 days later, which for me is amazing as normal polish chips within hours! And that's another reason why I love Vinylux!

Latest posts

Back