I loved the old site

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoney

Reaction score
Just logged on again, after a long time away. Had two children in last 3 years:!: must say was very shocked. Nail Geek now Salon Geek. Oh how i loved the old site, just loved the fact there was something out there for us nail techs. Anyways, we all have to move with the times. Would love to get back into it again, after so long away. Have so many questions that have probably been covered by you good people on a million threads and don't know where to start? Plans to open my own Salon soon after 5 years and would appreciate any good advice.:rolleyes:

I actually love the fact that it combines hair and skin now.. as this site has helped me solve a few of my skin probs just by reading threads... that wouldnt have happened if it was still just a nail tech site :) infact I am off to find out what I can do about my butchered hair cut lol

At first, I wasn't crazy about the changes. I truly loved how it was NAILS ONLY.

However, as there are so many "techs" that are multi-talented/multi-service.. it only made sense that Sam made these changes.
And as mentioned above, we all benefit, no matter what our services are.

We still get all the great things we had before: info, tutorials, support, comraderie....
NOW there's more to go around since we will now attract a different group of umm "techs'? I guess? Skin Techs, Hair techs .... :wink2:

I can just imagine how busy I'll be this coming xmas with the next round of "secret santa" HOLY COW, I am sooooooooooooo IN TROUBLE :lol::lol::lol: (which just put a thought in my head.. ok off to ponder that thought lol)

Anyway.. welcome back:!:

What sort of salon do you intend to open? Home or rent a business space?
And have you kept up your skills, or might a 'refresher" course be a wise thing to do??
Much has changed in 5yrs in 'some ways" and much remains the same.
I dont know the in's and out's in the UK as to what's required for opening a business...
BUT I do know what has worked for me in terms of building a clientel for my home business.
Feel free to msg me for any ideas!

BTW it's thanks to all the great info here that I've managed to become solidly booked/full time WITHIN 2.5YRS of opening my business.........I actually have to say 'no' sometimes :eek:
I think I did good?

Anyway, I'm sure all the geeks will be super helpful and there are TONNES of threads on this very subject in the search facility AND in the tutorials sections (can't remember specifically, but i think Sassy wrote something about running business? sorry if I got it wrong)

Best of luck:hug:

Thanks for advice!
Only actually been 3 years, although it feels like 5! Just been away from the site, not the nails.
Have been doing nails in that time, even rented a space for a little while, but salon shut down, which really annoyed me, after building good client base and spending out quite a bit if money! Luckily have managed to keep lots of my clients on a mobile basis.
Planning to open a nail bar in November. There isn't one where i am, and none of beauticians in the town do acrylic enhancements.
Also just done a threading course, used to get loads of people askin me to shape their eyebrows, but didn't want to do beauty/waxing course, want to keep my identity as a nail tech.
Have just spent last week on site, reading tutorials and old threads and after a one-to-one with Toni at NSI i think ill be ready. :eek:

Oh how i loved the old site, just loved the fact there was something out there for us nail techs.
You have still the got 'old site'... http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/

...and if you prefer the 'old' blue compared to the new beige colour scheme you can still have that too...
scroll down to the bottom of the screen, left hand side, there's a drop down menu for choosing the colour and width you wish to view the site in :green:

Thats much better, now i feel at home x Cheers lol

You have still the got 'old site'... http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/

...and if you prefer the 'old' blue compared to the new beige colour scheme you can still have that too...
scroll down to the bottom of the screen, left hand side, there's a drop down menu for choosing the colour and width you wish to view the site in :green:

sorry don't mean to jump into thread but

wow i didn't know that was there how cool. thanks

Latest posts

Back