I messed up, advice on how to rectify please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha good for you!! I think three seems to be a common misconception that anyone in the hair or beauty industry must be thick, so I hope you threw her off track with your long words and scientific explanations!! ;) xx

On the topic of daughter coming down stairs, I was gonna starta thread but hope u don't mind me jumping on here!! Tonight I had a new client (recommendation from another client who told me she was hard work) we had just sat down and my 6 year old popped her head in and said 'night mum and blew me a kiss', smiled at the new lady and said 'I hope u lik ur nails! ' This new lady said 'aw bless her', I said 'sorry bout that hope u didn't mind' (bearing in my she was 20 mins early so didnt get to say a proper good night like normal) she said 'no worries, I suppose if people want a really professional service they would go to a salon' !!!!!!!!!!!! I was bloody fuming. I pride myself on a very professional service, had to hold myself back from launching into a big speech! So spent the rest of the appointment using technical terms and explaining in far more detail what I was doing than normal, felt I had to prove myself after that. She was super happy with her nails but that got me rather cross. Phew sorry rant over! What would u have said? Xxx
I personally wouldn't have been offended I'd probably have agreed with her. I work from home and at times my Son will want a drink and I'll get it for him just the same as I occasionally go up to tuck him in bed - I don't have a 'home salon' I work from home and I think people should expect a more homely environment at times. I'm not saying to be doing ya washing or anything like that but I work from home for convenience and if people don't like it they CAN go elsewhere! Then again I also don't mind them bringing their own kids which I know a lot of people wouldn't stand for so if you do stick to complete professionalism it might have been a tad harsh but she wasn't to know that from the offset :) x

Glamour Fairy :)

Apology made and 50% off on next treatment offered, now I just gotta wait with baited breath to see if I hear from her!! Thanks for all you help last night ladies, really appreciate it xx

Yes i would do as most and be in touch, maybe diverting the fact that they weren't as good but by the interruptions…. i think people talk and i think it looks like you care the fact that you want to do something about it…. i also had a couple of long time removal of gelish but i think that you can't do anything if its sticking to their nail other than keep buffing etc….. the lady who i last had that problem with was more apologetic thinking she was taking up my time!!. Bless

She replied saying there was no need but thanked me, and said she was glad I had ordered a wheat bag!! We had a little joke about it. Hopefully she Re books but only time will tell on that one :/ I don't know why it didn't want to budge but I'm seriously hoping the wheat bag will help. I've heard heated towels work, would you just tumble dry them and put them straight on to wrapped fingers? I'm dreading this evenings client now! Xx

I've had this exact situation where she said 'if I wanted the professional service I should of gone to ragdale hall' and started laughing and I Responded 'yeah I love It there but if you can't afford it then mobile techs are a great alternative!' And started cackling like she did lol. She wasn't amused but she's a regular now and hasn't said t again haha! X

Haha that hilarious! I wish I was a fly on your wall then, I wish I had the balls to say things like that to clients when they get snotty. I had one today but can't really go into it, I was doing her lashes so didn't see me sat there with my mouth wide open while she was saying what she was saying, I thought about what I should have said afterwards though!!

Haha that hilarious! I wish I was a fly on your wall then, I wish I had the balls to say things like that to clients when they get snotty. I had one today but can't really go into it, I was doing her lashes so didn't see me sat there with my mouth wide open while she was saying what she was saying, I thought about what I should have said afterwards though!!

Lol i wouldn't usually but I really don't like her very much, she's one of those
Who flases every bit of cash she has by wearing it and makes sure you know what she has. She looked mortified about 4 appointments later when I admitted to her I had county club membership to ragdale haha! X

On the topic of daughter coming down stairs, I was gonna starta thread but hope u don't mind me jumping on here!! Tonight I had a new client (recommendation from another client who told me she was hard work) we had just sat down and my 6 year old popped her head in and said 'night mum and blew me a kiss', smiled at the new lady and said 'I hope u lik ur nails! ' This new lady said 'aw bless her', I said 'sorry bout that hope u didn't mind' (bearing in my she was 20 mins early so didnt get to say a proper good night like normal) she said 'no worries, I suppose if people want a really professional service they would go to a salon' !!!!!!!!!!!! I was bloody fuming. I pride myself on a very professional service, had to hold myself back from launching into a big speech! So spent the rest of the appointment using technical terms and explaining in far more detail what I was doing than normal, felt I had to prove myself after that. She was super happy with her nails but that got me rather cross. Phew sorry rant over! What would u have said? Xxx

She probably was just referring to the environment rather than your service. I always say the wrong thing too.

I used to struggle with removals, until I ordered the wheat bag. The heat really helps, especially in winter when hands are cold. I use it on myself too for removals.

I once had a new client have a shellac service and although she was happy it played on my mind. I contacted her and asked if she could pop in at a convenient time for her as I forgot to get a photo. When she came in I said I wasn't happy with a few of them and asked if If she would mind me rectifying them. She insisted they were fine but allowed me to 'tweak' what I wasn't happy with. This was 2years ago and she is now a very loyal regular client x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to be really strict on my kids coming in when I had a client, but you know what, no one seems to mind. If clients have arrived early & my daughter has been in the room & I've said 'right, upstairs now' they often say 'don't worry, she's fine in here'. She is well behaved when clients are around (most of the time), no one ever had an issue with it so I'm far more relaxed now if she decides she wants to do colouring or something. If she gets annoying I just give her the 'eye' then she disappears!!

Same here! I work in the kitchen and I often get 'can I get something out of the fridge' or 'can you get me a drink please'.. I don't see that this is particularly disruptive and I've never knowingly had a client have an issue, it's no more annoying than being in a salon and the shop phone ringing - if he was the kind of child to refuse going to bed and being up & downstairs etc I'd ensure he stayed out or was looked after.. I really don't think people are THAT bothered in this environment..

Glamour Fairy :)

She replied saying there was no need but thanked me, and said she was glad I had ordered a wheat bag!! We had a little joke about it. Hopefully she Re books but only time will tell on that one :/ I don't know why it didn't want to budge but I'm seriously hoping the wheat bag will help. I've heard heated towels work, would you just tumble dry them and put them straight on to wrapped fingers? I'm dreading this evenings client now! Xx

I can't imagine how it could possibly take so long to remove even with cold acetone... Are you removing the shine off the top coat before removal?
Why not get a proper soak off bowl... They're not expensive & are quick & easy to use... You fill the base with warm water which speeds up the process.
It should take about 10 minutes to soak off no problem x

I was using Gelish remover, not acetone...do you think acetone better to use?? Certainly cheaper! ;) I just thought it looked more professional to be using everything harmony! X

Latest posts

Back