I need a good glitter nail varnish.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameo Val

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy a really good glitter nail varnish. I have bought about 3 so far and they are just not glittery enough for me. I find that the best time to buy the glitter nail varnishes in the shops is around Christmas time, but I cant wait that long. So any advice would be gratefully recieved. I am wanting a multi coloured sparkle glitter and also a gold glitter. I am wanting it for my own nails which are natural and long now so dont want to put on L&P or Gel. Thanks.

OPI have some gorgeous ones, click here for a thread Glo posted recently.

One of the best glitter varnishes I know is the Northern Lights - it will turn any varnish into a glitter varnish - it can be subtle or not - it comes in both Silver and Gold.

Orly have a great clear varnish with silver glitter in it.. cant remember it's name off top of my head, but have used it and its great.

I use northern lights over varnishes fab - I have gold and silver they are never out of my kit

i know barry m nail varnishes are good i have a few glitter ones and they are fab. Also china glaze is a nice one. HTH X:)

Hi there

WOW that is a glitter enamel.....
Apart from Northern Lights[ Gold ,silver ] I also use glitter enamel from Too Much Fun [ Airbrushing mainly]...It blings also, not holographic though.

I use LCN glitter polishes at the moment, i have a clear, bronze and purple and i have found them really glittery when i have been putting designs together for my nail art portflio. But i have to say that the OPI one is a fantastic glitter. Is this really just a varnish????:!:

i have to say that the OPI one is a fantastic glitter. Is this really just a varnish????:!:
Yup! goes on like a dream too!

Im still wearing the polish now ... not a chip in sight (though dont know if thats because it sits between my Stickey basecoat & Super Shiney top coat).

Its a lot easier to remove than your standard glitter polishes, which personally I find a bit of a nightmare, as the polish comes off but the chunks of glitter seem to stay put! :lol:

Yup! goes on like a dream too!

Im still wearing the polish now ... not a chip in sight (though dont know if thats because it sits between my Stickey basecoat & Super Shiney top coat).

Its a lot easier to remove than your standard glitter polishes, which personally I find a bit of a nightmare, as the polish comes off but the chunks of glitter seem to stay put! :lol:

do they do all different colours glo...like red

do they do all different colours glo...like red
I think I read somewhere that theres about 16 colours ... but dont quote me on that.
They def do a red, a pale pink, a barbie pink, a purple, a gold and 'shimmer'.
Ill definately be buying some at GMEX (theyre not at Earls Court)

god i will be spending loads a wanga at gmex this time... i was good last year

Latest posts

Back