I need a new mascara!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rouge

Reaction score
Maybelline have discontinued Unstoppable mascara! :cry: It's the only one I've ever found that doesn't end up smeared under my eyes after a couple of hours. So now I need to find a new one - does anyone have any recommendations please? I wear specs most of the time but I do sometimes wear contact lenses.

I just don't want to spend shedloads of money on dozens of mascaras that don't do what I want.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Bodyshop mascara's are the best I have ever tried, and when I was a consultant, my customers said the same hunny x
others may say different but this is my oppinion :hug:

Hi

I'm using No7 Intense Volume at the moment and I think it's fab! I've got really rubbish eyelashes- short and straight and this makes them look really nice (I should curl them really to make them look even better but I can't be bothered lol).

Not sure how much it is as I got it in that little bag of bits that you got free when you spent over a certain amount of money, however, once it's all gone I will be going to buy it as I really like it.

Hth's

i use the new maybelline one called define-a-lash.its one that in a green container,theyve also just brought out a waterproof one.i have quite long eyelashes so some mascaras ive used end up on my eyelid or under my eye but ive found this one to be great.it does exactly what it says.ive just bought another one as my recent one is nearly 3months old. i love it and even better its also on offer at the mo in boots instead of being £7.49 its £5.49.:)

i use the new maybelline one called define-a-lash.its one that in a green container,theyve also just brought out a waterproof one.i have quite long eyelashes so some mascaras ive used end up on my eyelid or under my eye but ive found this one to be great.it does exactly what it says.ive just bought another one as my recent one is nearly 3months old. i love it and even better its also on offer at the mo in boots instead of being £7.49 its £5.49.:)

i agree its a brilliant mascara, mine has lasted ages, the brush is great...(rubber) will be getting the waterproof one as they didnt have waterproof when i got mine

i use mac zoom lash best one i ever tried and theres been loads

I use different ones depending on what effect I'm going for, but my fav has to be max factor max (the one in the black tube) its great, it lengthens, thickens and makes my lashes look fab. Also agree about mac mascara but I love everything mac do (nothing to do with the fact my uncle is a mac make up artist so I get it all free :lol:)

Lancome Hypnose. Love it. xx

Super cover,Aveda or Origins.

The first gives long lashes,the second gives thick,as well as long,and has pure rose oil in it....such a pleasurable way of using mascara:),and the third will give a natural look....hth.:hug:

Most mascaras smudge on me, I don't know if that's cos I have quite an oily skin or just because I've only bought crappy ones, but some have been quite expensive . . . lol

The one I use at the moment is by Too Faced and to my great surprise stays put!!

rimmel, maybelline or max factor for me

i am loving the new style brush

Clarins Wonder Volume.

Only mascara I have bought time and time again since it was released a few years ago!!

x

Well I bought the new Maybelline one (in the green tube) and I find that it clumps terrible. Maybe I'm doing it wrong! :lol:

But I've gone back to my old favourite - Boots No7 Intense Volume. Can't fault it.

I swear by Maybelline Sky High Curves I think it's called.... In a Blue tube, around £5.00 ish

It makes your eyelashes look SOOO Nlong and seperated. I have been using it for months and people actually ask if they are my own lashes (they are long anyway, but this mascara just gives them their full potential).

Let me know how you get on...what ever you decide to go for.

Carly x

Wow, what a response! Thanks everyone for your recommendations.

Blossom, where do you get Too Faced makeup from please?

Gabi, I've tried the Origins one and had the same old problem, but I've not heard of Super cover - where would I find that please?

I have to be careful with the lengthening ones, my lashes are quite long and if I add too much length they leave streaks of mascara down the inside of my specs lenses! :lol:

i buy a dif mascara every time as haven't been happy - until now!!

i use MAC zoom lash like someone else said. it's brill, seperates and makes them look thicker, dunno about longer but they look great! i also wear glasses and dont have a problem with my lashes on them.

ive also tried max factor masterpiece max but didn't think it thickened my lashes enough.

Do you have Mary Kay there? they have a great one

I have been using Loreal Lash Out for years and love it. Every once in a while I try a more pricey brand but always go back...

Well I bought the new Maybelline one (in the green tube) and I find that it clumps terrible. Maybe I'm doing it wrong! :lol:

But I've gone back to my old favourite - Boots No7 Intense Volume. Can't fault it.
not sure why yours seems clump as ive not had any trouble with it.i thought it was meant to be clump proof?:confused:
when i apply my mascara i twist and move the brush slightly to help get an even application,not sure if that would make any difference though.xx

not sure why yours seems clump as ive not had any trouble with it.i thought it was meant to be clump proof?:confused:
when i apply my mascara i twist and move the brush slightly to help get an even application,not sure if that would make any difference though.xx

I do this too so maybe I just got a duff one? :irked:

Latest posts

Back