I Need a new name!!!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Help,

I have just qualified as a mobile Nail tech, I brought a small van to fit my table and various stuff in then i had a logo painted on the side and called my new buisness Top Tips i had numerous calls and thought i was doing great until i had a phone call from a very irrate woman :evil:
Telling me i ripped off her company name i've had various calls from her and there not pretty.

Can anyone help me find a new name i'm losing inspiration.:cry:

Hi,
Choosing a name for yourself is a real pain :(
I have thought of a couple... how about...
Nail Magic,
Nail Trends,
Polished,
UR Nails
Gloss
Sorry if they are of no use or if they are already being used. Told you it's a pain choosing a name, maybe someone else will help you. I'm sure there was a thread recently asking the same question.

NailGlitz.

Hiya

how about "got it nailed" or "tip 'n' polish

Tip n Polish is a good name especially if no one else is using, nice to be individual !

kx

Peter Pan said:
Hiya

how about "got it nailed" or "tip 'n' polish

shame on the woman for being nasty - I'm sure it was a genuine mistake on your part - you're not going to intentionally use her business name, you might lose business to her!!!

Anyway, if you like Top Tips, why not add to it and make yours......Tip Top Tips........ AND you'll be before her in the Phone directory :twisted:

choosing a name is so hard, especially to find one unique.

Here are a few,

Tailored talons
Unique Nails
Perfect Nails
Nailed to perfection

If you aren't sure wether they have been used, type the name in search on the web and see what it comes up with. If you put UK after the name it will only search for here rather than whole of Europe. If nothing comes up then you know you have a winner. Or if its some where away fromyou it shouldn't be a problem.

Just remember that unless this woman has registered her name at companys hous legally, then you re perfectly entitled to use the same name whether she likes it or not.

Having said that , I think Trinity's idea of Tip Top Tips is a brilliant idea!! Too funny!! And it will irritate this woman to death!!

How about 'Fingers Up to Top Tips' in big letters on the side of your van?? LOL

Trinity Nails said:
shame on the woman for being nasty - I'm sure it was a genuine mistake on your part - you're not going to intentionally use her business name, you might lose business to her!!!

Anyway, if you like Top Tips, why not add to it and make yours......Tip Top Tips........ AND you'll be before her in the Phone directory :twisted:

lol Trinity Nails good one!!!!! :lol:

Thanks guys u have given me some good ideas

But i think im going to go with Talented Talons and call myself
'Nailed to Perfection'

I'd love to put 'fingers up to top tips ' on my van it would be great!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys hope i can repay the favor sometime.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

glittergirl said:
Thanks guys u have given me some good ideas

But i think im going to go with Talented Talons and call myself
'Nailed to Perfection'

I'd love to put 'fingers up to top tips ' on my van it would be great!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys hope i can repay the favor sometime.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oooh, Wendy'll be tickled pink (soz, no reference to the user name!!) that you chose a name that she suggested :) .

Fakin it said:
How about 'Fingers Up to Top Tips' in big letters on the side of your van?? LOL

I wish I had thought of this one :lol: I just spat my lunch out laughing!!!

talented talons said:
choosing a name is so hard, especially to find one unique.

Here are a few,

Tailored talons
Unique Nails
Perfect Nails
Nailed to perfection

If you aren't sure wether they have been used, type the name in search on the web and see what it comes up with. If you put UK after the name it will only search for here rather than whole of Europe. If nothing comes up then you know you have a winner. Or if its some where away fromyou it shouldn't be a problem.

If you want to check if a business has already been registered, you can look it up at http://www.anewbusiness.co.uk/business_names/index.htm - yes, Top Tips has gone - and so too has Tip Top Tips!!!!

hey paola just found mine under limited companies search !! scary seeing it on line like that eh!

though registered office comes up as my accountants address can only guess thats right eh !

kx

Hollyballoo said:
If you want to check if a business has already been registered, you can look it up at http://www.anewbusiness.co.uk/business_names/index.htm - yes, Top Tips has gone - and so too has Tip Top Tips!!!!

Karren said:
hey paola just found mine under limited companies search !! scary seeing it on line like that eh!

though registered office comes up as my accountants address can only guess thats right eh !

kx
Hi Hun - yup...spooky seeing your name in lights huh!!!!! Do what I said earlier tho and give them a buzz on Monday to double-check the other thing okay.....

Will try and speak on MSN later - currently doing the parents thing and gracing them with my presence (lucky aren't they!)!!!!

Normally when you set up a company you do a search with Companies House to make sure no one else has the name already. They are on the net, or get your accountant if you have one to search for you.

Deb379

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know i had my Van painted this morning it looks great!

I've got Nailed to Perfection in huge pink letters wiv a bitta glitter
(obviously hence the user name)

Just wanna thank u all again for the great suggestions!

Latest posts

Back