I need a recommendation for skin care please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
Hi,

I had some great advice from Noodle re which eye serum to buy and purchased some Decloer Hydrotenseur. I also need some moisturiser for 35 year old, dehydrated skin. No spots or oil problems...just dry and wrinkled!!!! :cry: What would you guys use regardless of price?

Sam

I would suggest Intensive Moisture Balance by Dermalgocia. My boyfriend has the worst dehydrated and dry skin and now it is fabulous. You can also add the Skin Hydrating Booster with that. If you are still feeling really dry, then they carry a product called Super Rich Repair which is the most intense moisturizer they have in their line.. although it is pricey.

i would recommend Total Care Youth Cream by Matis, it's an amazing moisturiser packed full of active ingrediants that will sort out wrinkles, dryness and giving your skin it's vitality back. Use it after applying Moisturising Energy Gel Serum by Matis for added ooomph!! The only problem is that Matis can be hard to find, they are quite picky about which salons stock them! The best way to combat dehdration is to drink loads water. HTH x

If you loved the eye serum why not stick with decleor and try the face range They are beautiful top of the range products they do fantastic pure essential face oils to go under the moisturisers which are very effective.I do love them but still always go back to clarins as its what suits me best.
Remember to remove the dead,dull skin you should be using an exfoliator regularly. I prefer enzyme peels decleor do a good one of these too.

I'd recommend Alqvimia Anti-Ageing Moisturising Elixir Cream (in the day) and Alqvimia Anti-Ageing Beauty Extract oil (at night). Would also use their Eye Contour cream in day and Eye Contour extract at night. The ingredients are 100% pure but powerful and give great results if used regularly. You can buy it from Alquimia Spa - A Centre for Transformation

HTH x

If you want to stick with Decleor then my advice would be to buy the Vitaroma Wrinkle Prevention Moisturiser (Anti Ageing)

To combat the dryness then try the Decleor Angelique Arommessence (Oil underneath moisturiser) or Angelique Night Balm - Prefably both !

If you are looking to convert to the Decleor range then it would be best to go to a salon near you first, they will give you plenty of smaples to try. Its been a few years since i trained with Decleor so they will probably have some new & even better products out now !

PS I love the eye serum its my fave, just bought some last night !

thanks to all that answered my plea....off to look at these brands now.
Sam XX

Sorry I'm coming to this a bit late!

I'm a big advocate of Bio Oil for dry skin (and Clairet will back me up!). If you smother it on damp skin at night, you will wake up fully plumped!

Decleor is a beautiful skin care range also, and as Bombini said....they are very generous with the samples. You can have a good old test of them before you buy.

Good luck finding something that works for you :green:

I'm a big advocate of Bio Oil for dry skin (and Clairet will back me up!). If you smother it on damp skin at night, you will wake up fully plumped!

Decleor is a beautiful skin care range also, and as Bombini said....they are very generous with the samples. You can have a good old test of them before you buy.

Absolutely Amy. Bio oil is fantastic. I've only tried it recently, but the results on my skin have been better than lots of expensive moisturisers that I've tried - and believe me - I've tried a few!!!:lol::lol:

Its under a tenner - so why not give it a go.:green:

Where can you get Bio Oil from?

Where can you get Bio Oil from?

Boots and most chain chemists, some smaller chemists (more pharmacies I suppose) stock it and are usually much cheaper, and online which is also cheaper than Boots etc

hth:green:

Ah right, thanks. :hug:

Bio oil for me too, I only bought some last week and have noticed a big difference, fab product. I bought mine off ebay £5.99 I think plus postage.

I have used bio oil for approx 2 months & the results are amazing. Highly recomended.

It has to be Nimue....I love it, sell it in my salon and all my clients swear by it with fantastic results.

Nimue offer programmes for all skin types and ages (inc the Youth and Nimue Man range).

It's fab!

Eva

I'm so intrigued about this bio oil, so many people really rate it so i've decided to jump on the bandwagon and buy a bottle, I don't even have dry skin i just really want to see what the fuss is all about!!!

I'm so intrigued about this bio oil, so many people really rate it so i've decided to jump on the bandwagon and buy a bottle, I don't even have dry skin i just really want to see what the fuss is all about!!!

Just apply it to damp skin in the night before you go to bed. It feels really lovely and your skin feels all plumped up in the morning.

Hope you like it hun. Let us know how you get on.:green:

I took a look at the ingredients of Bio Oil and it contains mineral oil. Does anyone have any problems because of this particularly those with combination or oily skins? Mineral oil clogs up the skin so it got me thinking.

I took a look at the ingredients of Bio Oil and it contains mineral oil. Does anyone have any problems because of this particularly those with combination or oily skins? Mineral oil clogs up the skin so it got me thinking.

Hello hun :green:

I too was concerned about Bio Oil containing mineral oil when I first started using it. However a little research put my mind at rest....

Mineral Oil

Mineral oil will not cause skin outbreaks, report claims

Mineral Oil Cleared of Pimple Rap

and from Bio Oil's own website:

.: Bio Oil :.

Hope these provide you with all the info you need!

However, when recommending Bio Oil, I always tend to say it's fab for dry skin. I would say to oily/combo skinned peeps to try it and see, but make sure your skin is nice and damp first so you're locking in lots of moisture (oily skin, although lubricated, can often be dehydrated).

When you have dry skin like me though, Bio Oil is a gorgeous feeling on your skin....locks in moisture, lubricates skin, makes you feel all silky and slinky rather than rough and cracky.....nourished (as Davina would say:green: )

Latest posts

Back