I need a very experienced nail tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flhterrie

Reaction score
Hi!!
I've just moved to Tenby, Wales and I need to find a very experienced nail technician to do my very problem nails. I know I am asking a lot

My nails are extremely thin and before I had enhancements put on they were splitting back 1/4 inch or more into the quick. I had cut them so short I was afraid I wasn't going to have any nail left and they were still splitting.

The first enhancements that were put on were Backscratchers Extreme but they would lift after two days. I had two different techs try but I ended up having them removed after the initial application and two fills.

When they were removed I was horrified. They were soaked off and gently pushed off with orange wood sticks but my nails looked like nails that had been subjected to mma for years. I couldn't even stand to have air blow across them. My husband thought I should go to a doctor. I should have photographed them but didn't think about it.

I did find someone that took pity on me and agreed to put gel nails on that day but made me no guarantees and said she didn't think they would stick. She told me I would have to take very good care of them and gave me strict instructions as she applied them. She used ibd clear gel and that's all. That was the middle of last June.

I'm happy to say that after a scary period all of my nails are doing excellent except my thimbs, which of course take longer to grow out. You can see through the gel that there is good healthy nail growing on the thumbs. It just hasn't reached the ends yet. I'm still having a bit of a problem with the ends of the thumbs holding but I take very good care of them, wear gloves to do dishes, etc. I'm a good client.

My husband took a job in Wales and here we are. My technician back home has been training me for several months to do my own and I grew up in a salon with most of the other female members of my family being techs and stylists. I'm not ignorant of what I'm doing, but I'm also not ignorant of what I'm doing, if you get my meaning. I know it's not as easy as it seems.

I don't mind paying or driving a reasonable way if you are open on Saturday. I need to find someone who won't file my natural nail away because I have very little natural nail. Even my toenails are paper thin. I think it's from medication I take plus some is hereditary.

Are ther any brave souls out there in the Pembrokeshire area ready to take me on after hearing my long, sad story?

Hi, I live in Llanddowror which is about 15 miles towards Carmarthen from you. I have a fair few 'problem' clients with nails not dissimilar to yours!

I have been doing nail since August last year, and qualified with Creative Nail Academy in Bridgend.

If you are interested then drop me a PM!

Hayls xxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back