I need advice about my hair breakage/color!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren35x

Reaction score
Hello everyone !

I am new on this forum . I could do with the advice of either experienced hairdressers or people who have been in a similar ( nightmare ) situation. Sorry it's a long story ! I am a brunette and I had highlights for a few years before I decided to go platinium ( aaah that stunning icy blonde on pinterest...so many victims :D ) I went to a salon as there was no chance I would do this on my own . It was lovely for a few months but then I got tired of the high maintenance . I asked my hairdresser to do a " root stretch " so the regrowth blends alright . Thing is, it looked awful .
It was a really warm/brassy brown clashing with the cool blonde . It looked like I had a hat on !

Then I went to another salon, one of the stylist said she could sort my " hot roots " so she just applied loads of highlights on top of the brown to break through the " bloc style " and lifted the brown color. Obviously I expected damage.
OH BOY THE DAMAGE.
The result was nice looking don't get me wrong but I should have just let my hair rest and stay away from the bleach. Anyway, that was about 8 months ago. I did let my hair alone then for a good while, I only had a few highlights around my face about two/three months ago. Now I absolutely don't know what to do with my hair.

My crown area have been completely ravaged from months ago and initially I wanted lowlights put through my ends to stop the roots being so obvious but my hair is that porous it wouldn't last . I dont wan't to be too dark/brunette either . But my hair has been really damaged . What could you suggest me ?
:(
Looking for advice on condition and colorwise. Here are some pictures to help you see the extent of the damage and the weird color . Sorry for th bad lighting !

Attachments

• IMG_2143 (2).JPG
    IMG_2143 (2).JPG
    178 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2149 (2).JPG
    IMG_2149 (2).JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2153 (2).JPG
    IMG_2153 (2).JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 68
Try redken anti snap. My hair literally looked like this and that’s what a couple of hair dressers told me to use! It’s helping xxx

I would definatly recommend not tying your hair up(not sure if you do) but it would cause alot of tension around your crown area and possibly cause further breakage. as for home treatments alot of people swear by coconut oil as a hair repair mask. also reconsider your shampoo pantene and treseme are literally the worst shampoos in the eyes on hairdressers.

There is nothing that you can apply that will repair that level of damage so ideally you need to get it cut out as it will keep breaking anyway and then look much worse.
Find a nice short style for now, then let it grow out and stick with subtle highlights. Maybe try some extensions.
Please don't be tempted into bleaching it light blonde again unless you're prepared to spend ££££ at a good salon as the maintence required to keep it looking lush is very time consuming and expensive.

A good haircut, Olaplex treatments, Moroccan oil, Silk pillowcase, when tying up use a loose scrunchie that will not stress the hair too much. Professional shampoo and conditioner, conditioning masks. Try to find a hairdresser that you can be a return customer that gets to know you and your hair, what you like what you don’t like. What your hair likes and what it doesn’t like

Thank you so much for your answers and advices I really appreciate . I do tie my hair up everyday I'll confess, as I hate leaving it down, because it looks so fried and I stay away from straighteners . I probably should learn some different hairstyles to limit the breakage although I'm useless with braids and stuff :D I use hair dryer as well as it I don't, it looks like a fizzy mess !

Latest posts

Back