I need boy advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherClare3

Reaction score
Me and my boyfriend have been going out for just over a year, on Monday he said he needed "space" I didn't see him until Thursday when we went the pictures (it had been arrange for a week, he works a lot and that was one of his rare days off! So I wanted to treat him!) on the way home we had a silly argument over nothing! After the argument I asked him what was up? And he should talk to me? The reply I got was, I don't talk to anyone I never have! ARGHHH!! ...I asked him if he wants us to split up, and the answer was "I don't know" We stayed in separate houses that night (as we had done since Monday night) I hadn't text him at all today and he hasn't text me! I left him to his "space" ..but I had to ask if he felt ready to talk yet, so an hour ago I text him saying "do you think we should talk?" He replied "yep, but I can't tonight" to which I replied "okay do you know what you want to happen between us?" (I don't know why I sent that because I know he will not answer me!)

My question is! I really want to text him something along the lines of,

"I know you are busy, but if you feel we should split up, I would rather I know now and not be left waiting"

Should I or not? Advice please!!

Last edited:
What is it that you want? Are you clear about that?

If I am honest with you, it doesn't sound good. Do you think he might be meeting someone else?
You don't mention how old you are or your living arrangements.

So, what have you got planned during this "break" or "space"? Go out with your mates and have a good time. Enjoy a bit of you time and think about what you want from your relationship.

Hey
I think weve all been here one time or another. Go with your gut. But be prepared for an answer you may not want to hear. Either way, good luck. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

"I dont talk to anyone I never have"

What does he mean by that ? Have you had sex with him ?

What is it that you want? Are you clear about that?

If I am honest with you, it doesn't sound good. Do you think he might be meeting someone else?
You don't mention how old you are or your living arrangements.

So, what have you got planned during this "break" or "space"? Go out with your mates and have a good time. Enjoy a bit of you time and think about what you want from your relationship.

Both 21, both still living at home with parents, I asked him if he was getting feelings for someone else, he said no and I honestly believe him! ..I would like us to stay together but if he doesn't theirs nothing I can do really! ..I haven't asked why he can't talk tonight, I don't want to invade his "space" and at the minute I've gone back to college so I'm concentrating on revising, I've got plans to go for food with friends on Monday after college. I would go out and get sloshed but I can't drink!! I have one and it makes me ill!

"I dont talk to anyone I never have"

What does he mean by that ? Have you had sex with him ?

He means he doesn't tell anyone how he's feeling, he bottles it all up and only talks when he wants to! (I'm exactly the same though!) ..and yeah we have.

Hey
I think weve all been here one time or another. Go with your gut. But be prepared for an answer you may not want to hear. Either way, good luck. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you X

Leave him to it if you can. If you do feel like sending a text do but don't push him saying "what's happening with us?" Ect as your pushing him into a corner,men are like cavemen they like to go into there cave when feeling like this so just try and back off and get on with your bits over the next few days. It's hard but hopefully then you can sort it.
What will will be, stay strong and good luck xx

Me and my boyfriend have been going out for just over a year, on Monday he said he needed "space" I didn't see him until Thursday when we went the pictures (it had been arrange for a week, he works a lot and that was one of his rare days off! So I wanted to treat him!) on the way home we had a silly argument over nothing! After the argument I asked him what was up? And he should talk to me? The reply I got was, I don't talk to anyone I never have! ARGHHH!! ...I asked him if he wants us to split up, and the answer was "I don't know" We stayed in separate houses that night (as we had done since Monday night) I hadn't text him at all today and he hasn't text me! I left him to his "space" ..but I had to ask if he felt ready to talk yet, so an hour ago I text him saying "do you think we should talk?" He replied "yep, but I can't tonight" to which I replied "okay do you know what you want to happen between us?" (I don't know why I sent that because I know he will not answer me!)

My question is! I really want to text him something along the lines of,

"I know you are busy, but if you feel we should split up, I would rather I know now and not be left waiting"

Should I or not? Advice please!!

No do not send this text!!

Read the signs my lovely, if he wanted to be with you this stuff would not be happening.

But what I really want to say is why are you waiting for him to finish with you??

Your gut is trying to tell you what is going on, if it's not right anymore you should take control and finish it yourself rather than dangling on the end of a string waiting for him to decide.

Choose to hang around and see how it plays out.

Or choose not to put up with nonsense and end it yourself - If he wants you, he will tell you quick enough after that.

Good luck xx

Well, I thought he meant ' I never "have" ' meaning never had sex with !!!! Lol

My OH is wondering what the heck I'm smirking at now !!

send him a picture of you naked and say 'oops sorry that wasn't meant for you '

Winnie! you are naughty.:wink2:

Read the signs my lovely, if he wanted to be with you this stuff would not be happening.

But what I really want to say is why are you waiting for him to finish with you??

Your gut is trying to tell you what is going on, if it's not right anymore you should take control and finish it yourself rather than dangling on the end of a string waiting for him to decide.

Or choose not to put up with nonsense and end it yourself - If he wants you, he will tell you quick enough after that.

Good luck xx

Exactly.

Leave him to it if you can. If you do feel like sending a text do but don't push him saying "what's happening with us?" Ect as your pushing him into a corner,men are like cavemen they like to go into there cave when feeling like this so just try and back off and get on with your bits over the next few days. It's hard but hopefully then you can sort it.
What will will be, stay strong and good luck xx

I will leave him to it then!! I know he's off tomorrow so I'll leave it for him to text me to talk! (Tbh! He's probably gone out! He's not a big drinker but I wouldn't put it past him!)

Thank you! xx

Good luck xx

I'm waiting because I don't want us to finish, I know that sounds stupid but it's true!

I know exactly what you mean though and thank you for your advice. If he leaves me waiting I guess I'll have to grow some balls!

Thank you! xx

Hahaha! Oh I'm tempted now!!

I will leave him to it then!! I know he's off tomorrow so I'll leave it for him to text me to talk! (Tbh! He's probably gone out! He's not a big drinker but I wouldn't put it past him!)

Thank you! xx

Start as you mean to go on, if you put all the decisions in his hands it will be like that always. You take control, be strong! Good luck xx

Would you let your friend stay with a twit like him? If your friend called you and said "this is what my man is saying?"

No

Don't text don't call don't chap his door.

Get rid. Take the advice of older geeks who have made mistakes with guys like this before.

Enjoy the rest of your life with yourself or with someone who cares as Much as you. He doesn't know if he wants to split up?! F-ing cheek

I think that you deserve to be spoken to, told about what is going on, what his honest plans are and treated with more consideration.
There might have been talk about moving in together, becoming more serious, talk of babies that might have made him think about being in a relationship, or a new job offer, moving away. We don't know.
What I do know though, is that life is hard enough without having a partner that cannot/will not communicate on important issues.
He doesn't sound very mature, so maybe he needs to wait until he thinks about being in a committed relationship.

What about you? What kind of relationship do you want? Are you ready to settle down? Have you spoken recently about your future together?

I think that you deserve to be spoken to, told about what is going on, what his honest plans are and treated with more consideration.
There might have been talk about moving in together, becoming more serious, talk of babies that might have made him think about being in a relationship, or a new job offer, moving away. We don't know.
What I do know though, is that life is hard enough without having a partner that cannot/will not communicate on important issues.
He doesn't sound very mature, so maybe he needs to wait until he thinks about being in a committed relationship.

What about you? What kind of relationship do you want? Are you ready to settle down? Have you spoken recently about your future together?

Haha Ch-Ela ... you do know that boys are at least 10 years behind their actual age don't you :eek: xxxx

Latest posts

Back