I need help - Light Elegance gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to touch base on a few things. First off, do you know if the educator you had was actually one that had gone through LE's educator training? You should find out if this person is still teaching for them and then you need to write them and let them know about your experience. I know that the owners of the company would not want their products being taught incorrectly. Now I'm in the states, oregon to be exact. And I live in the town that LE is from. I know the owners (Jim and Lezlie). I do her pedicures :)
That said, they should know about your experience. Hop on their website..
Light Elegance Nail Products and drop them an email.
I'm going to second changing your bulbs. This can cause so much lifting if they are old.
About bonder. Their bonder formulation now is to be applied so that it covers the nail well. It can look wet but no puddles at all. It needs a full 2min cure. They also have a new white calle Swedish White. It is very bright. Works well for overlays. Here are the steps I would do with the SW.
Cleanse nail, prep nail with 100/180 file, cleanse, apply bonder, cure.
You can apply pink as a base, very thin, cure.
Then use builder, 1 step, or extreme. I prefer extreme, it is very strong and I get less lift with it. Build up the shape you want for the nail, then cure, cleanse and shape. Refine the nail to how you want the finished shape to be.
Clease nail and apply one coat of Super shiney and cure, do not cleanse dispertion layer.
Then in a VERY thin coat apply swedish white over the supershiney, clean up your smile line and cure. Swedish white has to be applied very thin or it will not get a full cure becuase it is very pigmented.
Apply another coat of Super Shiney over the cured white and the rest of the nail, cure, cleanse, cuticle oil.
This is just one method for a french overlay. SW is more like a paint on white gel.
Here is a guide for the uses of their whites.
Sculpting nails with forms: French Tip or Natural Tip (these are the only ones strong enough)
Overlays or tips: french tip, natural tip, swedish white, white art
Paint on white: Swedish White.

Another tip, make sure you always clease the nails before you start filing at the very begining. otherwise those oils can get on your file and will be deposited on the nails throughout the service. And never touch a cleased nail or you are putting more oils on the nail, thus effecting adhesion of the gels.

ok :) I'm done. Let me know if you have more questions.

~Liz

:) Thank You very much!!!! I appreciate all of your advice! And The teacher did have her certificate on her wall for light elegance and many many more. She has stoped since last year. So you say SW is like a paint. So it can be put over the super shiney. Can you still apply it at the beginning also? Well I want to say thanks for everything !! you will here from me again. Oh I also updated my info about me!:lol: byby have a good one!!!

Hi Heaven ,

Please don't feel stupid . It is only by asking questions that we all learn ( myself included)

When was the last time you changed your bulbs ? If you have not changed them in the four years then boy is that going to contribute to lifting . When replacing your bulbs also make sure that you get a GOOD make like Slyvania or Phillips. believe it or not ther eis a vast differnce in the quality of bulbs out there

Ok re your overlays . You can either use the French Tip, Nail Art white or Natural tip. The french tip is a softer white and the White Art is a bright white . Natural tip gives a lovely natural cream.It really just depends on the look your customers want

You should prep the nail as normal then apply bonder 'thinnly' to the nail and cure .If the nail looks 'wet' then you have applied too much bonder. After curing applying your chosen product for french , cure, apply builder,1 Step OR Extreme, cure, wipe off tacky layer then file to perfect shape, wipe with cleanser ensuring that all the cleanser has evaparated before you apply your final coat . In your case this would be the pink. There is NO need to apply another coat over the pink. This defeats the object.

Your choices for your final coat over the french could be Pink, Supershiny ,Sparkle or 1 Step

Hope that this helps but feel free to ask if you need more

Karen

:) Hello
Thank you so much for answering me!! I appreciate your reponse. Yes I will change my bulbs for sure and I want to try the new extreme i havent tried it yet! I cant wait to see what will happen. You can make sure i will be using the wipes and cleanser. With my new bulbs things should go good. Oh yes my bulbs are from light elegence I think its Sylvania. I will let you know how things go after I get my order in. Cant wait ti see. Its stressing me out!!
Take to you later!! Thanks again
Natalie

The SW should be sandwiched between two layers of super shiney at the end when doing that method. But yes, it can also be used at the beginning like any other of their whites

Latest posts

Back