I need help - Light Elegance gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heaven

Reaction score
:irked: Ok Im New
Ive been using Light Elegence to do my gel nails. Im Not Satisfied!!!
Can anyone direct me to a good product that realy lasts on nails. Ansd have any of you heard about BioSculpture or Quintessa gel. If yes please let me know. :cry: Thank You!!! Heaven:lol:

Hi and welcome to the site.

Have you done the relevant training with Light Elegance to get the most out of the product?
It doesn't say in your profile.

If you're having problems with a product it's better (IMO) to iron out those problems before moving on to another product and then potentially get similar problems.

Why aren't you satisfied with LE gels?
What is it that isn't going right?

Hi,
I am Bio sculpture trained,the main thing i like about Bio is i do not get any lifting with it like i used to with other gels and acrylics,they say it is not strong enough to go over tips,but is fine for sculptures.I only do overlays as i dont have the flexability to be at everyones beck and call if theyve broke a nail,as ive another job and a school run to do,anyway,it needs infilling every 3 weeks,but i must admit the white does tend to go grey towards the end of the second week.Bio does do some lovely colours though for overlays ,very popular,any more questions on Bio dont hesitate to ask me.

I agree with Sandi..I was trained in Light Elegance also and have never had a problem that I couldn't solve by changing the application technique.

What type of problems are you running in to?

I'm going to have to say that Light Elegance is one of the top gels along with a few others. They have a fantastic product. i'm going to suggest further education. They are so helpful there. Even over the phone. Their gels are strong and durable. What exactly are your problems? I'd love to try and help. I have been using their gels for about 4 years now.

Hi from your profile it is very hard to see how long you have been using our gels and if you have had the relevant guidence .

As the others have said though you should not be having any problems so one can only assume that the problem is down to your apllication or possibly the fact that you maybe do not know how to apply it at all :eek:

Give us some more information as to the reason you are not satisfied and your application method and I will try to help

Kind Regards
Karen

Light Elegance

I've buy a Light elegance kit and i don't receice education for this specific product, what is step fot this and shiny gloss it is a finishing gel??
THANKS very much
Lily

I've buy a Light elegance kit and i don't receice education for this specific product, what is step fot this and shiny gloss it is a finishing gel??
THANKS very much
Lily
you could try Light Elegance Nail Products but I think you'd be much better off having a 1-2-1 with an LE educator so you know how to get the most out of the product range and to know you'd had the relevant training for it, it will put your clients minds at rest as well as yours.

hth's

If you are referring to "Super Shiney", yes it is a finish gel (top gloss) apply thin and cure for 2 minutes. Their website has a fair amount of educational imformation. They have a technical brochure and information about all of their products and their uses.

Thank you very much girl, all els do not have the same instruction!! I like this gel and is the same!!! I'v try other gel and not satisfy! But LE it's good and strong!!
Lily

Hi
Thank you for your response. Yes I have taken my course for Light Elegence. What I dont like about it is the lifting. A couple of other esthetician who have used it have the same problems. I have even made them do overlays on my nails to see if it would last. It does not last at all! What is funny about it is when I took my classes for light elegence the product did not stay! but my teacher said there was nothing to worry about it was only because her product was extremly old. I should of known better!!

Ive been using loght elegence for 4 years now. And yes i have taken the training course.
Just dont knoe what to do anymore.

I'm going to have to say that Light Elegance is one of the top gels along with a few others. They have a fantastic product. i'm going to suggest further education. They are so helpful there. Even over the phone. Their gels are strong and durable. What exactly are your problems? I'd love to try and help. I have been using their gels for about 4 years now.
Thanks I also have been using it for 4 years. I also have been trained on how to use this specific product. As for me i have had may nail techs try to do my nails with light elegance and failed. It just would not stay. I realy cant see why the product is lifting on my clients nails. I have been going back in my books and video to see what I might be doing wrong or forgettting and there is nothing. I just realy dont know whta to do anymore. Thats why I am considering a new product like biosculpture. Do you know any other good gel products that last. By the way were do you get you light elegence. I get mine in Prince Edward Island.

Did you try any other system? When I was searching for system to use I used to try them for six months.If they don't perform the way I want I will try something else.Luckily my search is over, I found system that works both for my clients and for me.

Hi Heaven,

Well I have been using Light Elegance for seven years now and NEVER have problems with lifting so sorry but there must be either something wrong with your application OR your lamp. When did you last change your bulbs and what lamp are you using ?

Are you applying the product too thick? or applying too much bonder.

Take me through your steps and i will try to help. Seems strange to me that you have stuck with a product for four years if you are having so many problems. There is an answer , we just need to find it :)

Karen xx

Seems strange to me that you have stuck with a product for four years if you are having so many problems.

Karen xx

Just what I was thinking. I would've looked for a better product LONG before now.

It does sound as if your prep might not be thorough enough, hence the lifting?

Hi Heaven,

Well I have been using Light Elegance for seven years now and NEVER have problems with lifting so sorry but there must be either something wrong with your application OR your lamp. When did you last change your bulbs and what lamp are you using ?

Are you applying the product too thick? or applying too much bonder.

Take me through your steps and i will try to help. Seems strange to me that you have stuck with a product for four years if you are having so many problems. There is an answer , we just need to find it :)

Karen xx

Well I realy feel stupid now!!!
Iwent on line to check for light elegence and I found some things that I have been doing wrong that could cause lifting!!! Whats worst is that this is how we were taught. It realy pissed me off. :mad: First I have not been using the light elegence cleanser. Ive been using diluted alcohol. Also I havent been using there wipes either just regular paper towels cut up in squares. This is what was taught to us by the so called Light elegence teacher...:irked: So there are 2 things that will cause lifting. As for my lamp it is from light elegence. So now ive been reconsidering changing I feel I should give it another chance. I will change my bulbs and i want to re order some product. Can I ask you a few questions? Forms are not to popular here, but overlays are very popular. Which white would you recomend more for overlays? Also my client love the pink should i apply it at the end or more at the beginnig? We were taught that after the bonder had cured you applied the white cure it then builder or one step then the pink then more one step the finisher.:rolleyes:
Cant wait to here from you!!!

Hi Heaven ,

Please don't feel stupid . It is only by asking questions that we all learn ( myself included)

When was the last time you changed your bulbs ? If you have not changed them in the four years then boy is that going to contribute to lifting . When replacing your bulbs also make sure that you get a GOOD make like Slyvania or Phillips. believe it or not ther eis a vast differnce in the quality of bulbs out there

Ok re your overlays . You can either use the French Tip, Nail Art white or Natural tip. The french tip is a softer white and the White Art is a bright white . Natural tip gives a lovely natural cream.It really just depends on the look your customers want

You should prep the nail as normal then apply bonder 'thinnly' to the nail and cure .If the nail looks 'wet' then you have applied too much bonder. After curing applying your chosen product for french , cure, apply builder,1 Step OR Extreme, cure, wipe off tacky layer then file to perfect shape, wipe with cleanser ensuring that all the cleanser has evaparated before you apply your final coat . In your case this would be the pink. There is NO need to apply another coat over the pink. This defeats the object.

Your choices for your final coat over the french could be Pink, Supershiny ,Sparkle or 1 Step

Hope that this helps but feel free to ask if you need more

Karen

Well I realy feel stupid now!!!
Iwent on line to check for light elegence and I found some things that I have been doing wrong that could cause lifting!!! Whats worst is that this is how we were taught. It realy pissed me off. :mad: First I have not been using the light elegence cleanser. Ive been using diluted alcohol. Also I havent been using there wipes either just regular paper towels cut up in squares. This is what was taught to us by the so called Light elegence teacher...:irked: So there are 2 things that will cause lifting. As for my lamp it is from light elegence. So now ive been reconsidering changing I feel I should give it another chance. I will change my bulbs and i want to re order some product. Can I ask you a few questions? Forms are not to popular here, but overlays are very popular. Which white would you recomend more for overlays? Also my client love the pink should i apply it at the end or more at the beginnig? We were taught that after the bonder had cured you applied the white cure it then builder or one step then the pink then more one step the finisher.:rolleyes:
Cant wait to here from you!!!

Was it genuinely a Light Elegance tutor? That is dreadful that you have been given wrong info. :rolleyes::smack:

I'm going to touch base on a few things. First off, do you know if the educator you had was actually one that had gone through LE's educator training? You should find out if this person is still teaching for them and then you need to write them and let them know about your experience. I know that the owners of the company would not want their products being taught incorrectly. Now I'm in the states, oregon to be exact. And I live in the town that LE is from. I know the owners (Jim and Lezlie). I do her pedicures :)
That said, they should know about your experience. Hop on their website..
Light Elegance Nail Products and drop them an email.
I'm going to second changing your bulbs. This can cause so much lifting if they are old.
About bonder. Their bonder formulation now is to be applied so that it covers the nail well. It can look wet but no puddles at all. It needs a full 2min cure. They also have a new white calle Swedish White. It is very bright. Works well for overlays. Here are the steps I would do with the SW.
Cleanse nail, prep nail with 100/180 file, cleanse, apply bonder, cure.
You can apply pink as a base, very thin, cure.
Then use builder, 1 step, or extreme. I prefer extreme, it is very strong and I get less lift with it. Build up the shape you want for the nail, then cure, cleanse and shape. Refine the nail to how you want the finished shape to be.
Clease nail and apply one coat of Super shiney and cure, do not cleanse dispertion layer.
Then in a VERY thin coat apply swedish white over the supershiney, clean up your smile line and cure. Swedish white has to be applied very thin or it will not get a full cure becuase it is very pigmented.
Apply another coat of Super Shiney over the cured white and the rest of the nail, cure, cleanse, cuticle oil.
This is just one method for a french overlay. SW is more like a paint on white gel.
Here is a guide for the uses of their whites.
Sculpting nails with forms: French Tip or Natural Tip (these are the only ones strong enough)
Overlays or tips: french tip, natural tip, swedish white, white art
Paint on white: Swedish White.

Another tip, make sure you always clease the nails before you start filing at the very begining. otherwise those oils can get on your file and will be deposited on the nails throughout the service. And never touch a cleased nail or you are putting more oils on the nail, thus effecting adhesion of the gels.

ok :) I'm done. Let me know if you have more questions.

~Liz

Latest posts

Back