I need hot wax advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Hollie

Reaction score
So after 10 years of warm waxing, my clients are all begging for the so called pain free hot wax ...finally got it in ..well turns out its not pain free I carried out a Brazilian ...absolute agony and i can garentee she wont rebook, her skin got stuck to the disposable thong then got stuck together, what am I doing wrong, I used talc and done small areas, xx

Hi Miss Hollie
Like you I have been doing intimate waxing very sucessfully for a long time with warm wax. I was getting lots of calls wanting hot wax.
I was very tempted to 'Have a go' with hot wax but decided that I wanted to be 100% sure I was doing it right so I have just done the Kim Lawless course last week.
For a start you don't want to be using talc or knickers for that matter.
My advice to you is book yourself on a good course. It is a lot harder than you think but definately is much more comfortable for the client.

contact Kim - its well worth the cost

Hot wax is fantastic when used properly and I promise your clients will prefer it and love you for it :)

Instead of using talc you need to apply a very thin layer of light oil to the skin prior to the wax. If you feel you have applied too much then simply blot with a tissue before proceeding.

This protects the skin and enables you to easily remove the wax but it doesn't stop the wax adhearing to the hair.

Also don't be afraid to apply a large enough area of wax, lots of tiny strip won't be pleasant for your client and of course will make the service time longer.

So after 10 years of warm waxing, my clients are all begging for the so called pain free hot wax ...finally got it in ..well turns out its not pain free I carried out a Brazilian ...absolute agony and i can garentee she wont rebook, her skin got stuck to the disposable thong then got stuck together, what am I doing wrong, I used talc and done small areas, xx

For a start you need to get out of the habit of calling it "pain free wax". You are ripping the hair out by it's root - it will NEVER be pain free no matter how marvellous the wax or the waxer!!

Everyone on here is right, training is what you need - and there's no excuse, Kim is up the road to you... :lol:

Good luck

Ha! Totally argree with una escarlata - by it's very nature, no wax is ever going to be pain-free :eek:

Again, to echo everyone else, no amount of advice on here (no matter how good) is ever going to be able to replace a good, solid refresher course. It's a safe bet to say that, after ten years of non-stop strip wax and the continuous developments in the industry, that you'll learn things you never knew you could learn!

Out of interest - what hot wax did you use?

Definitely get on a course that teaches hot wax! It's a very different fish to warm wax by a mile! Might also sound like you didn't give it enough time to set once you'd applied it and the thickness of the wax you applied might also have had something to do with the result...

does anyone know if kim does any course near surrey or is it in one set place, and if so where is it based! i have heard so many good things about kims courses!

Latest posts

Back