I need your help on some products!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g5m_sh

Reaction score
Hola Geeks...

I am needing some professional advice on some skin products.

I am wanting to offer professional skin care products for my clients to buy.

Bearing in mind,

• I live in Seaham... Most people dont have/want to spend a fortune on skin products.
  • We have hard water
  • Most of my clients buying the products will just have had a spray tan
Hope i am not asking for the impossible...

Thanks xx

let me have a look at my solan brochures for ideas and I will get back to you:hug:

Magic mitt on it's way xx

I wouldn't reccommend selling skincare products to your clients without the relevant training tbh.

How are you going to be able to recognise your clients skin type & reccommend the best products for them?

Its a bit like me stocking haircare products I wouldn't have a clue what to reccommend or what would be best for their hair !!

I hate i agree post,but i have to say i do agree with Juiliette.

Do you mean facial ranges and the like? Can't you start by retailing the Tantrick products and also some products to go with your waxing?

Is that like Seaham Harbour? I lived in Whitley Bay for a few years as a kid and I have some fab memories of that part of the country.

I wouldn't reccommend selling skincare products to your clients without the relevant training tbh.

How are you going to be able to recognise your clients skin type & reccommend the best products for them?

Its a bit like me stocking haircare products I wouldn't have a clue what to reccommend or what would be best for their hair !!
I have to say I agree with Juliettes comments,you cant just get some products in(even with recommendation from professional beauty therpaists)then sell them to your clients.

Most skincare ranges(well...the good ones)wouldn't let you stock their products anyway,not without the relevant training.

Perhaps you could do some skin care training,that way you would know how to recognise clients needs etc.HTH:hug:

Maybe I am reading this wrongly but I took the question to be Body Skin Care to complement the spray tan!

Maybe I am reading this wrongly but I took the question to be Body Skin Care to complement the spray tan!
Not sure Angela,dosn't Tantrick offer body treatments like St Tropez??

Yes Tantrick offer the Karma range and Gemma said her clients found them a bit expensive in another thread which is why I assumed the question was body care:hug:

Hola Geeks...

I am needing some professional advice on some skin products.

I am wanting to offer professional skin care products for my clients to buy.

Bearing in mind,

• I live in Seaham... Most people dont have/want to spend a fortune on skin products.
  • We have hard water
  • Most of my clients buying the products will just have had a spray tan
Hope i am not asking for the impossible...

Thanks xx
Skincare training is vital if you want to pursue skin care seriously.

Your local college should offer ITEc or VTCT in beauty therapy,or there is a seperate module for facial treatments.

All course wether undertaken IMO should be over a period of time,and over several months.

However if funds and resources are limited...then i would wait tbh to when you have the funds...:)

Skincare is an immense subject,there is alot of anatomy and physiology to learn,so many skin types and conditions to look at when retailing different products and the APPROPRIATE products for your clientele,adapted to thier specific needs and concerns.

Once learning skin care its addictive...like nails and nail care...its always a learning process,you can never stop learning:eek::lol:

Only then once you have completed your basic learning from your nationally recognised qualification...and i say basic,because it gives you the "grounding"....you can then and only then go on to train with a specific skin care salon brand.

This should apply to reputable brands that offer facial and or body treatments.

However if you only want to retail products....i still think some sort of training is advisable...wether it be body or face.:green:

Yes Tantrick offer the Karma range and Gemma said her clients found them a bit expensive in another thread which is why I assumed the question was body care:hug:
I see:green:I think most professional body care products are expensive and most you have to start with a reasonable starting order.

Maybe Sally's would have something at the lower end of the market that may tempt clients on a lower budget.HTH

let me have a look at my solan brochures for ideas and I will get back to you:hug:

Magic mitt on it's way xx

Thanks xx

Do you mean facial ranges and the like? Can't you start by retailing the Tantrick products and also some products to go with your waxing?

Is that like Seaham Harbour? I lived in Whitley Bay for a few years as a kid and I have some fab memories of that part of the country.

Yeah - Sunny Seaham Harbour. Its all changed now to what it was, even 5 yr ago!

To complement there spray tan and to use after...

Skincare training is vital if you want to pursue skin care seriously.

Your local college should offer ITEc or VTCT in beauty therapy,or there is a seperate module for facial treatments.

All course wether undertaken IMO should be over a period of time,and over several months.

However if funds and resources are limited...then i would wait tbh to when you have the funds...:)

Skincare is an immense subject,there is alot of anatomy and physiology to learn,so many skin types and conditions to look at when retailing different products and the APPROPRIATE products for your clientele,adapted to thier specific needs and concerns.

Once learning skin care its addictive...like nails and nail care...its always a learning process,you can never stop learning:eek::lol:

Only then once you have completed your basic learning from your nationally recognised qualification...and i say basic,because it gives you the "grounding"....you can then and only then go on to train with a specific skin care salon brand.

This should apply to reputable brands that offer facial and or body treatments.

However if you only want to retail products....i still think some sort of training is advisable...wether it be body or face.:green:

If i had to go to my local collage for some skin care training i would come out with a drug addiction.... not a qualification!!

Am not trying to take all you skin professionals job off you with out any training. I am simply wanting to offer a skin care range to my clients for them to use with the spray tan!!!

I see:green:I think most professional body care products are expensive and most you have to start with a reasonable starting order.

Maybe Sally's would have something at the lower end of the market that may tempt clients on a lower budget.HTH

I think i am gonna have to find all the spray tan ranges and see what they offer, cos i think they will have exactly what i am looking for.

Tantrick do offer a rage but its quite pricey. I want to be able to make a but ££ off selling the range.

Thanks for all your replies

To be fair I dont think the staff in boots, or bodyshop or even virgin vie have VTCTs!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon she only wants to sell skincare to help the tan last!!!!

The TanTrick range is not cheap admittedly, but its not the most expensive either.....and its main purpose is to compliment the tan.....I will show you these on Tuesday and trust me.....you will look no further!!!

To be fair I dont think the staff in boots, or bodyshop or even virgin vie have VTCTs!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon she only wants to sell skincare to help the tan last!!!!

The TanTrick range is not cheap admittedly, but its not the most expensive either.....and its main purpose is to compliment the tan.....I will show you these on Tuesday and trust me.....you will look no further!!!

Well of course they don't thats the difference between a beauty shop and a beauty salon !!

A beauty therapist will reccommend products for your skin type and KNOW why a certain product will/won't work in a shop they don't get that training.

Gemma, If you just want body products to enhance/compliment the tan then I would go with the range that your tanning company reccommends.

Well of course they don't thats the difference between a beauty shop and a beauty salon !!

A beauty therapist will reccommend products for your skin type and KNOW why a certain product will/won't work in a shop they don't get that training.

Exactly.........she didnt say she wanted to be the next skincare expert or even mention that she wanted to recommend products to compliment the tan!!

Everyone seems to jump straight onto the "oooh you need training" bandwagon.......

She will have training, and she will be able to recommend appropriate products!

Everyone is so defensive!! Chill out!!

Yes we have all trained well, some more than others but calm down everyone!! May I also add what courses and qualifications to take is totally matter of opinion, a qualification is a qualifiaction and if you have worked for it you have earnt it! And are...QUALIFIED!!

Exactly.........she didnt say she wanted to be the next skincare expert or even mention that she wanted to recommend products to compliment the tan!!

Everyone seems to jump straight onto the "oooh you need training" bandwagon.......

Yes we have all trained well, some more than others but calm down everyone!! May I also add what courses and qualifications to take is totally matter of opinion, a qualification is a qualifiaction and if you have worked for it you have earnt it! And are...QUALIFIED!!
Maybe because we are passionate skin care therapists...LMAO:lol:

If Gemma wants to undertake a skin care course with her training company then thats fine...maybe you should contact the company themselves gemma and enquire?

Must admit i read it thinking you wanted to retail a professional facial/skincare range.

Maybe people jump straight onto the "Ooooh you need training bandwagon"as you call it because this is a site for professionals isn't it??So yes training is extremely important and I couldn't disagree more over your statement claiming a qualification is a qualification,on paper maybe but in theory no...hence why some qualifications aren't recognised by certain insurance companies.

Latest posts

Back