I need your HELP... Please...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Surrey my clients dependant on their ages are as follows:

Teens up to 25

Shape - Square
Length - just past the free edge
Color/type - pink and white a hand full depending on their jobs, school go for a little bit of 'funky stuff'.
toes - always big nail art - something new - they want it.

26 and over

Shape - Oval (most dislike square)
Length - ask my advise, and generally go with the ideal length.
Color/type - colored polish, depending on the season colors or what they wear.
Toes - either matching their finger nails in color or a delicate nail art - a couple go very outlandish.

90% ACRYLIC
10% OTHER.
hope this helps, this sounds like an interesting read when worked out and completed. Have fun getting all the info. :) :)

The % of my clients want L&P pink and white, square at a recommended length, but some like to copy me and have long quare airbrushed designed.

hope this os of help

Hi Mrs Geek,

Scotland here, 30% natural manicures with a french usually creme puff and negligee, 70% french look acrylics soft white getting very popular, length just above free edge and squoval or oval. Clients seem to be going for the more natural looking nail.

I live in South Wales, most of my clients ( about 80%) prefer a totaly natural look, with natural tips and a saquare shape... all these prefer to have the corners slightly rounded. The other 20% like P&W with tips or their natural nails, again most prefer a slightly more squared nail.

My client base is aged between 17 and 70. I have had more than six hundred clients through my door since starting one year ago... the majority only come in for their special occassions though as this is not a wealthy area, and we have a lot of competition.

Sue

these are the results from the East Anglia area

(opps I thought i was on record of the year for a moment :o )

Ladies over 50 seem to go for very natural looking oval shape with an enamel over the top - very few of them have french manicure.

Generally the 20-30 somethings go for a vast array of items. French Manicure square, glitter colours (although this has died a little after christmas - but seeing as im wearing it this week that might change) and airbrushing - airbrushing on natural tips and over the top of french.

The length - well we generally advise them on starting off fairly short and let them grow with their own nails - we have not had any complaints yet!

Toes - we done a lot of glitter acrylic on them last year as well as french and it went down a storm - the only problem I had with them was soaking off - it was hard to get them in the soak off bowl - but we got there.

hope this helps.

Heidi

Thank you ALL for your great responses - that was marvellous!!! There is a great range here and thank you Sue from S. Wales - wasn't sure if I'd have anyone from Wales but this has been a massive help - YOU CAN ALL CHILL NOW!! :biggrin: Will know soon enough if I can spill the beans!!!:o :eek: :biggrin: :?: :biggrin:

Hi Samantha,

I know you said we can 'chill now' but have noticed you have no statistics from Manchester, so here goes :p

20% Soft White and pink (usually the more mature ladies)
65% White and pink
15% Nail art or coloured acrylics

35% Square shape
45% Squoval
20% Oval

Looking forward to reading all about it!
Mel xx

MJ's World of Beauty said:
Hi Samantha, I know you said we can 'chill now' but have noticed you have no statistics from Manchester, so here goes :p
Ahhh thanks Mel - that's great!! ;)

Mrs Geek said:
I have been asked to write a section of a book that will be coming out later in the year; I was going to tell you all who the writer is but I'm not actually sure if I can:rolleyes: (you all know this person:green: though). Anyway, it is about NAILS (duhh of course) in the UK and 'this person' has 10 people from across the globe writing their two-penneth on their own countries likes and dislikes...

OK cut-to-the-chase Samantha... :rolleyes: :idea:
I need to know...what nail styles - meaning shape, length, colour (pink/white, all one colour, nail art, coloured l+p/gel...yadda yadda) do your clients lean towards?? Is it what they want?? or is what you provide??? In Leeds, many clients are loving the almond and stiletto look with coloured tips and pink middles but I would love feedback from around the UK if possible - this obviously includes our Scottish, Welsh and Irish Geeks. Many thanks to those of you who reply!!

...:rolleyes: and I know what you are all like so before you ask - I shall be thanking the UK Geeks/Geekettes rather than individulas!!! Thanks again:biggrin:

Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire border here!!

I'd say my clients ask for....

35% Pink & Soft white
35% Perfect Pink & White
25% pink & a coloured glitter tip
5% clear/pink

50% like to stick with a simple french look
45% like nail art on their french nails
5% like enamel and then nail art on all 10 nails

80% like the square look (at a 'natural' looking length)
20% like almond shaped nails

Many of my customers love it when I have a new product 2 try, 3 of them are sporting 'Ruby Slippers!' and a couple of them have 'Twilight' tips at the moment.

Hope this helps :)

Jenny - Nails

Jenny-Nails said:
Many of my customers love it when I have a new product 2 try, 3 of them are sporting 'Ruby Slippers!' and a couple of them have 'Twilight' tips at the moment. Hope this helps :) Jenny - Nails
Thank you Jenny (wish we still had the salute smiley man:rolleyes: ) :green: :green:

I have found that 95% of my clients want permanment french look with square free edge and the other 5% prefer natural with a free edge to mirror the cutilce - nail art only worn for special occassions....preferred colours - deep pinks, for Dewsbury/Wakefield area... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back