I need your opinions!!! please take a look.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gellish76

Reaction score
Hello geeks...
Im writing here because I dont know what to do! I have a lady who does hair in the salon I work in, She has had me do her nails before but she is a picker (I think) because like a week later she has the nails i did off and others put on,,, then like another week later she wont have any nails. She has finally come to me and asked if I could trade her services to get her nails done again. I do Extreme acrylic dip system with tips, thats the only acylic I offer! I really dont know if this system is good for hair dressers or not or if its prone to lifting because hands are always in water? She says she has problems with nails lifting and breaking off no matter what kind of acrylic she gets.
Normally I have my clients who do extreme come back every 2 weeks for rebase and I charge $25.00, She has asked me if she comes every week to keep up on nails she thinks they will last longer and she wont pick off or have to keep getting new set. The only problem I have is that she asked if she gets a discount for coming every week compared to every 2 weeks, this is where I need your help :irked: it will still take me same time because is will be scheduled under rebase time slot and I cant book any other client during that time she comes in every week, What would you do in my situation? would you charge half of $25.00 = $12.50? even tho I have a 1 hour time slot taken no matter what?
Also is there any other product that you think would work better on her? I only offer Bio sculpt overlay on natural nails, not over tips, gelish and extreme overlay or over tips. I was told Bio Sculpt is to flexible for tips?

Anyways sorry for going on and on.. but IDK what to do....

Hello geeks...
Im writing here because I dont know what to do! I have a lady who does hair in the salon I work in, She has had me do her nails before but she is a picker (I think) because like a week later she has the nails i did off and others put on,,, then like another week later she wont have any nails. She has finally come to me and asked if I could trade her services to get her nails done again. I do Extreme acrylic dip system with tips, thats the only acylic I offer! I really dont know if this system is good for hair dressers or not or if its prone to lifting because hands are always in water? She says she has problems with nails lifting and breaking off no matter what kind of acrylic she gets.
Normally I have my clients who do extreme come back every 2 weeks for rebase and I charge $25.00, She has asked me if she comes every week to keep up on nails she thinks they will last longer and she wont pick off or have to keep getting new set. The only problem I have is that she asked if she gets a discount for coming every week compared to every 2 weeks, this is where I need your help :irked: it will still take me same time because is will be scheduled under rebase time slot and I cant book any other client during that time she comes in every week, What would you do in my situation? would you charge half of $25.00 = $12.50? even tho I have a 1 hour time slot taken no matter what?
Also is there any other product that you think would work better on her? I only offer Bio sculpt overlay on natural nails, not over tips, gelish and extreme overlay or over tips. I was told Bio Sculpt is to flexible for tips?

Anyways sorry for going on and on.. but IDK what to do....

Well thinking positively about what could help you, why don't you use this client and work together on a new system that will expand your knowledge and skills and then she will be getting something our of it and so will you.

Perhaps go onto a stronger longer lasting gel that will increase your service menu or get to grips with L&P? Seems to me you are offering little choice to your clients and only a certain section of clients cope well with the kind of overlays you do. You could both work together for each others benefit. :green:

Well thinking positively about what could help you, why don't you use this client and work together on a new system that will expand your knowledge and skills and then she will be getting something our of it and so will you.

Perhaps go onto a stronger longer lasting gel that will increase your service menu or get to grips with L&P? Seems to me you are offering little choice to your clients and only a certain section of clients cope well with the kind of overlays you do. You could both work together for each others benefit. :green:
Yes so true Geeg... But I really only have so little to choose from because i like to offer more natural nail services. The smells of alot of products drive my nose crazy.. so then its stuffed or dripping 100% of time. So hard to work with a drippy nose lol :eek:

also she has tried things at other salons and they all lift or she picks them off :(

Yes so true Geeg... But I really only have so little to choose from because i like to offer more natural nail services. The smells of alot of products drive my nose crazy.. so then its stuffed or dripping 100% of time. So hard to work with a drippy nose lol :eek:

also she has tried things at other salons and they all lift or she picks them off :(

Sorry to butt in, you could always wear a mask.

Hi Hun, I would still offer her a trade if you don't want to offer her a discount for coming weekly. Maybe she could give you a free blowdry weekly (doesn't cost her anything much) and maybe a cut and colour once a month?? Just a thought, but boy, would I LOVE a trade like that!:) xx

Dont know if this helps but i only use l&p or bio on hairdressers. Bio being the gentle, natural nail option. My gel polish (gelez) didnt last a minute!

Even then, nothing seems to last as long on hairdressers, they always have the worst nails, the upkeep can be costly for them.

When their nails get naked and then in water all day they are tempted to nibble at them and they will be weak and split and catch in the clients hair.

So you gota stress to the lady to come as soon as anything chips, falls of etc. She will need to be aware its a costly upkeep, but her other option is chipped, breaking nails all the time.

If you do her a good price and a long lasting product, she will return, she will be hooked ;) and then you can be confident what hairdressers and other "water dippers" can have on their nails and promote it!!

Good luck! let me know what you use in the end as i have a fair few hairdressers in my salon ;)

Hi, the girls in my salon wear l&p and dont seem to have any problems. One of the girls has been wearing shellac successfully for the last 2 months too. I do my bosses toes with either shellac or minx and in return she colours and cuts my hair. I think i definately get the better bargain ha ha ha x

Hmmm I offer gelish and it does last long but I don't do l&p i only offer acrylic dip system "extreme" I offer more natural nail services but if some one wants tips I do the extreme powder dip. But it don't seem to last as long as L&P.

Hi I also use gelish. Hand & Nail Harmony also do gel extensions (not a full overlay). You can use this which is called Reveal along the free edge, then overlay with gelish. I find this works well for hairdressers and clients with paper thing nails to stop seperation at the free edge.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back