I seem to be fighting what my hair wants to do

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
OK, for some time I have been trying for the type of very long grown out fringe that starts with a low parting and sweeps across quite low, covering most of the forehead apart from a kind of triangle on the parting side, iykwim, and then blends in with the rest of the hair at the sides. A lot of folk seem to have their hair like this atm.

Does this sort of style require a certain type of hair? Mine is thick but very fine and does not happily sit like this at all. Maybe for a photo, but not once I actually start living my life. It just flops, really, and I pull it back to tuck it behind my ear, or clip it on top.

Would I be better to opt for something else or is it all in the cut?

I know your pain I wanted this sooooo much and keep having it cut back in then growing it out then back in then out. It works when my hair dresser does it but I can't make it work.

Lots of hairspray, your hair will never sit like it naturally

Oops sorry for posting in wrong forum.

Hairspray won't hold it . . .

LauraJ if that's you in your photos on your profile page then my hair sits just like yours

Just wondering whether to persevere any longer and ask for layers/feathering or whatever or give up and change style?

Thank you z

Well I'm having another go this time and then I may give up after this I will let you know what happens with it next thursday

Latest posts

Back