I signed my lease today!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cute Tips

Mastering it Geek!
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I dont post all too often on here - although I am here most nights geeking away to myself but i have to post this today other wise I think I will burst!

I signed the lease on a shop in town today....and it is alllllllllllllllll mine!

I cant begin to tell you how excited and nervous i am.......I have been after this for so long now.....I never thought I would ever have the gutts to do it!

I have got 6 weeks rent free which is great, it gives me time to get set up and open.

I am after ANY advice, tips, hints, ANYTHING that any of you salon owners can give me!!!!!!! From the best insurers go with to which till to use! PM me if you like.

It is going to be a Creative salon with just little old me to begin with. There will be 2 treatment rooms. 1 for myself to provide waxing treatments and the other to rent out to my friend who does reflexology and massage. I have no idea what to charge for the room, so any input on this one would be great.

Im going to call the salon 'Perfect Endings' - i hope you like!

Luv Becky

i know how you are feeling i signed my lease back in Jan
i havent looked back.... got my grad opening next sat (21st)

its all soooo exciting......good luck :)
just try nt to rush everything ive been taking my time with the salon and gradually its all coming together well its all gotta be tip top b4 next week....lol

if you wanna pm me feel free

Jess
xox

hiya sorry i have no tips for you but just like to say CONGRATULATIONS AND YOU GO GIRL , i wish you all the best for the future:D im sure it will be a succes

sorry im home based, but if think your name, is fantastic, and think you are so lucky, im sure you are going to enjoy every moment, good luck for the future you and your freind. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Congratulations Becky, you must be sooooo pleased :D
xxx

Well done Becky! If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Wishing you congratulations and every success for the future.

CONGRATULATIONS & GOOD LUCK FOR THE FUTURE!

Well done and good luck :) Love the name you have chosen

Hugs Jeanne xxx

woo hoo becky congratulations.....lurvvvvvvve the name :D

Thanks so much for the support everyone.

Can anyone give me any advice on a round about figure to charge for a room?

The room is approx 8ft by 7ft, with a sink basin, shelfing and furniture. I will be advertising my friends services in both the windows and stationary wise. She can have space for retail ect in the main salon area and shared usage of all the refreshments utilities.

Tell me if im missing any essential things here!

Thanks again

Becky

I am not from your neck of the woods but around my area it would be c£80 per week.

NailNovice2 said:
I am not from your neck of the woods but around my area it would be c£80 per week.

Thanks Chris....This is probably a little steap for where i am.......there is another salon on the other side of my town offering space and a room to rent, i might give her a call posing as someone wanting the room - just to she what she is asking.
Do you think this is a bit cheeky?......or would you do the same?

hi Becky
i used to rent a room when i first went self employed and i was paying £50 aweek. all i had to pay on top of that was electric.( also i had my own phone line fitted in.)
i think thats a far amount, when you think it works out at just under a tenner a day.
Designer Nails do Insurance, give them a call to send you more details.
its all very exciting when you sign your lease and i was so nervous but i knew it would work. i wish you all the best in your new salon ''Perfect Endings''.
and what ever the amount you decide on how much to charge for the room, make sure you put it in writing and you both sign it.
Good luck.xx

Would not have a clue regarding rent but thought I would wish you lots of Luck and I love the name

Latest posts

Back