I sure do pick them

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashleigh_21x

Reaction score
Employers - I'm sure everyone that's read my previous topics knows the situation I'm in at the moment.

If you haven't here's a quick update, this is a bit of a rant, and also I need help as to how to word this email I'm sending today.

I have been working in a spa for 9 months now and about 4 months ago was asked to be head therapist/salon manager with the idea that if things went well i would get a review meeting and a wage increase. My days off are a Saturday and Sunday (if I actually ever get them) I work 50+ hours a week and I bend over backwards for them. There are no systems in place, and when you try to put systems in place they get edgy and agree, within a few weeks they are forgotten about. I've done 3 stock takes this month as they didn't follow the spreadsheets I made up. My post previously was about me going away for the weekend and my employer telling me she needed me. I stood my ground and had a nice weekend. We agreed I would only work weekends if I had been asked well in advance and was able to do them and get a break off during the week.

So similar situation again geeks, I popped in the diary I couldn't work this weekend (my employer asked on Friday last week if I could work the 31st, we have a pamper party in - I said I would check and get back to her) so when I put that in the diary (online - she checks from home) I couldn't work I get a phone call about 10 mins later from her saying she was concerned as to why I couldn't work. I said me and my partner had plans, and she then said no you said you could work Saturday and Sunday, This is our biggest weekend yet and we didn't have a great month so I need you. I said I doubt I would have agreed to work both my days off with nothing blocked out all of next week, her reply "we can work something out" so I got off the phone and I actually was embarrassed. Does she think I forgot our conversation 3 days ago? I am being used and abused, completely taken advantage of, and to make it worse I went to the doctors last week (was meant to have a meeting with employer regarding this as its now taken a turn for the worse) I have RSI in my left wrist and its carpal tunnel, if things don't improve I will need steroid injections and if this doesn't work eventually surgery. I do quite a large amount of massage and literally have to stop within 15 mins as I am in so much pain. Employer told me she would be in to speak to me either Tuesday or Wednesday and she's been a no show both days, I know she's avoiding me as I will have to tell her I can no longer do massage while I try to get the wrist sorted. As she's never in I am having to write an email today, and I want to tell her I am stepping down from my position as head therapist because of the pressure I am put under and the work I am expected to do. And also to bring up the issue of my wrists.

I am so angry and upset, especially with myself. I feel like a child, not a grown up woman. I've been crying all morning, my mum wanted to call my boss to tell her I'm not in for the next couple of days because of exhaustion. I am at a total loss, I am looking for a new job, but I need to do this now for my own sanity.

So sorry it's such a long post. I need to rant and I know you geeks are so awesome and understanding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ash xxxx

OMG I feel for you. It's so hard. I hope something else comes up soon for you. Big hugs. X

Sorry to hear u r still having problems. I think it's a good idea u r stepping down. It's not like u will be out of pocket. I hope the next person in your role is a total bitch. It will serve them right!
Bullet point your issues.
Keep it short and sweet but sharp and to the point. For added strength say your stepping down with immediate effect!
Do not apologies in any way!
Best of luck

I agree they total taking advantage of you and know it. I would stand down from this position and make sure your employer knows the reasons why. If they try to thro you a bone to keep you sweet make sure its a big juicy one or stand your ground. ;-) let us know how you get on

Thanks geeks, I am just feeling so sorry for myself! I need to grow a pair and tell them how i feel!

Will let you know how the email goes :|

Ash xxx

This is a bad boss who cares nothing for you.
Look for another salon and give notice.
Your mind and body are not worth it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SalonGeek mobile app

This sounds awful.

I think if you have been put into this new role with no wage increase or new contract it would be perfectly acceptable for you to simply say that it isn't working out for you and you will be reverting to your original role with immediate effect.

I would probably just leave it that to avoid unneccessary confrontation. I'm sure she will be aware of the issues you have had without you having to to go into any details.

Aw Hun :( at least you have us geeks to help you through this hard time.

<3 you know what's best, you just have to go and do it! I know it's hard for you to say how you feel but least you'll let her know how you feel and she might realise what she's doing to you!

Xx

Weekends are normally working days in industry but that aside, it sounds like your boss isn't playing fair and that's what matters here.

Having read your previous posts i think you'll feel better looking for another job. All jobs have their downsides but it sounds like your current one is pushing what you're prepared to put up with.

Your health (body and mind) are much more important, please look after yourself and you have to do what is the best thing for you. I have left my full time job for lots of reasons and now have a great part time job and allows me to do nails the rest of the time so I know how you are feeling. Please keep us in the loop and we are all here for you x

Latest posts

Back