I think I broke my airbrush!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I take my airbrush apart all the time to clean and always remove needle before taking of the nozzle. Maybe when you removed the nozzle it cross threaded.

You can usually buy replacement parts and should be able to buy the nozzle seperatley it shouldnt cost too much.

Cristine :)

Josephine

Reaction score
Hello

I am in help of advice and friends to listen.

Whilst cleaning my airbrush as it wasn't working properly, I removed the very tip of the airbrush where the needle just shows, to clean throughly. Only now it will not go back on and I think Its broke :evil: :( Its not an iwata or badger but still done my airbrushing good.

I am throughly peed off but on the bright side it a good excuse to go shopping ( But I am not really laughing)

My question is have I broken my airbrush?

Please help

All advice is appreciacted

Josephine

Ps sorry about spelling mistakes but spellcheck isn't working

The bit you removed is called the fluid nozzle tip. I always advsie my trainees to keep a spare one as you are more like to have a problem with that than the actual needle. (Mind you you shouldn't really have any problems with either if you know what you are doing.)

When you say it won't go back on what exactly do you mean?

Remove the needle completely before trying to re-assemble the tip. It is possible that you have pushed the need further than the fluid nozzle tip would normally allow.

If you have over tightened the fluid nozzle tip there is a possiblity that the tread may have broken off in the barrel. You need to remove this before you can repalce it with a new one. Use a pointed craft or masking knife ( you may be able to use a very sharp pointed pair of scissors). Place it into the barrel of the gun as far as it will go and unscrew it - it should bring the broken tread with it. If this is the case you have no option but to replace it.

I always advise people not to remove this bit unless they have a problem - if you are using good quality paints and cleaning thorougly as you go, you should need to dismantle it and soak or scrape.

Best wishes

Pat

Hello

Thank you for your replies. I took my airbrush to the nail place (thank you cristine) and they fixed it for me. Apparently I broke the nozzle thread inside the holder. Lucky they were able to fix it :D

Josephine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back