I think I'm being backstabbed!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not devise a new rota so that you both work 4 on 4 off or something like that. Or do a alternative shifts each week, for example one week she works monday, wednesday, friday and sunday (along with saturday with you) and the you work Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and then go into the next weeks rota.

Things like this always get messy. How do you work out who pays for the products, rent etc or do you split the cost.

Can you not work the same hours each and whatever you take in the week pay your selves fairly so after your outgoings you get 50% each.

Perhaps your partner dosnt realise she has upset you (she will whn she sees this thread though!). Why not sit down when your quiet and explain how you feel.

To me it seems your upset that she did so well. Would you still have written this thread if she took no money, but still went in every monday just in case?

And as previously said those clients would perhaps rebook on your days too. Just offer a better treatment and they will keep rebooking with you.

Kate

I agree with Kate, would you not be better off working the same hours and splitting the income equally? or is there a reason that you do it that way?

Have you actually talked to her about your concerns? I dont think it is fair on either of you to be talking about this on a public forum and you really need to be talking to each other about it first.

What was her reaction to the concerns you have told us?

In fact her partner gives her a lot of money and pays for things for her and she doesn't pay home rent

As galling as this may be it is not at all relevant to you in a business sense.

Have you actually talked to her about your concerns? I dont think it is fair on either of you to be talking about this on a public forum and you really need to be talking to each other about it first.

What was her reaction to the concerns you have told us?

Oey is right here.
You both have obviously been working hard over the last couple of months, and if you have been working 12 hours 6 or 7 days a week it will take it's toll on you. I have that T shirt lol:lol:

Possibly your initial goals and guidleines have changed as the business has taken shape.
Therefore you and your business partner need to arrange a meeting to sit down and re assess where you are going with the business. Hours, rota's, profit sharing, product lines....etc
Really, you should do this every month, and not just rely on a wee chat every so often between clients.
A proper sit down meeting....take Minutes of the meeting as well to keep a record of what was discussed and agreed on.

You are business women now, and hopefully you will build up a successful business, but communication is key.

Good Luck.

I actually have to say that this is basically the point I was trying to make but after re-reading my post I realise it's not clear... I think I was thinking to quickly qhile typing...

originally we planned to be off mondays and work alternate sundays. We then got busy Sunday so *SOMETHING I DIDNT SAY IN MY ORIGINAL POST* was that *she* actually decided to come in every Sunday (including my Sundays) fair enough... so I come in every Sunday too. Then last week we missed a busy Monday so we said we would see how this week goes and if popular do alternate Mondays. So she came in this Monday and has now decided to work every Monday too... which means shes 'decided' to work my Monday's too! So as Zo Zo was saying, my takings on 'my Monday' are going to halve and I dont want to have to work every Monday to make up for it...

As for all those who said you only get out what you put in... I work tuesday to sunday 10am-10pm!!!! Is this not enough?! The second point being that if we do not offer Mondays, the clients will have no choice but come Tuesday-Sunday (we have a lovely receptionist in the shop who takes their details when were not there.) Hope this makes more sense...

first of all fair play to you for working 10-10 tue to sun and of course you deserve a day off every now and then, secondly about the mondays, i personally rarely make appointments if i want a beauty treatment it is usually last minute decision and if my local beauticians is closed i simply go to the the next one, the same goes for before i became a nail tech i was always a walk in client and would move on if the nearest place was closed.. someone said that it would work well for you both in the long run and i agree with this as these clients may become regulars

I can understand that you want things to be 'fair', but they rarely are when it comes to jobs.

I don't see it as backstabbing, to be honest, if she wants to work more hours.

At the office, if the boss offers overtime, you can say yes or no.
And he has the option of offering it to the next employee.
The work needs to be done, and someone has to do it.

I do get what you mean where it's supposed to be alternate days and it cuts into your wages if she works them.
For the days that should be 'alternate', have a sit down and explain. If there was an original agreement, then she should stick to it.
As for the Monday's that are supposed to be closed...... she's not backstabbing you.
That would be like saying my hubby is backstabbing his full time employer because he chose to take a 2nd job on weekends.

As for your co-workers finances/boyfriend etc... they are neither here nor there, none of our business and have nothing to do with her wanting to work. It's not for us to decide how much money she needs and how many hours she should work.

Have a meeting with her, and work out a schedule that's fair to everyone.
However, keep in mind that if she WANTS to work 6-7 days a week and that's not what you want.... she will do it, one way or the other. In your salon, or elsewhere. Would you want her pulling clients from the salon to go elsewhere?

Good point Vic!

I dont really get this at all having read all the posts - The real problem is YOU! you have these feelings towards her, if you want more money do more hours! I would be happy that you business is open nearly 24/7! I mean for all of those hours if you are busy surely you are bankrolling it?
Now I have just done what you are doing - I presume because you are there 10-10 that you are fully booked like you presume that your colleaugue does not need extra cash! There is only so much overtime that you can take before you realsie you need a life!
Enjoy your days off, change your hours or do more. I think what you need is not to be harbouring bad feelings toward your partner but to change the hours completely. Why do you need to do 10-10? how many clients do you have at different time bands- breakfast, lunchtime, late afternoon and evening? Can you not make a roster that allows you 7 days work but staggar when you come in?

I also find that whatever hours I offer, there is always a client that wants a day and time that I don't offer.
I decided a while ago that I will never please everyone and I need a life, so I have set my hours and rarely go over that although will do if it suits or I want to accomodate a client.
I do not do this for new clients, I only change my hours for regulars.

As a self-employed therapist, I already work 24/7 in my mind, but on paper I work part time. I have to have a life as well and tempting as extra money is, I'm not greedy, I don't want to be a millionare, I want quality of life and earn what I deserve to earn.

Last week was half term, so I made a conscious effort to block out 3 full days. I got 5 requests for treatments from people that had gift vouchers that aren't regulars, I turned them down, wheras if it had been a regular, I would have gone in. I'm done with being a doormat. You don't get any thanks for it.

Latest posts

Back