i think i'm going to be sued.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the word i was trying to think of theresa constructive dismissal nice one x
Shame you wasnt a little nearer as im in Skegness we could have cought up buts its about 1 hour away shame really.Good luck tho xxxx

all very strange! number one it was wrong of your employers to discuss a matter like this over the phone, they should have called to say they needed to see you, so as they had both sides of the story and all the facts. number two you can not be sued as you have not caused any harm to the client.
i am sending you hugs:hug: and hope you get your confidence back real soon.

thanks everyone, i guess things happen for a reason, i hope i can continue to strive to be a good therapist and look upon this as some kind of weird learning curve!

sodabubble,
we have discussed you wanting to leave on this forum. do you think they have got wind of this?

I think you have received great advice from everyone here Soda, and I know it's easy to say, but try not to worry about it. It all sounds very suspicious to me (and a lot of others here), and maybe you've been set up, either by the woman as her competition or your employers. If it makes you feel any better I would have told them to stuff their job too, they should support you in matters like this and not behave as they did.

If Trading Standards don't have any record of a compaint, if you feel up to it then mention this to your employer and ask them to give you details, if Trading Standards had been in touch with them then they surely would have given a contact name, call their bluff, tell them you've spoken to Trading Standards and they know nothing about it - see what they say then.

Don't feel discouraged, take this as an opportunity to start out by yourself if you want to do that, look upon it as the kick you needed to get out of there. Give a few freebies to friends and family to get your confidence back and in time you'll forget about this little episode, things like this happen to all of us, it's just a shame that you got yours when you hadn't long qualified.

Chin up and sod the lot of 'em!!! :wink2:

its possible hippy, although they dont really use the internet, only one of them actually has it. didnt want to leave on a bad note with battered confidence though!

and you could be right jackie - i dont really know much about 'the tricks of the trade' i thought that in this industry the worst you could do was put clients from someone elses column into your own! guess i got a whole lot more to learn huh?

to be fair mate, she lied during consultation, so perhaps her treatment / opinion is void!!

trading standards and even your employer, cant do much because oe person said the thought u didnt know what you were doing.

Maybe SHE doesnt know what she's doing!!!

Who follows a bog standard routine after qualifying anyway?

I would laugh this off to be honest sweetie!

:hug::hug::hug:

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a new therapist working there next week, probably a friend of the owner. (One who leads a double life as a landscape gardener!)

Marion x

oh hun,
you poor thing, none of it makes any sense..and the other girlies are right. you should make it your mission to get to the bottom of it! it sounds so insane to me, a client should always go back to the therapist if she has a problem. sounds to me like she has no life and nothing better to be doing. she had a few massages with you??? she has no case,and i cant imagine trading standards getting involved anyway. maybe ring your college and tell them the situation,maybe they would allow you to do a massage and watch and ensure you that you're not doing anything wrong.

i feel so sorry for ya love, but unfortunately there are those people out there,and people are using insurance to make a quick buck!i know that it has become a huge problem here in ireland thats why insurance is so high!!!
heres a hug for you,feel better soon hun,
:hug:

Sodabubble, I'm so glad to hear you sounding a bit more positive about the situation. You've had some really good advice, I hope you do follow it up and get to the bottom of it. Let us know what happens please. :hug:

thanks a lot everyone! will keep you posted on what happens. personally i think its a bit creepy, to go kiss someone (on the cheek may i add lol) then 3 weeks later whinge about them! will ring my tutor in the morning to get some advice, i think she'll let me sit in on the current class and make sure i am doing it right, thanks again for all your kind words :)

Sorry if I'm repeating what's already been said but:-

1. If you are qualified, that's just her opinion and she'd have to prove it.

2. I would insist in something in writing from Trading Standards as it could have been something cooked up between her and the owner. If they have no record of any complaint, then surely this is fraud and I'd let the owner know that you're taking it further.

3. If the owner has done this to get you to leave, I'd take her for Constructive Dismissal and more.

Start by writing yourself a statement of what exactly happened and what was said on the day of the massage and this week with your boss.

xxxx

Last edited:
first i know nothing about massage,
but i just wanted to say how sorry i feel for you.
you must be feeling sick with worry.
if they have made it all up, i cant believe anyone could be so cruel.

i hope things sort themselves out soon:hug:

Sorry if I'm repeating what's already been said but:-

1. If you are qualified, that's just her opinion and she'd have to prove it.

2. I would insist in something in writing from Trading Standards as it could have been something cooked up between her and the owner. If they have no record of any complaint, then surely this is illegal and I'd let the owner know that you're taking it further.

3. If the owner has done this to get you to leave, I'd take her for Constructive Dismissal and more.

Start by writing yourself a statement of what exactly happened and what was said on the day of the massage and this week with your boss.

xxxx
Just as a add on, if you have the ladies phone number, I would ring her and ask her who she spoke to at trading standards re your complaint, only you would like to get all of this sorted...............Because I think this lady will say that she knows nothing about this, I think your employer has plucked her name out to use when they wanted to get you to quit. If I'm right, 1 you will gain a client for your mobile business and 2 you will have clear grounds to sue for constructive dismissal. and possibly defamation of character. Don't take it lying down hun. :hug:

OK soda glad you are feeling better,

My gut instinct is there is something fishy going on.

I once complained to trading standards, about a business on ebay who sold nail products to trading standards, this is how the call went.

Oh we will record your details about this person and put it on file.

If someone else complains then we will investigate it further. We can't just do anything on your case alone.

Have you phoned consumer direct for advice?

It's also so fishy that your job was advertised on the net 30 mins later.

If thats not a set up I'll eat my hat!

It may be that you can turn it around, like people are saying, it could be your employers fault.

Have you spoken to the CAB???

Keep us updated

PS Have you phoned your insurers????

as Tinky Winky says,

its quite extrodinary that Trades has acted so promptly, as they tend to give out advice first.

I really think your employer is in the wrong for blasting you down the phone like that and putting the onus on you. This should have been done face to face.

I had a phone call from one of the places that I freelanced at once, the owner said she'd had a client on the phone who had reacted to her facial. the owner was a little bit hysterical on the phone, and asked me to ring the client, which I did. the client said that it was where I had applied the grapeseed oil and essential oil to the decolletage area and just wanted me to know straight away so I could make a note on her consultation card.

Anyway. soda, you were about to leave anyway. Its up to you now whether you pursue this or just leave it, but take care of your reputation. Don't let the owner use you as a scapegoat and bad mouth you.

thanks everyone, some good advice there. im supposed to be working 1-5 tomorrow, im a little nervous about going in, im expecting them to tell me get my products and leave as soon as i get there! but i will keep you posted as to what happens. hope some of you that have read this thread will also keep aware, i guess it could happen to anyone!

thanks everyone, some good advice there. im supposed to be working 1-5 tomorrow, im a little nervous about going in, im expecting them to tell me get my products and leave as soon as i get there! but i will keep you posted as to what happens. hope some of you that have read this thread will also keep aware, i guess it could happen to anyone!

Just wanted to say after reading this,try not to be nervous, they have done the dirty on you and you have cleared yourself by ringing trading standards. It all seems too verbal to me, trading standards like everything documented and written, and I truely think that if there had been a genuine complaint about you hun you would have had it in writing.

Chin up tomorrow:hug:

Before I even got started on work I would make sure I got the clients full details from their CRC so that I could find out what exactly her problem is tbh.
It sounds more suspicious every time I read this thread!

You've had some great advice here hun and personally I'd be outraged at this....not beating yourself up.

I think there's a strong possibility that this is more your empolyers agenda and not the clients, and sadly you may have down just what they wanted and jumped.

If so, and has already been advised, you can and should take them for constructive dismissal. I am constantly amazed at the lack of awareness by many in this industry (geeks - this isn't aimed at anyone on here, more the stories I've picked up from badly treated geeks) on employment rights and law, and the way some techs are treated is nothing but shocking, one reason that I plan never to work for anyone else ever again!

Good luck in sorting this out, but please don't let this get you self-doubting. Get tough and fight back!:hug:

Latest posts

Back