i think she used string?!...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlaurax

Reaction score
girls im afraid i dont know what this type of depilation ys called, but i want 2 learn how 2 do it.. im going 2 sound like a twit trying 2 explain myself now but.. they use like a piece of string or something?? and do it really fast?! i think ive only ever seen indian ladies using the method but it looks fab, any ideas what it is and how i can learn? im tempted 2 go and pin hubby down and have a go with sum string ive got in the cubbord :eek:

girls im afraid i dont know what this type of depilation ys called, but i want 2 learn how 2 do it.. im going 2 sound like a twit trying 2 explain myself now but.. they use like a piece of string or something?? and do it really fast?! i think ive only ever seen indian ladies using the method but it looks fab, any ideas what it is and how i can learn? im tempted 2 go and pin hubby down and have a go with sum string ive got in the cubbord :eek:

its called threading and has been popular in some cultures for years and years - it is highly skilled work though so be very careful if you try it.

There has been loads of threads do on "threading" (pardon the pun) so have a search and see what you find. x x x

ah brill thanks oey ill go and look now xx maby i wont get out the string just yet then!

i too want to learn the art of threading but i've been told by a friend who done a one day course that it is very very hard to master

i love the finish you get when you thread eyebrows

my friend tried to show me , and i couldnt get it at all, its very hard :lol: she was a totall whizz at it though , but she had been doing it years , and said you do have to be really carful coz you can cut people etc..

I know NSI do threading courses and it is an indian girl who is the tutor. I saw her at GMex and she was very very good. Take a look at their website as funnily enough I looked yesterday at some courses so I know there are some coming up.

Laura,
pop 'threading' into the search option above because we have discussed this before as I am interested in attending the course too.
I think I put a link on for a live demo on u-tube.

Id love to learn threading, it is a skill.

one of the geeks recommended Salma, she is based in Leeds which wouldn't be too much of a trek from your neck of the woods?
think the link is

www.salmabeauty.co.uk

next dates for their are
Jan 7th
Feb 21st
April 7th

Last edited:
oh no i have had this done once i was in tears...lol i'm a big baby anyway but still it hurt my sister laughted at me the whole time.....lol but i could have her stop i would have looked lop sided

one of the geeks recommended Salma, she is based in Leeds which wouldn't be too much of a trek from your neck of the woods?
think the link is

www.salmabeauty.co.uk

next dates for their are
Jan 7th
Feb 21st
April 7th

Yes Anne, it was me. I trained with Salma at NSI (The Scottish Beauty School) in Glasgow, and she is brilliant.

I can honestly say, it's one of the best things I ever did. I didn't find it hard to master as such, it just takes time to get your speed up. I have never cut anyone and it's extremely popular with my clients.

Go for it laura, you'll love it and so will your clients

Lisa x

Hi I learnt this a few months ago and I agree you need time to get speed up but it is not difficult to learn. The secret is to do it staight after your course and keep practising. I had an Indian client who said that in India they go so fast they can hurt but mainly because they are talking as well! You must get the area taut before threading and it goes a lot easier.:lol:

Latest posts

Back