I told you people dont want to pay for nails here lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
I got a text last night...read this ..

Text...
"got ur num frm girl in local shop.do you still do false nails..if so how much?"

My text back...
"Hi hun,Yes I am a nail technician.prices vary but for normal acrylic nails they are 25 pounds, special offer at the moment x which shop was it? Emma"

Text back...
"the local co op, it was months ago, she said she got them done for 12 pounds think she was a friend of yours. I av had them done in a salon b4 for 25 pound, didnt really want to pay that "

:eek:

my text back....
Yes I used to charge 12 pounds when I was training, that was a long time ago now, I am fully qualified and a registered business now, If you change your mind , feel free to make an appointment, Emma"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:eek::grr::grr::grr:

I doubt I'll get another call......FACE..BOVVERED !!!!
hahahaha

OMG, some people are unbelievable!!:lol:

It infuriates me tbh when I get texts saying....'how much do you charge for acrylic nails?

No intro, just straight into the question and no please or thanks:irked:
I know immeadiately that it's a waste of time. Sometimes (most times) I don't even bother to reply. I just think it's rude! So my response is too.

I agree hun,
I did think this text was rude...and I DONT DO FALSE NAILS aaaarggghhhhh:grr: I create enhancements !!!! lol

I think its a good thing If this person doesnt text back tbh..
But It's not all time wasted.. because I have learned a lesson....people DO keep your number even if its months before you hear from them lol.

Well done for not letting her intimidate you will trying to get them done cheep. Bloody Cheek some people are just chancers they go through life sponging of others and trying to get the very best for next to nothing then have the cheek to be rude and brag about it.:irked:

It might be a good idea to make a poster introducing your business,
with say a few prices and maybe what your offering on the run up to Christmas and ask the manager of the co-op if you can put it up they usually have a notice board at the entrance way.

You could also speak to this girl nicely telling her how youve started your own business, are fully qualified and introduce her to your new price list God did she think you would do them for £12.00 for life????:irked:

If nothing else it will stop her giving out the wrong information. But on the other hand your nails must have been pretty good for this moron to ask about them.

Well done again you did right you earned your qualifications and they dont come easy you started your business bought good products got insured and they still want it for FREE :irked: infuriating!!!!!

Keep your chin up and look to the future when one door closes another opens.

Catherine

I got one this morning that said:

'How much 4 spray tan?"

I haven't replied as yet as it winds me up when they cannot even give me their name. Oh humm.... :irked:

I get annoyed when people ring and their first question is "how much..?"...its so obvious that all they are doing is ringing round to get the cheapest quote...i feel like saying to them "it ain't bloody car insurance you know"...

Hiya

I had a client who bounced a chq on me, i got my money couple of months later.
She keeps sending me txt messages now...saying things like

when are you gonna do my treatment etc
are you there
i know you have moved and want some nails done
how much you gonna charge me
when can i book
can i book in
I want you to txt me times for appointment

I have not replied back to any of these txt messages..i hope that she gives up one day

I did tell her after i fianlly got my money, that i will never treat her again.

It's all part of dealing with the public..most clients are great and some very few are a pain

Jenx

If someone starts the conversation with "how much", after my reply, and without pausing for breath, I will add "but that's for a service with an experienced technician using top quality product, you won't always find that at a bargain price." Usually leads to other questions like "aren't you all the same then". etc etc, but brings you into a conversation which is always better than how much, thanks, goodbye.

She must think you were born yesterday .... oh well Emma, it's her loss NOT yours!

I got a text last night...read this ..

Text...
"got ur num frm girl in local shop.do you still do false nails..if so how much?"

My text back...
"Hi hun,Yes I am a nail technician.prices vary but for normal acrylic nails they are 25 pounds, special offer at the moment x which shop was it? Emma"

Text back...
"the local co op, it was months ago, she said she got them done for 12 pounds think she was a friend of yours. I av had them done in a salon b4 for 25 pound, didnt really want to pay that "

:eek:

my text back....
Yes I used to charge 12 pounds when I was training, that was a long time ago now, I am fully qualified and a registered business now, If you change your mind , feel free to make an appointment, Emma"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:eek::grr::grr::grr:

I doubt I'll get another call......FACE..BOVVERED !!!!
hahahaha
she must think you are a charity not a bussiness!!!!!....what a cheek...some people push there luck ...xxxx

i felt like saying to her...25 pound is bloody cheap..lol.
it was the "well ive had them done in a salon for that much" comment that annoyed me too...like im not worth it and can only charge silly prices because I am working for myself and not in a salon.
well she will probably go and waste her 12 pound now anyway, on a few packs of rubbish sticks ons....:rolleyes::green:

If someone starts the conversation with "how much", after my reply, and without pausing for breath, I will add "but that's for a service with an experienced technician using top quality product, you won't always find that at a bargain price." Usually leads to other questions like "aren't you all the same then". etc etc, but brings you into a conversation which is always better than how much, thanks, goodbye.

Quite right too. Though I would say "won't EVER find that at a bargain BASEMENT price". Makes the too cheap ones sound not as good.

Quite right too. Though I would say "won't EVER find that at a bargain BASEMENT price". Makes the too cheap ones sound not as good.

Yep, you're right, I'll adjust that :lol:

It infuriates me tbh when I get texts saying....'how much do you charge for acrylic nails?

I know immeadiately that it's a waste of time. Sometimes (most times) I don't even bother to reply. I just think it's rude! So my response is too.

same here i had 3 this week x

Good grief Emmsybabes...this was like a blast from the past....remember when you did £12 nails. What a hard time we all gave you when we saw your lovely nails and found out how you undersold them. :o:

Glad you know your worth now!!

I think that just to get the call shows that your work has been noticed...you always get some that try to get a discount etc.
Let her go elsewhere a couple of times for the discount thing and she WILL be back in touch.
Good luck and don't EVER think you have to compete at this price thing.
Your work speaks for itself. x

Some people you don't want her business anyway or anyone she is travling with love the way you ended it though very professional!

Agree with you Bev...it is damn rude. I will not book any new client by text..to me it shows some one who has no idea of manners and ettiquite..who is often after something cheap (as they wont pay for even a phone call) and probably wouldnt bother to keep regular appointments anyway..let alone show up on time, if at all.:rolleyes:
Huge waste of time..stick ons have certainly found thier niche in the market..all the tight asses..with no taste...and there are quite a few of those types around:lol:

Latest posts

Back