I tried the inverted thing too!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxprincess

Reaction score
Just wanted to show you geeks the Inverted nails I tried. I don't have Popits so I used OPI's Structure clear tips. I also used Akzentz Paint on White and Natural Clear gel.

033.jpg

034.jpg

028.jpg

It was kind of hard to get the whites just right. Some are too high, some are too low, some are crooked, but it was my first try!
These nails are so long for me! I usually have short nails with babies and work and typing short is easier. But I thought what the heck I might as well try long ones for a while. So I'm sorry if I typed the wrong letters!

talk us through how you did em then, well done for having a go. x

OK.
-I picked out tips that would fit. I turned them around and put the numbered end at my cuticle. I filed that end round so it would fit my cuticle.
-I prepped my natural nail like I always do and applied a bonding gel.
-I use the POW and made the whites. You have to kind of guess where the white needs to be. You can put the tip/Popit over your nail to see where it needs to go.
-Freeze the white!!
-Put in a glob of clear gel and pull it over the white. This is where you thicken the nail to give it strength.
-Place it at the cuticle and press down. The gel squishes out under the nail but you can smooth it out.
-Cook for 2-3 minutes.
-Peel the tip/Popit off.
-File free edge. I did file around the cuticle a bit because some gel did leak out.
-Then I put on a top gloss.

**TA-DA!!**

i think you have done brilliant for your 1st attempt huni....well done you and well done for showing us them xx

OK.
-I picked out tips that would fit. I turned them around and put the numbered end at my cuticle. I filed that end round so it would fit my cuticle.
-I use the POW and made the whites. You have to kind of guess where the white needs to be. You can put the tip/Popit over your nail to see where it needs to go.
-Freeze the white!!
-Put in a glob of clear gel and pull it over the white. This is where you thicken the nail to give it strength.
-Place it at the cuticle and press down. The gel squishes out under the nail but you can smooth it out.
-Cook for 2-3 minutes.
-Peel the tip/Popit off.
-File free edge. I did file around the cuticle a bit because some gel did leak out.

**TA-DA!!**

Well done - so how did you stop the form from popping off whilst they were curing?

For the most part it stayed by it's self. I did have to use the end of my brush a few times just to hold it for a second.

OK.
-Freeze the white!!
-Cook for 2-3 minutes.
-Peel the tip/Popit off.

**TA-DA!!**

Hi do you have to hold the popit onto the gel while its curing? or does it just rest on top of bonding layer?

i think these look great your whites might not all be even but the smile lines you have look really good.i think you should be pleased:)

hi

i am a nail technician who is really interested in the inverted moulds, having seen them on "you tube"

where can i get them from????

anni:)

You can purchase them from sweet squared - I would say thats the best place to get em, give them a call on 02089035878 and Im sure they will be more than willing to help you hth xx

think they look fine hun, nice and even and better then my first attempts lol
Oh and when gigi showed us how to do gel she used a small clear hair grip, I don't know the name for them they are the ones where you pinch the wings and the grip the other side opens, looks like the fingers of a pair of hands interlocked opening:smack: anyway she put them around the finger and the pop it and it held it in place very well.

hi

i am a nail technician who is really interested in the inverted moulds, having seen them on "you tube"

where can i get them from????

anni:)
You can order them from CND`s Sweet Squared head office 0845 2106060

they r lovely...xx

Where can I purchase these Inverted Moulds from in the USA?

thanx

Latest posts

Back