I want to change from IBD gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy chick

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for me. I have been having a few complaints about the IBD gel I have been using and wish to change to another product. I am Creative L&P trained and have no probs with this at all but don't want to pay £200 + vat to convert from IBD. Can anyone help?:mad:

Does anyone have a recommendation for me. I have been having a few complaints about the IBD gel I have been using and wish to change to another product. I am Creative L&P trained and have no probs with this at all but don't want to pay £200 + vat to convert from IBD. Can anyone help?:mad:

I once upon a time used IBD gel. I found they didnt adhere to the nails too well, and would regularly have problems and i knew this wasnt down to my prepping.

Although the price for a gel conversion seems a little high, its definately worth it, to gain relevant knowledge of the product you are using. Normally the price also includes the gel kit and lamp, which is excellent value. and you can easily make the money back very quickly with the sets of nails you produce. It pays for itself!

I once upon a time used IBD gel. I found they didnt adhere to the nails too well, and would regularly have problems and i knew this wasnt down to my prepping.

Although the price for a gel conversion seems a little high, its definately worth it, to gain relevant knowledge of the product you are using. Normally the price also includes the gel kit and lamp, which is excellent value. and you can easily make the money back very quickly with the sets of nails you produce. It pays for itself!

I agree altought it seems expesive you are also paying for the kit and consiering you are using something that you are recieving complaint about i wouldn't mind paying it asx i know the products are good!!

You either loose money through complaints or take a big gulp and pay ouyt and earn money!!!

I know what i would choose xxx

May i just add, different Gels have different outcomes with different clients.
There are the odd client who simply cannot accept gels, or L&P, they get lifting from high oil content in the nail plate etc. Many different problems for different people.
Can you be more specific with the problems you are having?
Also can you elaborate in your public profile......

cheers:green:

have you ever tried ezflow gel it ?

have you ever tried Young Nails gel yet they may send out a sample kit our your local educator may have one?
:)

May i just add, different Gels have different outcomes with different clients.
There are the odd client who simply cannot accept gels, or L&P, they get lifting from high oil content in the nail plate etc. Many different problems for different people.
cheers:green:
I agree with you Blossey, although I haven't seen it very often, it can happen, I have just switched a serious pocket lifting l/p client (and that's pocket lifting after a few days) to gel and she has had no problems since.

Ive used IBD for 5 years, i have never had problems with it lifting!!

Only problem ive had is recently with the clear extreme yellowing on one client. but again, it stays stuck perfectly!!

Are you using bonder or primer? if you apply too much bonder they can lift. I prefer the IBD 'stick' primer.

Contact an IBD educator & have a chat to troubleshoot the areas that may be affecting your outcome.

Get her/him to check your product also, hopefully they can come to you & use it...... see what results you both get?

I'd at least try that before I switched to another system.
A less expense option if a 1-2-1 is all that's needed.
Alot of techs use IBD gel's and I've had have fab feedback about it's performance.

HtH

XX J XX

Hi again its Sal I can't believe this site so so helpful, you wrote about using too much bonder which I feel I have maybe been doing - don't want to give up on IBD but as a newly trained tech its frustrating what is a stick primer - does it do that same job as bonder but easier to use !!!

Hi again its Sal I can't believe this site so so helpful, you wrote about using too much bonder which I feel I have maybe been doing - don't want to give up on IBD but as a newly trained tech its frustrating what is a stick primer - does it do that same job as bonder but easier to use !!!

It is IBD's liquid primer, its called 'Stick'. Its originaly from the L&P range, but i use it under gel as i prefer a liquid primer to the bonder which is more like a thin gel as u have to cure it.

I was a akzentz user but lately due to the availability of IBD i've been using that instead of akzenz wich i had to order with lots of advance to get. At first i had some troubles adjusting to the gel but know i don't have any problems with it. I use a primer then the bonder but i found bonder has to be applied VERY thinly to work properly OR it will cause lifting, usually i pat the nails after i've applied the bonder with a lint free wipe before curing (this procedure was recomended by an IBD trainer and can also be seen on the step by step brochoure)

ive had problems with ibd with lifting, now i am using odyssey nail systems, and have no more lifting and the color stays presteen voor 4 to 5 weeks. And its very easy to apply (the gel). a dream

en vogue gels are fabulous because you can really sculpt with them and they are flexible and strong - they are in us funds so the price is really good and the shipping is really affordable.

What problems are you having the gel?

I've recently switched back to IBd gel (having trained with it 4 years ago and then trying others). In my opinion you can't beat its strength. Perhaps we can iron out the problems you are having before you spend on a conversion.

I am not sure if they still do it but NSI used to do free conversions. Maybe one of the NSI girls would be able to tell you more.

Latest posts

Back