I want to give up...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi Please help me, i did a set of natural nail overlay with gel last monday and used the mtw for the white free edge thought i did really well...then last nite i went round to do her neighbours full set of acrylic that were yellow from another salon!!! it took me hours to do them, then the client with the natural overlay came in and 6 out of 10 of her nails the white free edge had chipped off so then had to re-do hers i started at 7.30 and didnt get home till 11.30.. im so frustrated, then this morning i walk into work and the receptionists nails i did shes broken her thumb! I really want to give up why is the mtw chipping away at the free edge i really cant understand i prepped thoroughly and capped yet they still keep coming away please help x

Please don't give up Kelly....i had a week from hell too! one of my clients told me all but 2 of her nails just fell off all at the same time...:confused: but offered to pay for another set....! Then another client broke 3 nails when normaly she only ever breaks 1...she must count in between infills, had nothing to do with her doing her garden and not wearing gloves..lol

We all get bad days chick, dont let it get you down...! you know your a good tech...:D Keep your chin up

Vicky x

Kells you really need to get to the bottom of what's happening with the MTW if that's the problem. If you're not getting enough help from general answers why not try sending a PM to NailsinLondon or Geeg coz both will help you and both are very very experienced technicians.

Im new to all this, could you tell me what mtw is.
When ive done a sett i got told that when the girl was washing her hair her tips fell of, i later found out through goss that she sat and pulled them of because she didnt want to pay, but at the time i felt really down and thought that it was me. Some people can be horrible cant they at the end of the day she just wasted 2 hours of my time as i was doing her a favour and worked through my lunch time, i wont be doing them again.

kelli-marie said:
Im new to all this, could you tell me what mtw is.
When ive done a sett i got told that when the girl was washing her hair her tips fell of, i later found out through goss that she sat and pulled them of because she didnt want to pay, but at the time i felt really down and thought that it was me. Some people can be horrible cant they at the end of the day she just wasted 2 hours of my time as i was doing her a favour and worked through my lunch time, i wont be doing them again.
MTW is More Than White: its part of the Fabric range and is a liquid acrylic which can be used to create a white tip under L&P, fibreglass or gel. HTH.

Hi Caz i think i will because its driving me mad x

Hi Kelly,

have you tried other ways of doing the white - for example if you are using gel then why not try the paint on white gel and see if you can work better with it.

naturalnails said:
Hi Kelly,

have you tried other ways of doing the white - for example if you are using gel then why not try the paint on white gel and see if you can work better with it.
Hi Ya i can not work with the white gel which is why i converted over to the mtw i tried for a year with the white gel and it still chipped off etc, i can work with the mtw so much easier but i cant understand what i have done wrong for it to chip off so easily, i did do the gel overlay first then applied the mtw as she was originally going for the natural look then chnaged her mind but i wouldnt have thought this would affect it? im really concerned because she could be a potential good client but within a week she had chipped 6 x

PREP the nails.
File prep remove shine with 240 grit,
Shape the nail and if need be reduce to required length.
Apply bonder Gel, cure, wipe and buff
Apply 1 thin coat of MTW liquid , let it dry for 2minutes
If need be, apply a second coat of MTW.
Apply a thin coat of Bonder gel , cure for 2 minutes
Apply the builder layer of gel , cure for 2 minutes
Lightly buff the nails to smooth.
Always be careful not to buff through the overlay and remove any white.
Apply the topcoat finishing gel for perfect shine and cure for a full 2 minutes.

Make sure you cap the free edge.
HTH

Hi Ruth thanks for your response, it was the procedure i followed but somewhere i have dones something wrong do you know why it would have chipped off it was mainly towards the sides? thanks again x

we need to get together Kelly, if I watch you I may be able to point out whats going wrong for you. You mustn`t give up though honey, you will get there

Hi Kelly dont give up hun as ruth told me yesterday its called a c--p week it will come i have never used mtw so i have now answer to your question, i am hopin at the next meetin to give this ago i'm still havin probs with silly little things that i'm hopin we can go over at the next meetin chin up c u soon

Just a thought babe,
maybe the client is not being as honest as she should be and is using her nails as tools.
Side damage like that can also be caused by clients using nails as tools, removing sticky lables with her nails, removing staples with her nails...not using solar oil to keep the natural nail underneath flexible and the coating plasticised......the list goes on..laying in a bath for a long time with hands under the water, not wearing gloves when doing wet work......
As long as the poduct is capped and there are not bits sticking out and it is flush with the natural nail on the laterall wall and no seepage then it could be down to her and not you !!!!!!!
HTH

hi kelli, don't go taking all the blame. if its all comin away at the tip, shes been using her nails as tools, u no like pickin things, maybe drummin fingers. i did an over lay on my mum, and hers came away from tip, turns out she had been pickin wall paper off, using her nails!!!
if it happens again just do it for her for free and give her an aftercare leaflet, really under lining what not to do with ure nails!
shes gotta b fibbin, cumon, once, cud b accident, twice, hmm cud b, ne more, theres sumthing wrong with what shes doin, coz when ever this happens u tend 2 take extra care with the next set.
surley the product wud b liftin else where!
just do as ure signature says, stick with it girl!

P.s
if i were u id b gettin angry & b after her blood!:evil: LOL!!!

Hi Guys, thanks for your replies and support its just really frustrating, you just start to think your finally getting somewhere and then it all goes wrong, i did give her an aftercare leaflet and drum everything into her head but ill wait and see what happens when she comes back from holiday! x x

Latest posts

Back