I want to jump on the CND Shellac bandwagon: is an NSI Gel and L&P workshop OK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n@iledit

Reaction score
as the title says really, can i buy shellac on a nsi gel cert without a course or do i need to do the course now?
also if the answer is yes could some1 please send me the layer chart and most popular colours so i can ponder over a very generous order im being treated to from my hubby (im so spoilt :D)
thanks again!
also considering training with it to use it to its max potential.... im sooo excited right now!!!!! eeeeekkkkk

thanks geeks

As long as you have a mani and pedi certificate in training, which you can fax or post/send to Sweet Squared then yes you shoud be able to buy it as soon as the account is set up. You might not be bale to if you only have a acrylic and gel certificate as I had to send them all and had to have the mani and pedi ones. But you'd need to discusss that with S2 (You can't buy their acrylic and hard geek without a conversion course)

I would recommend buying one of the shellac kits as comes with the uv lamp and saves you a lot of money, you can only cure shellac correctly with the CND lamp, if you buy one of the package kits, you get everything you need, plus to do the shellac bring me back course you will need everything in the kit so it's worth it as you save ££ on products and you can add more colours as you go.

you can't cure shallac in. NSI lamp but you can cure nsi gels in a CND lamp.

I would definitely recommend the Shellac course it's 1/2 a day and is really helpful and you get a lovely certificate at the end, it's a very reasonable price.

Phone S2 on 0845 210 6060 and they will explain everything and help you get your certificates to them and sort an account out, then you can see the prices.

i didnt do do a mani and pedi alone but wouldnt my gel and acrylic cover this as you do all the prep thats needed with shellac?? hope i can because the salon im working in has a beautician that does all mani pedi and luxury work, us nail tech's are only going to be doing shellac + extensions so doing a mani course would be a waste to me :(
thanks for your reply maz :) x

You would have to check that with S2 as I don't now which certificates they will accept, I had to send them all my certificates which included my mani and pedi. I know I couldn't train for my enhancements courses without having previously done a separate manicure and pedicure course so maybe they will if they were in together, but only way of finding out is to chat to them. :)

thank you maz, i tried calling but not open untill monday now :( gota wait 2days :-0 thats guna kill me aha... im so excited cant wait to get started on whatever i need to do hehe! x

If you hold an NSI certificate for Manicure/Pedicure OR nail enhancements that should be enough to buy Shellac and there manicure range :) for enhancement products you need to do a conversion day.

But as stated above its really worth taking the Shellac course as when you buy the kit the course comes at discount and is very reasonable, also if you want to do the extra courses using Shellac like master painter which includes Shellac nail art with additives you cant do them unless you have done the Shellac course first.

The girls at sweet squared are very friendly and helpful, so when you call id ask them about all the courses they offer using Shellac.

Also if you register on http://www.cnd.com/ there's a 'just for pro's' section where you can find layering charts :)

Latest posts

Back