I want to open a training centre... HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodycot

Reaction score
:irked: I'm confused as to where to start, can any 1 help ?? I own a nail salon and am nvq qualified, i want to start a training centre to teach nail extentions within my salon. How do I do it ??

If you wanted to be affiliated with a company ie. CND, EZ Flow, NSI, OPI etc. then your best bet would be to contact them and ask what they would need you to do to become a trainer for them.

If you want to be an independent then maybe Babtac or Habia could help with criteria for what a training course would need to include in order for you to give a certificate which would have an actual worth to your students in terms of getting insurance etc.

You could go down th route of becoming an Educator for your chosen system....I don't know how this works with IBD though, give Graftons, they distribute IBD, a ring they'll be able to let you know.

thanks so much, needed a starting block.

IBD is an american company, need to find a uk distributor. will start my search.. thanx 4 the advice

You could go down th route of becoming an Educator for your chosen system....I don't know how this works with IBD though, give Graftons, they distribute IBD, a ring they'll be able to let you know.

Like Cathie had said Graftons are your best bet for IBD training if thats the route you want to go down... and the best person to talk to would be Jane Cook who is graftons (and my ezflow) training manager her direct line is 01827 253 326 or email [email protected]

I know with EzFlow you need to take your master artist training before you can take your educators im nt too sure if it is the same as IBD and also it does sometimes depend on your location

hth

Jess
xox

IBD is an american company, need to find a uk distributor. will start my search.. thanx 4 the advice

do you not get your IBD from graftons?

I buy my products direct from the USA, they are half the price.:)

This thread contains much debate about UK techs buying from the US http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/61087-product-diversion-buying-non-authorised-souces.html..... Also, without wishing to sound confrontational, why would a UK company make you an educator when you buy all your products from America? Graftons are a business and unless UK techs support them there wont be anyone to support the techs and educators.

Would you tell all your students to buy their products from America as well? If you want to educate for a major distributor you have to show loyalty to them and that includes buying your products from them.

JMHO

This thread contains much debate about UK techs buying from the US http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/61087-product-diversion-buying-non-authorised-souces.html..... Also, without wishing to sound confrontational, why would a UK company make you an educator when you buy all your products from America? Graftons are a business and unless UK techs support them there wont be anyone to support the techs and educators.

Would you tell all your students to buy their products from America as well? If you want to educate for a major distributor you have to show loyalty to them and that includes buying your products from them.

JMHO

I may buy direct from uk, but I still buy direct from IBD, so I am supporting them. There are far too many selling on ebay, they are the ones with problems !!

:lol:
I may buy direct from uk, but I still buy direct from IBD, so I am supporting them. There are far too many selling on ebay, they are the ones with problems !!

Professional products should never be bought from Ebay, end of! There are plenty of threads covering that little issue.....!!! If you want to be part of a set-up like Graftons, you will have to do some things their way - and getting products will be one of those things.......

Hope we've helped a bit!

Thanks Yvette.... Us trusted nail techs need to stick together, I support my industry all the way :). This is why I have decided to teach, also why I decided to get NVQ qualified, and not just do a day course. I have run my own salon succesfully for 2 years now, I need a new challenge, and I think this will suit perfectly. Thanks for all your comments and help guys... much appreciated.
Jo
XXX

i think you will also need a teaching qualification of some sort...

:Grope: already, checked that 1 out.. I have the highest NVQ qualification needed, spoken to the college. So I just need to take the plunge, speak to IBd and start training...... you'll b suprised how many people wanna learn. Got 8 takers already. All I can say... is GO 4 IT.... I get bored easily, and am always lookin 4 new challenges. If you can be a socialable nail tech... keep ur clients happy and returning..... THEN U CAN TEACH !! :lol:

:Grope: already, checked that 1 out.. I have the highest NVQ qualification needed, spoken to the college. So I just need to take the plunge, speak to IBd and start training...... you'll b suprised how many people wanna learn. Got 8 takers already. All I can say... is GO 4 IT.... I get bored easily, and am always lookin 4 new challenges. If you can be a socialable nail tech... keep ur clients happy and returning..... THEN U CAN TEACH !! :lol:

it take lots of time and effort (and sometimes money) become an educator... trust me... ive been educating students for 5 yrs now.... it isnt always a walk in the park.... there are so many skills needed to be able to pass on your knowledge and not only have i done my educator training and reassessing wth EzFlow and Graftons i have also taken a train the trainer course.. which was quite intense... plus i had to be competent not just in the practical side but giving presentations etc...

just in case you are wondering IBD is owned by AII (Welcome to American International Industries) ... they also own many other nail brands like EzFlow and China Glaze etc...
and both IBD and EzFlow come under the same Graftons 'umbrella' so we not only share a main distributor we also have the same training manager Jane Cook ... if you really want to go forward and train with IBD in the UK then i would urge you to speak to her like i mentioned before

hth

Jess
xox

ps.... im due to have an education demo evening soon if you want to pop along... im based in Crawley... just pm me for more details

:Grope: If you can be a socialable nail tech... keep ur clients happy and returning..... THEN U CAN TEACH !! :lol:

sorry but i have to disagree

i am all of the above but would not make a very good teacher
i think to be a teacher you need to have done teaching qualifications, and i spose even id you have gotthem it doesnt mean you CAN teach

i dont mean this to sound ,,, well, mean, but what im trying to say its not as cut and dried as you make it sound, ive met plenty of teachers, but have probaly only found one who was what i would call a GOOD teacher

do you get what i mean????
jmho xxx

This could be a stumbling block in becoming an Educator....have a read of this thread for a bit of background info...

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/61087-product-diversion-buying-non-authorised-souces.html

JMHO

Just to back up what has already been said... if you dont buy direct from Graftons do you get your IBD in a wholesalers?

or do you buy direct from the states??....

If so like it has already been said you would need to buy from an official UK distributor to be to go further with your IBD education and in order to be able to teach for them........ if we are not supporting the UK industry and official distributors by getting products via the wrong channels then how can the UK distributors support you or the students with after care and sales etc...??

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back