I want to propose to my fella!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LocksOfLove

Reaction score
Hi!

I have been with my amazing boyfriend for over 2 and a half years I was seeing him a long time before that. I love him to pieces and his stuck by me through the worst year I've ever had to face. We do talk about getting married and almost booked when we was on holiday in fuerterventura earlier this year! We stayed in a very posh hotel and thought it was perfect we had an appointment with the manager and almost booked a bloody wedding lol. We're not engaged but talk about it often. He's definitely not a romantic and I can't see him ever proposing I think we will just do it and book it if I'm honest. However I would love the engagement part of the relationship and actually make things more official in regards to getting off our arses and booking a wedding. We have quite a lot of savings which was for a deposit for a house but we've now found out I won't qualify for a mortgage due to health reasons, and him being self employed it's rather difficult. Even if we did blow the full wack on a wedding it won't take us long to get our savings back up again. Anyway back on track, I think I want to propose to him :) were both not traditional in any way hence the possibility of us looking at the beaches of the Canary Islands! But I have no idea where to start and what to do! Has anyone ever proposed to their male fella?

Any ideas? ill tell you a bit about him so you get the gist- He is a massive car fan and has 4 cars of his own, a ford focus Rs mk2, a Subaru, a ford fiesta ST, and a corsa rally car. He's a rally driver and owns his own business making custom made body kits for cars out of fibre glass and carbon fibre. He also sub contracts through a plane company making carbon fibre pieces for small 2 man planes. He is a massive formula 1 fan etc.

I didn't know whether to book us into seeing the F1 or a race and doing it there? I don't know how I would do it though. I don't even know his ring size! It wouldn't be for a while I'd save up on the side - wouldn't want him noticing some monies going out the good old saving account! (This is if he doesn't do it first - which I really doubt!)

His parents have been together 30 years and was never engaged they just started planning a wedding but I'd quite like the 'engagement phase' :) xxxx

Hi!

I have been with my amazing boyfriend for over 2 and a half years I was seeing him a long time before that. I love him to pieces and his stuck by me through the worst year I've ever had to face. We do talk about getting married and almost booked when we was on holiday in fuerterventura earlier this year! We stayed in a very posh hotel and thought it was perfect we had an appointment with the manager and almost booked a bloody wedding lol. We're not engaged but talk about it often. He's definitely not a romantic and I can't see him ever proposing I think we will just do it and book it if I'm honest. However I would love the engagement part of the relationship and actually make things more official in regards to getting off our arses and booking a wedding. We have quite a lot of savings which was for a deposit for a house but we've now found out I won't qualify for a mortgage due to health reasons, and him being self employed it's rather difficult. Even if we did blow the full wack on a wedding it won't take us long to get our savings back up again. Anyway back on track, I think I want to propose to him :) were both not traditional in any way hence the possibility of us looking at the beaches of the Canary Islands! But I have no idea where to start and what to do! Has anyone ever proposed to their male fella?

Any ideas? ill tell you a bit about him so you get the gist- He is a massive car fan and has 4 cars of his own, a ford focus Rs mk2, a Subaru, a ford fiesta ST, and a corsa rally car. He's a rally driver and owns his own business making custom made body kits for cars out of fibre glass and carbon fibre. He also sub contracts through a plane company making carbon fibre pieces for small 2 man planes. He is a massive formula 1 fan etc.

I didn't know whether to book us into seeing the F1 or a race and doing it there? I don't know how I would do it though. I don't even know his ring size! It wouldn't be for a while I'd save up on the side - wouldn't want him noticing some monies going out the good old saving account! (This is if he doesn't do it first - which I really doubt!)

His parents have been together 30 years and was never engaged they just started planning a wedding but I'd quite like the 'engagement phase' :) xxxx

That sounds so amazing. I get dead emotional reading things like this, i think you should go for it!!! Dead publically. Or try and arrange for one of the drivers to have something to do with it too. Or good old have the ring dropped in a glass :) if it feels right, go for it :D xxx

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Go got it xx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Go for it that should say lol x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd be wary of doing something extravagant unless you are 90% certain of his reaction.

If he isn't romantically inclined, he might be very embarrassed by the whole thing if other people are involved and he may also feel a bit emasculated by you taking over a traditionally male role.

At least discuss the issue of getting formally engaged with him a bit more and see how he reacts. Don't just hint but actually state that its something you're really keen on prior to planning a wedding. He probably doesn't realise how important it is to you to get engaged first.

You know him best, so try and think about it from his perspective. I'm sure you'll get a ring in the end. Good luck with it all. ;-) x

Get it girl! If you want to marry him, nothing says you have to wait for him to propose!

Good luck! x

Latest posts

Back