I want to start doing nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophiechantelle

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am a qualified hairdresser but want to become a nail tech I want to be qualified to do everything. I have googled what I need to be able to start doing nails but seem to be getting mixed messages! I have a room which I will use within a salon once qualified! I have the money to pay for a course and have been looking at CND creative nails. But I am unsure if I do there beginners course for at acrylics will this mean I am qualified to do manicures and everything else? Very confused please help?

You will have to have a manicure/pedicure qualification first, so you know everything about natural nail care. Few places will offer manicure qualification with the nail extension course. Why dont you before jumping in doing nail extensions, do Shelac or Gelish first, and once you get comfortable with it go on an get the nail extension qual, as all together can be a bit overwhelming at first

You will have to have a manicure/pedicure qualification first, so you know everything about natural nail care. Few places will offer manicure qualification with the nail extension course. Why dont you before jumping in doing nail extensions, do Shelac or Gelish first, and once you get comfortable with it go on an get the nail extension qual, as all together can be a bit overwhelming at first
Great advice busy bunny. Its exactly what i did. Just qualified in Shellac and im offering it and gellish to begin with. I hope to build up a new client base over the coming weeks and then Next year I Hope to do enhancements like acryllic and hard gel. Best of luck with your venture, this is a great place to get help xx

Happy we think alike :) Good luck with your new goals and hope you will become confident in nails in no time [emoji5]️

Hey everyone, I am a qualified hairdresser but want to become a nail tech I want to be qualified to do everything. I have googled what I need to be able to start doing nails but seem to be getting mixed messages! I have a room which I will use within a salon once qualified! I have the money to pay for a course and have been looking at CND creative nails. But I am unsure if I do there beginners course for at acrylics will this mean I am qualified to do manicures and everything else? Very confused please help?
Hi
I am a qualified lecturer and we run courses through The Beauty Guild have you looked on their web site, we are based in uttoxeter, but if that's to far put in your postcode on the web site and they will find a local trainer.

Latest posts

Back