I want to teach spray tanning but can't find anything! Help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keeley20

Reaction score
hi i want to teach other people how to do spray tans. But where do i start? I love spray tanning and really want to go into the teaching side of the beauty industry.

I want to do everything properly and above board (obvoiusly) but i cant find any info at all on it.

I would hopefully like to teach people in my salon or go out to warehouses, colleges etc to teach.

Any help would be great thanks xx

Most companies will take you with a Ptlls your local college will probably do a course.

hi thanks for your reply, dont want to sound daft but what is a Ptlls? thanks xx

Do a google and a search on here.Its an introduction to teaching in the lifelong learning sector so basically the minimum teaching qualification for teaching what you are qualified and experienced in to others.Its a city and guilds qualification takes about 12 weeks or so usually at an evening or day class once a week.

Has anyone else got any more info on this? thanks xx

You've got all the info you need! A PTTLS course, then either get a job with a spray tan company, or write your own course & get it accredited with an insurer. There are tons of threads on here all with great advice about it if you use the search.

Hi - PTLLS which is Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Learning Sector.

This is required by anyone teaching adults - along with your qualification in tanning.

Once you have this you will be in a position to approach a tanning company and see if you can train for them - for example in our academy we train for Su-do - they provide you with the training manual - ensure you are teaching to their level and provide the certs for your students but you need to be approved.

You could also write your own course and submit it for accreditation - hope this helps you - we do a distance PTLLS which means you can do it from your own salon or classroom based.

More info on PTLLS can be found here... HOME - highstreetspaacademy.co.uk

Latest posts

Back